MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll
Bookmark and Share
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll
(05-19-2012 01:11 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 12:07 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 12:01 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  You know, the sunbelt would have been close to the strongest, if not the strongest, of the five or six lower tier conferences, if everyone wasn't so willing to leave. We had (and still to a lesser degree) strength in the palm of our hands. If middle and WKU leave, who's to say the new CUSA would be any stronger than the sunbelt if MTSU, WKU, FIU, and UNT were still here.

It's conference realignment.

CUSA has a small window when they are living off of the persona of the former CUSA. They are taking advantage of that small window because it will be gone when the new CUSA takes the field and people actually get a sense of what it is.

I don't blame UNT for making the lateral move because it puts them into a similar conference....but with regional rivals that will improve their attendance and fan interest.

FIU on the other hand is more typical and it's more of a lateral move for them...except for losing the FAU rivalry and travel partner.

ark30inf(arkst.com) Wrote:It makes me nervous to see nobody below us ready to rise up and knowing conference realignment is not going to be finished after this. We better get our hair fixed real pretty and put on lipstick and get the high heels on as fast as possible and maybe lift our dress a little......look out for ourselves....just to be safe.
ark30inf(arkst.com) Wrote:We also are one of only two FBS programs in our state. Whether we do anything with that advantage is the question. So far we haven't been able to really.
ark30inf(arkst.com) Wrote:May be, but I don't think realignment is over and the next wave could hurt a lot more than this one. We better be prepared to be in a position to look attractive and look out for ourselves when it arrives.

This sounds like a fan willing to change his tune quickly if an invite comes. BTH, I'd keep on eye on these guys if ark30inf is representative of the fan base, his lips are saying all the right things about belt loyalty but his eyes are wandering. 03-shhhh

Ah, now its clear what you are talking about.

The thread you are referring to included future speculation about ECU and USM leaving CUSA for the Big East due to Cincy and Louisville leaving for the Big 12 and UTEP leaving CUSA for the MWC taking UTSA and Texas State with them. That would leave a very slim CUSA reloading with a whole crapload of teams which would probably signify SBC death.

In that VERY unlikely circumstance where CUSA was looking to get back up to 16 from 8.....then yeah....Arkansas State would have to try to make its case to avoid an NMSU/Idaho situation in a dead SBC. In that situation we would have a case to make.

Of course, even that unlikely event has changed since I wrote it with the Florida State rumors and the SEC/Big 12 announcement and the Boise reaffirming for the Big East.

You posted my comment without posting the context.....which was an unlikely scenario where a near-death CUSA had to try to kill off the SBC.

My position has been that the SBC needed to stick together from the start. I suggested that things would be much different if SBC Presidents had presented a unified front at the start. Chances are we would have been in a great position to be the "picker" rather than the "pickee". CUSA would have been left with FCS call-up options across the board.

I also suggested that a grant of rights were the only stabilizing mechanism.

I've also said that our Achilles Heel was leaving UNT out on an island so long without looking to give them relief. Wright Waters was opposed to Conference Expansion and therefore we waited too long to try to get Texas State and UTSA to help UNT and let the WAC take them instead which ultimately led to UNT making a rational decision to leave. If we had taken UTSA and Texas State early then maybe UNT would not have left.

The SBC blew it by not giving UNT relief. FIU is just a market school moving because of the residual CUSA perception.

I've been fairly consistent on my positions.
05-19-2012 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-19-2012 12:01 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  You know, the sunbelt would have been close to the strongest, if not the strongest, of the five or six lower tier conferences, if everyone wasn't so willing to leave. We had (and still to a lesser degree) strength in the palm of our hands. If middle and WKU leave, who's to say the new CUSA would be any stronger than the sunbelt if MTSU, WKU, FIU, and UNT were still here.
you know the same could have been said after the MWC defections.If the WAC members would have just stuck together they would have been more attractive than the MWC but Unfortunately most schools don't look at the big picture, they just want to move up the so called perceived totum pole.
05-19-2012 02:34 PM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-19-2012 01:59 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 11:48 AM)MG61 Wrote:  Whats tacky about it ? It's a discussion that high lights two Sun Belt schools. Stick your head in the sand if you wish, but there is a fan discussion going on. Geeze.

P.S. Get real, the Sun Belt is an athletic conference and not a brotherhood.

