Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC/UL Game Thread
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
RE: UC/UL Game Thread
(02-24-2012 12:55 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  I'm beginning to feel confident, but I wouldn't mind an insurance win in Tampa one bit.

That is going to b a tough game for the Bearcats. USF's defense is no joke.
02-24-2012 08:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(02-23-2012 11:52 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  Pitino is blasting the officials on his post game show - more about their 'arrogance', although he questioned a lot of calls.

But calls were bad both ways in this game. Gates was mugged on several shots with no call. On Dixon's dunk he was clearly fouled too and it was not called. When Parker got hurt he was tackled/mugged by the UofL big guy.

evidence - Dixon's dunk

[Image: 409840.jpg]

Here's Pitino's post-game Q&A video where he talks about the refs: (Pretty fancy press conf digs at UC)

http://www.roundballchat.com/2012/02/ric...%E2%80%9D/

Above article also points out how many games these refs are working (similar to what NBA guys are going through this year), as maybe more games doesn't mean better officiating:

3 ref's recent schedule
Kersey: 6 games in 6 days (18th Mar. at Vir.) ((19th SF at Pitt ) (20th Fairfield at Marist) (21th Xavier at Mass ) (22th WVU at ND) (23rd UL at Cinci)

Luckie: 5 games (AND TRAVEL) in 6 days (18th Dayton at Xavier) (19th Duke at BC) (21th Clem at GT) (22th Ole Miss at Tenn) (23rd UL at Cinci)

Corbin: 3 games (AND TRAVEL) in 3 days (21th UNC at NCSU ) (22nd Rut at Marq) (23rd UL at Cinci)
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2012 09:07 AM by KnightLight.)
02-24-2012 08:51 AM
CD11 Offline
I won.

I Root For: Myself
I think we need two more wins before selection sunday. Win two of the three reg season games and the BET probably won't matter. Win one, and then win one at MSG, and we're hopefully set.

Or just win like 7 in a row and don't even let the committee decide. That would be fine too.
02-24-2012 08:51 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(02-24-2012 08:22 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(02-24-2012 12:55 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  I'm beginning to feel confident, but I wouldn't mind an insurance win in Tampa one bit.

That is going to b a tough game for the Bearcats. USF's defense is no joke.

Yep. I expect it to be exactly like last night. I'm glad there is 60 hrs rest instead of 36.
02-24-2012 01:20 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
It's tough to tell in person but it seemed like a miserably officiated game. I thought we had a little bit of the short end of the stick but most fans usually do. It seemed like Siva got the Kemba Walker 4 step treatment from the refs.
02-24-2012 01:46 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
(02-24-2012 01:46 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  It's tough to tell in person but it seemed like a miserably officiated game. I thought we had a little bit of the short end of the stick but most fans usually do. It seemed like Siva got the Kemba Walker 4 step treatment from the refs.

Yes - if you read the UofL boards (and Pitino's comments) - they think they were the team getting all the bad calls.
02-24-2012 02:05 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
(02-24-2012 02:05 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  
(02-24-2012 01:46 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  It's tough to tell in person but it seemed like a miserably officiated game. I thought we had a little bit of the short end of the stick but most fans usually do. It seemed like Siva got the Kemba Walker 4 step treatment from the refs.

Yes - if you read the UofL boards (and Pitino's comments) - they think they were the team getting all the bad calls.

There were certainly plenty of bad calls in both directions.
02-24-2012 02:21 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Worst officiated game I have seen all year. The one guy was in over his head. Surprised one or both benches didn't get a technical since the refs were spending timeouts jawing with Pitino and Cronin. The one clown was calling b.s. fouls agains UC from 30 feet away behind plays when the ref that was standing 5 feet away had the call and got it right.

UL got some bad calls as well, but if the game wasn't called the way it was in the second half, UC wins that one going away.
02-26-2012 09:52 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(02-26-2012 09:52 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Worst officiated game I have seen all year. The one guy was in over his head. Surprised one or both benches didn't get a technical since the refs were spending timeouts jawing with Pitino and Cronin. The one clown was calling b.s. fouls agains UC from 30 feet away behind plays when the ref that was standing 5 feet away had the call and got it right.

UL got some bad calls as well, but if the game wasn't called the way it was in the second half, UC wins that one going away.

As far as I'm concerned, it was the worst officiated game that I have ever seen. Both sides got screwed with a bunch of no calls.
02-26-2012 08:23 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I can think of several other games that are candidates for the worst officiated game. IMO the refs are worked so hard during the season that their ability degrades over time...

Of course, some officials ability degraded long before they got the job. But that's another matter...
02-27-2012 09:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.