Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Unofficial Kent State Game Thread
Bookmark and Share
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
RE: Unofficial Kent State Game Thread
My point is that Scott is capable of developing QBs and creating a varied offense not a variation of 3 downs and a cloud of dust.
10-09-2012 06:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DPW Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: EMU
03-banghead

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

The debate continued on Monday about why Eastern Michigan decided to kick to Flashes junior sensation Dri Archer to start the second half. Archer took full advantage of the surprising opportunity by racing 98 yards for a touchdown, his third kickoff return for a TD this season.

“(On their first kickoff) they had a pooch on, which we thought they were gonna do, and we had a pooch return called where guys did an unbelievable job of getting over there and protecting the football,” said Hazell. “(Eric) Adeyemi caught it and hit a crease, and if he doesn’t run into the back of Leon (Green), he would have scored. So that made them nervous I’m sure.

“They came back on the next kickoff and kicked it to Dri, which is probably never a good idea. He made them pay for it.”

What are his teammates thinking when opponents kick to Archer?

“Any time they kick it to him, we’re all wide-eyed, waiting to see what happens,” said senior quarterback Spencer Keith.

“The first thing I’m thinking of is six (points),” said Saulter. “Once you see him break (open), you’re like, ‘six for real.’ It’s over’.”

http://www.recordpub.com/news/sports_art...850?page=0

One other mystery....why did English accept a penalty on the KSU offense in the KSU zone in the first quarter to make it 3rd and 22? Declining the punt would have been 4th and 17 and an obvious punting situation where EMU would get the ball!

03-banghead
10-09-2012 08:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
This is from today's Kent State game @ Army:

Dri Archer takes the ball on a fake sweep and throws a TD pass to Spencer Keith, the KSU QB.

How would you like to defend Archer after seeing him throw a TD pass?
10-13-2012 12:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.