It's tacky because UNT and FIU fans got all pissy because they were being left out of Sun Belt discussions and demanded we include yall in them because, "we're still Sun Belt programs until after this season." Then we find threads from the departing fanbases popping up talking about, "hey guys, you and you may be cool enough to jump ship with us and ditch the Belt...are you excited?" That's bs. You knew when you posted it we'd get angry about it (hence the 05-stirthepot emoticon), so don't act like our responses are so shocking and uncalled for.

Either say your still one of us and act like it, or admit to being completely C-USA biased at this point and don't complain when the community regards you as such. It's one way or the other.

I have no beef with either program for leaving, I just don't like the two-faced manner in which SOME are acting. I represent the fanbases loyal to the Sun Belt, and I have no issue with standing that ground proudly.
05-19-2012 02:37 PM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-19-2012 01:59 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 11:48 AM)MG61 Wrote:  Whats tacky about it ? It's a discussion that high lights two Sun Belt schools. Stick your head in the sand if you wish, but there is a fan discussion going on. Geeze.

P.S. Get real, the Sun Belt is an athletic conference and not a brotherhood.

It's tacky because UNT and FIU fans got all pissy because they were being left out of Sun Belt discussions and demanded we include yall in them because, "we're still Sun Belt programs until after this season." Then we find threads from the departing fanbases popping up talking about, "hey guys, you and you may be cool enough to jump ship with us and ditch the Belt...are you excited?" That's bs. You knew when you posted it we'd get angry about it (hence the 05-stirthepot emoticon), so don't act like our responses are so shocking and uncalled for.

Either say your still one of us and act like it, or admit to being completely C-USA biased at this point and don't complain when the community regards you as such. It's one way or the other.

I have no beef with either program for leaving, I just don't like the two-faced manner in which SOME are acting. I represent the fanbases loyal to the Sun Belt, and I have no issue with standing that ground proudly.

I always told you guys MG61 was nothing but a little tattleing teenage gossip girl biotch. Now that she is not ganging up on Tech, you guys get to see what he is really about.
05-19-2012 02:39 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-19-2012 02:34 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  
you know the same could have been said after the MWC defections.If the WAC members would have just stuck together they would have been more attractive than the MWC but Unfortunately most schools don't look at the big picture, they just want to move up the so called perceived totum pole.

The whole WAC/MWC dance turned out to be purely ridiculous. The only thing really accomplished out of all that was to leave two Western programs without an FBS home.
05-19-2012 02:46 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
(05-19-2012 02:29 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

CUSA has a small window when they are living off of the persona of the former CUSA. They are taking advantage of that small window because it will be gone when the new CUSA takes the field and people actually get a sense of what it is.

I don't blame UNT for making the lateral move because it puts them into a similar conference....but with regional rivals that will improve their attendance and fan interest.

FIU on the other hand is more typical and it's more of a lateral move for them...except for losing the FAU rivalry and travel partner.

ark30inf(arkst.com) Wrote:It makes me nervous to see nobody below us ready to rise up and knowing conference realignment is not going to be finished after this. We better get our hair fixed real pretty and put on lipstick and get the high heels on as fast as possible and maybe lift our dress a little......look out for ourselves....just to be safe.
ark30inf(arkst.com) Wrote:We also are one of only two FBS programs in our state. Whether we do anything with that advantage is the question. So far we haven't been able to really.
ark30inf(arkst.com) Wrote:May be, but I don't think realignment is over and the next wave could hurt a lot more than this one. We better be prepared to be in a position to look attractive and look out for ourselves when it arrives.

This sounds like a fan willing to change his tune quickly if an invite comes. BTH, I'd keep on eye on these guys if ark30inf is representative of the fan base, his lips are saying all the right things about belt loyalty but his eyes are wandering. 03-shhhh

The thread you are referring to included future speculation about ECU and USM leaving CUSA for the Big East due to Cincy and Louisville leaving for the Big 12 and UTEP leaving CUSA for the MWC taking UTSA and Texas State with them. That would leave a very slim CUSA reloading with a whole crapload of teams which would probably signify SBC death.

In that VERY unlikely circumstance where CUSA was looking to get back up to 16 from 8.....then yeah....Arkansas State would have to try to make its case to avoid an NMSU/Idaho situation in a dead SBC. In that situation we would have a case to make.

Of course, even that unlikely event has changed since I wrote it with the Florida State rumors and the SEC/Big 12 announcement and the Boise reaffirming for the Big East.

You posted my comment without posting the context.....which was an unlikely scenario where a near-death CUSA had to try to kill off the SBC.

My position has been that the SBC needed to stick together from the start. I suggested that things would be much different if SBC Presidents had presented a unified front at the start. Chances are we would have been in a great position to be the "picker" rather than the "pickee". CUSA would have been left with FCS call-up options across the board.

