Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UTSA info sites
utsagrad1998 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UTSA,
RE: UTSA info sites
Are we piling on Rowdyville here? I stopped posting for the same reasons y'all are mentioning. I affectionately refer to the administrator as comrade runners up. That individual got absolutely butt hurt over any little thing. Anyway hope the site returns as I like to read everyone elses contributions.
07-17-2012 09:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cokerchronicles_adm Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UTSA
I didn't post there, mostly because I slowed my message boarding a while back. Sucks to scrap a 2-year community without notice. I do hear that there are some things in the works, however. This board seems like it wil pick up the slack, however.

I did link to an old board I was testing out for former rowdyvillians that don't want to hop on these. Dunno if I want to run it long term or anything. I seriously doubt it will be used though.
07-18-2012 01:02 AM
UTSA Paratrooper 2004 Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-18-2012 01:02 AM)cokerchronicles_adm Wrote:  I did link to an old board I was testing out for former rowdyvillians that don't want to hop on these. Dunno if I want to run it long term or anything. I seriously doubt it will be used though.

btw...I didn't have Coker Chronicles on the list. Why did you say anything? 01-wingedeagle

j/k It's there now.
07-18-2012 05:26 AM
mac78251 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTSA, Texas
(07-18-2012 01:02 AM)cokerchronicles_adm Wrote:  I didn't post there, mostly because I slowed my message boarding a while back. Sucks to scrap a 2-year community without notice. I do hear that there are some things in the works, however. This board seems like it wil pick up the slack, however.

I did link to an old board I was testing out for former rowdyvillians that don't want to hop on these. Dunno if I want to run it long term or anything. I seriously doubt it will be used though.

Don't know which one of you is using this particular user name, but (while this is meant to be speculation for now) Adam Shafer from Coker Chronicles sent this tweet out a few days ago in regards to Rowdyville:

@ShaferCC: A little birdy told me rowdyville may be doing something big...

Then the other Adam or Jared from CC (I'm assuming it's one of the two on the CC twitter account) replied - @CokerChronicles: @ShaferCC like what?

But Shafer rebutted - @ShaferCC: @CokerChronicles cant reveal for my tremendous respect for the source...

So yeah, take this for what it's worth but I'm going to treat it for the time being as speculation.

But yeah, it'll be interesting and surprising to see if something comes about from this....
07-18-2012 07:16 AM
Yankee Runner Offline
Bench Warmer

Something big like shutting down the whole site? Lol
07-18-2012 10:55 AM
Water Engineer

(07-18-2012 07:16 AM)mac78251 Wrote:  
(07-18-2012 01:02 AM)cokerchronicles_adm Wrote:  I didn't post there, mostly because I slowed my message boarding a while back. Sucks to scrap a 2-year community without notice. I do hear that there are some things in the works, however. This board seems like it wil pick up the slack, however.

Don't know which one of you is using this particular user name, but (while this is meant to be speculation for now) Adam Shafer from Coker Chronicles sent this tweet out a few days ago in regards to Rowdyville:

@ShaferCC: A little birdy told me rowdyville may be doing something big...

Then the other Adam or Jared from CC (I'm assuming it's one of the two on the CC twitter account) replied - @CokerChronicles: @ShaferCC like what?

But Shafer rebutted - @ShaferCC: @CokerChronicles cant reveal for my tremendous respect for the source...

So yeah, take this for what it's worth but I'm going to treat it for the time being as speculation.

But yeah, it'll be interesting and surprising to see if something comes about from this....

Yeah. This is aztecskin. Shafer heard that rowdyville shut down and might be doing something big. He told me more. He isn't as confident they will be moving up anymore tho. We shall see.
07-18-2012 08:36 PM
Yankee Runner Offline
Bench Warmer

Perhaps they can create a new rowdyville, without the Gestapo censorship. Also, leave the kid at home. Filter the way it's supposed to be filtered and not like a 19 year old jealous woman. Then we have a successful board :)

Sorry guys, the whole thing really got me frustrated.
07-18-2012 09:57 PM
UTSAsports Offline
Water Engineer

I can honestly say, we as a staff have never posted on rowdyville.net, so didn't know that the mod was tough. They did help us on a few leads from random posters though.