I've also said that our Achilles Heel was leaving UNT out on an island so long without looking to give them relief. Wright Waters was opposed to Conference Expansion and therefore we waited too long to try to get Texas State and UTSA to help UNT and let the WAC take them instead which ultimately led to UNT making a rational decision to leave. If we had taken UTSA and Texas State early then maybe UNT would not have left.

The SBC blew it by not giving UNT relief. FIU is just a market school moving because of the residual CUSA perception.

Now you are making sh!t up.

Quote:
Quote:Quote from: chiefsfan on April 28, 2012, 06:37:11 AM
Right now the alliance thing is pretty much dead. They might agree to a scheduling alliance, but thats it.

If the SBC holds onto MTSU, we are in good shape because we know both App State and Georgia Southern will be out there. If Texas State was to go MWC, then we need to be getting on the phone with Missori State pronto.

This should be a wakeup call, and its not over.

There are still a lot of hanging chads out there. Big East could still lose Cincy, Louisville in the next couple of years and come raiding CUSA again for ECU and USM. Even if CUSA sticks at 10 they could be going for 12 in a year or two.

We better be putting on the makeup and high heels.

The conference also needs to start working on UNO, UTA, Missouri State to start trying harder unless we want to end up with Lamar and Sam Houston.
http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=53929.0

You are saying you want stAte to be team 9 or 10 (at most 11 or 12) of the CUSA. Your scenario was not a near-death CUSA, at 8 CUSA is still viable. Losing 2 teams would not kill the Belt as well. So you were simply looking out for what is best for stAte.

Your vitriol is simply frustration that you feel you are better that even other program in the sun belt, past, present and future members. And you are pissed that no one agrees with you.
05-19-2012 02:52 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

(05-19-2012 02:06 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  BTH, I don't know why you include FIU fans getting "pissy". I don't recall any of us making any derogatory comments n or any of the stuff you just wrote up there. Even though I am still considering myself a Sun Belt team for at least a year, it is obvious you and and some others feel slighted by our administrations' decision to move to the CUSA much more so than what any of us say or write (or don't say or don't write in our case), and don't feel we are part of the SBC. That's wrong.

Let's move on.

+1
05-19-2012 03:00 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-19-2012 02:52 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 02:29 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

Now you are making sh!t up.

Quote:
Quote:Quote from: chiefsfan on April 28, 2012, 06:37:11 AM
Right now the alliance thing is pretty much dead. They might agree to a scheduling alliance, but thats it.

If the SBC holds onto MTSU, we are in good shape because we know both App State and Georgia Southern will be out there. If Texas State was to go MWC, then we need to be getting on the phone with Missori State pronto.

This should be a wakeup call, and its not over.

There are still a lot of hanging chads out there. Big East could still lose Cincy, Louisville in the next couple of years and come raiding CUSA again for ECU and USM. Even if CUSA sticks at 10 they could be going for 12 in a year or two.

We better be putting on the makeup and high heels.

The conference also needs to start working on UNO, UTA, Missouri State to start trying harder unless we want to end up with Lamar and Sam Houston.
http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=53929.0

You are saying you want stAte to be team 9 or 10 (at most 11 or 12) of the CUSA. Your scenario was not a near-death CUSA, at 8 CUSA is still viable. Losing 2 teams would not kill the Belt as well. So you were simply looking out for what is best for stAte.

Your vitriol is simply frustration that you feel you are better that even other program in the sun belt, past, present and future members. And you are pissed that no one agrees with you.

My post listed an SBC of 8 without any viable or attractive expansion candidates remaining other than NMSU and Idaho. In that case I imagine everyone would be nervous and looking for stability unless there were a grant of rights. The thread can speak for itself.

The fact is that you are here on an SBC message board DYING for someone to be jealous of you and stalking around trying to "prove" that they are jealous. That's weird dude.

You have my permission to no longer care what SBC programs think of you.

The fact is that I respect UNT's decision and understand it completely and of the opinion that it will work out well as long as UTEP sticks (and I think they will). I think FIU's decision is just an instance of the Peter Principle at work. No reason for leaving other than perception. That's my opinion....it ain't changing in the near future.

And I don't care if you don't like that opinion. If you stick around here engaged in these discussions you are gonna hear a whole lot more of it because I don't care about your fragile sensibilities enough to self-censor what I think.

I'd suggest that you make an effort to care just as little as I do. You are better off being on the CUSA board trying to build up cred for the future than you are trying to convince yourself that I am bent out of shape about FIU. Even if you convince yourself...it seems fairly pointless.
05-19-2012 03:20 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Im not jealous of UNT...Why would I be jealous of losing seasons year after year after year....Do they think they will magically start winning in CUSA?03-yawn
05-19-2012 03:25 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(05-19-2012 11:58 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 11:48 AM)MG61 Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 11:22 AM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  This is a tacky thread. Oh we're leaving the brotherhood but want eveyone to respect us as being members for this last year, but then we're going to post threads about our situation and try to stir up crap about others possibly jumping ship with us.

C'mon guys, think about how we Sun Belt fans are going to feel about this before you post it. Use your head.

Whats tacky about it ? It's a discussion that high lights two Sun Belt schools. Stick your head in the sand if you wish, but there is a fan discussion going on. Geeze.

Whatever.

If you aren't in the SEC, Big 12, Pac 12, or Big 10 then you are on the outside. Won't really matter that much.

The Big 4 are setting it up for a defacto reclassification.

At some point, all of the schools of the Big East, MWC, CUSA, SBC, ACC, and any FCS school that ever hopes to progress.....are going to have to band together and use whatever means they have to rebel.

And the way we band together is with scheduling. The AQers make MILLIONS off of us with their guarantee games. Simply announce that in the event of a lockout in the BCS, the guarantee required for a home only game will be 3 million bucks per game.
05-19-2012 03:26 PM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
01-wingedeagle Wow. Talk about pointless and fragile sensibilities.....03-weeping

Don't worry, you'll look good putting up your makeup and wearing those high heels....
05-19-2012 03:32 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-19-2012 03:32 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  01-wingedeagle Wow. Talk about pointless and fragile sensibilities.....03-weeping

Don't worry, you'll look good putting up your makeup and wearing those high heels....

In the unlikely event that ECU and USM leave for the Big East and UTEP heads to the MWC with Texas State and UTSA then you can come ask to see us in them because you'll be needing a date as bad as we will.
05-19-2012 03:38 PM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(05-19-2012 03:38 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 03:32 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  01-wingedeagle Wow. Talk about pointless and fragile sensibilities.....03-weeping

In the unlikely event that ECU and USM leave for the Big East and UTEP heads to the MWC with Texas State and UTSA then you can come ask to see us in them because you'll be needing a date as bad as we will.

I agree with you that your scenario is very unlikely 04-cheers...Keep putting up your makeup and high heels though....just in case.
05-19-2012 03:42 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

So it is "Rah rah sun belt!" except if ECU and USM makes space in CUSA for you? 03-lmfao I thought it was said CUSA would be less appealing with those 2 gone.

You sound like an ad for erectile dysfunction, "conditions apply". 03-lmfao
05-19-2012 03:46 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-19-2012 03:26 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 11:22 AM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  This is a tacky thread. Oh we're leaving the brotherhood but want eveyone to respect us as being members for this last year, but then we're going to post threads about our situation and try to stir up crap about others possibly jumping ship with us.

C'mon guys, think about how we Sun Belt fans are going to feel about this before you post it. Use your head.

Whats tacky about it ? It's a discussion that high lights two Sun Belt schools. Stick your head in the sand if you wish, but there is a fan discussion going on. Geeze.

Whatever.

If you aren't in the SEC, Big 12, Pac 12, or Big 10 then you are on the outside. Won't really matter that much.

At some point, all of the schools of the Big East, MWC, CUSA, SBC, ACC, and any FCS school that ever hopes to progress.....are going to have to band together and use whatever means they have to rebel.

And the way we band together is with scheduling. The AQers make MILLIONS off of us with their guarantee games. Simply announce that in the event of a lockout in the BCS, the guarantee required for a home only game will be 3 million bucks per game.

Yeah, but they are already contemplating that potential which is part of why you see the talk about scheduling alliances between Big10/Pac12 and SEC/Big12. That way they don't have to let even those crumbs fall off the table.

Ultimately it will have to get into the courts or the political arena if it goes too far and a solid bloc in the NCAA.

Truth is that we could be bought off pretty cheaply. If we end up with an unfair system that gives us double the dollars....we'll probably all jump right on board and take the bribe and use the extra money.

It's a matter of whether they are too greedy to even cut us in on the deal a little bit. I suspect that yes...they are that greedy. The NMSU/Idaho thing leads me to believe that they'll risk a backlash for just a few dollars more.
05-19-2012 03:49 PM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(05-19-2012 03:46 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  

So it is "Rah rah sun belt!" except if ECU and USM makes space in CUSA for you? 03-lmfao I thought it was said CUSA would be less appealing with those 2 gone.