Honest feedback, any suggestions on what we at IRS can do to possibly get more frequency? We relaunched the entire forum board in September 2011 and almost at 200 registered members.
07-19-2012 06:23 AM
Yankee Runner Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-19-2012 06:23 AM)UTSAsports Wrote:  I can honestly say, we as a staff have never posted on rowdyville.net, so didn't know that the mod was tough. They did help us on a few leads from random posters though.

Honest feedback, any suggestions on what we at IRS can do to possibly get more frequency? We relaunched the entire forum board in September 2011 and almost at 200 registered members.

I think IRS is doing a great job. It has been my main posting site since last year. It did, however, slow down after BB season was over. But that's an issue most sites deal with IMO. It did seem like the market for UTSA posters is a bit saturated, cause we have 4 boards. Too many if you ask me. I'm a strong supporter of sticking with this one and IRS. But I don't have the authority to dictate that.

IRS should pick up when FB season starts. I still check it everyday for news, no other site offers that.
07-19-2012 10:33 AM
Bench Warmer

(07-19-2012 06:23 AM)UTSAsports Wrote:  Honest feedback, any suggestions on what we at IRS can do to possibly get more frequency?

Maybe more non-sports forums.
07-23-2012 12:11 PM
Water Engineer

Hey everyone, so we decided to launch a Coker Chronicles Forum. It is by UTSA fans/students/alumni for UTSA fans/students/alumni.

Coker Chronicles Forum.
07-24-2012 01:06 AM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
(07-09-2012 06:54 AM)UTSA Paratrooper 2004 Wrote:  What other sites besides this do y'all use for talking/exchanging info about UTSA?

Here's some I'm familar with:

http://www.rowdytalk.com/ Broad range of discussion areas. Very active during football season, semi active throughout the year.

http://www.insiderunnersports.com/ Great in depth sports articles from some local guys. Chat area less active during non-football season.

http://www.cokerchronicles.com/

http://rowdyville.net/forum/ I haven't spent much time here yet but the site looks nice. GONE?

http://bobcatfans.com/forums/ (Keep your friends close but keep your enemy closer.) :)

I wonder if that apparently abandoned rowdyville page you found was affiliated with Cal-State Bakersfield. They're also the Roadrunners, and their mascot is likewise also called Rowdy. Their school was established in '65 so they might even have dibs on some things we lay claim to.

At any rate, my dad was Airborne; 20 years in the Army (CID). His brothers likewise had careers in the Army (one being a green beret in Vietnam) and Air Force, and my own brother had a stint in the Marines. Respect to you guys for all you do for our country!
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 12:37 PM by Volkmar.)
07-04-2013 12:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Volkmar Offline
All American

Found another 'Runner page; pretty cool one at that. Not sure if any of you have visited it yet...

http://www.roadrunnernation.com/
07-04-2013 02:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mac78251 Offline
2nd String

Good to see you on here as well Volkmar!
07-07-2013 12:00 PM
mac78251 Offline
2nd String

While I'm on this thread, I would like to remind visitors on here that there is now a UTSA Rivals/Yahoo Sports team site:

InsideUTSA.com

Furthermore, Inside Runner Sports is now the Scout/Fox Sports Next UTSA affiliate:

InsideRunnerSports.com

So there you go Runnernation, two subscription-based UTSA team sites (albeit on different networks) each dedicated to providing Roadrunner fans with recruiting coverage and news updates related to UTSA Athletics.
07-07-2013 12:04 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

(07-07-2013 12:00 PM)mac78251 Wrote:  Good to see you on here as well Volkmar!

Gracias, amigo.
08-08-2013 11:15 AM
InsideRunnerSports Offline
Water Engineer

(07-07-2013 12:04 PM)mac78251 Wrote:  Furthermore, Inside Runner Sports is now the Scout/Fox Sports Next UTSA affiliate:

InsideRunnerSports.com

So there you go Runnernation, two subscription-based UTSA team sites (albeit on different networks) each dedicated to providing Roadrunner fans with recruiting coverage and news updates related to UTSA Athletics.

Thanks Mac. Appreicate the plug.
11-24-2013 10:42 AM
Bench Warmer

Updated...please review the OP.
09-25-2014 03:40 PM
Bench Warmer

I updated the OP and added a couple opponent sites.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.
05-24-2019 07:44 AM
Bench Warmer

Another update. Added a couple podcasts and some Twitter handles.
05-29-2019 11:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.