04-cheers Exactly.
05-19-2012 03:52 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-19-2012 03:46 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  

Yeah, I'm sure CUSA will be more appealing with ECU and USM gone 01-wingedeagle

As for conditions applying? That's already been made clear....if the core SBC schools start to bail and there is an effort to kill the SBC then it's either a Grant of Rights or you have to try to outrun the slowest guy. I'd prefer that we just do a Grant of Rights and add App State and Georgia Southern and put a period on it. If my choice today were that...or CUSA...I'd take the Grant of Rights and stability in the SBC right now.

You want so badly for us to be jealous, or to moan over FIU leaving. We're not. It's not going to happen. If I had a choice of taking back FIU or UNT I'd take UNT in a heartbeat. If I had a choice taking back FIU or getting App State right now....I'd take App State right now. If I had the choice of getting FIU back and losing WKU then I'd keep WKU right now. If I was promised FIU and ODU to get rid of ULL I'd still be eating gumbo.

Get over it.
05-19-2012 04:03 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(05-19-2012 03:49 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 03:26 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

Whatever.

Yeah, but they are already contemplating that potential which is part of why you see the talk about scheduling alliances between Big10/Pac12 and SEC/Big12. That way they don't have to let even those crumbs fall off the table.

Ultimately it will have to get into the courts or the political arena if it goes too far and a solid bloc in the NCAA.

Truth is that we could be bought off pretty cheaply. If we end up with an unfair system that gives us double the dollars....we'll probably all jump right on board and take the bribe and use the extra money.

It's a matter of whether they are too greedy to even cut us in on the deal a little bit. I suspect that yes...they are that greedy. The NMSU/Idaho thing leads me to believe that they'll risk a backlash for just a few dollars more.

AQ teams aren't going to seven or eight home games if they aren't playing us. And they can't qualify for bowls (which will still exist and matter) if they double or triple up on FCS teams.

Lets just get the non-BCS conferences (which will include the Big East) to band together to hit them where it counts. In the pocketbook.

Finally, if they change the NCAA rules so that they don't have to accomodate us in their playoff, which would effectively be a new classification, then I say that the Big East, CUSA, MWC, ACC (who looks like they will be left out of a 4 team playoff), Sun Belt, MAC, and independents simply LEAVE the NCAA for football! Start paying players a reasonable stipend and have a friggin' 16 team playoff. The NCAA can never get agreement on either of those items because of the stupid Pac 12 - B1G insistence on the stupid Rose Bowl.

Here's how it would go down.

1) All schools in the Sun Belt, MAC, CUSA, MWC, independents, ACC, and Big East form their own non-NCAA alliance for football. Tell the NCAA that we will take all of our sports out of the NCAA if they sanction us in other sports.

2) Home only games for members of the new group at NCAA AQ conference teams will cost 3 million dollars.

3) We will allow for a reasonable stipend for our players and have a playoff. Watch for the NCAA AQ to get hammered in recruiting.

4) Form an alliance for programming. Tell ESPN that unless they play ball with us, they will get NONE of our programming. Send it to the new NBC Sports of Fox National Sports channels instead, who could build a national sports network rivalling ESPN with our content.
05-19-2012 04:06 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(05-19-2012 11:25 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 11:22 AM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  think about how we Sun Belt fans are going to feel about this before you post it.

I think they are.

Not everyone. I didn't vote or post on that thread.
05-19-2012 04:07 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-19-2012 04:06 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  1) All schools in the Sun Belt, MAC, CUSA, MWC, independents, ACC, and Big East form their own non-NCAA alliance for football. Tell the NCAA that we will take all of our sports out of the NCAA if they sanction us in other sports.

2) Home only games for members of the new group at NCAA AQ conference teams will cost 3 million dollars.

3) We will allow for a reasonable stipend for our players and have a playoff. Watch for the NCAA AQ to get hammered in recruiting.

4) Form an alliance for programming. Tell ESPN that unless they play ball with us, they will get NONE of our programming. Send it to the new NBC Sports of Fox National Sports channels instead, who could build a national sports network rivalling ESPN with our content.

We could do #1.

For #2 I bet that ends up in the courts and that they rule that the new non-AQ organization can't control scheduling contracts for schools similar to how they ruled that the NCAA couldn't monopolize tv contracts.

For #3 the top players would still look to get recruited by the AQ schools first.

For #4 I don't think the new organization would have any more luck controlling the tv contract than the NCAA did.
05-19-2012 04:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.