Connor Barwin
Bookmark and Share
SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

I Root For: Binturongs

Donators
Connor Barwin
Barwin Continues His Sack Surge

From Elias: Connor Barwin recorded four sacks in the Texans' 20-13 win at Jacksonville. Barwin has posted 6.5 sacks in three games this month, the same total he accumulated in his previous 25 NFL games since 2009. That's the second-highest monthly total in team history, behind Mario Williams's 8.0 sacks in December 2007.

News: Barwin led the Texans with 10 tackles (seven solo) and had four sacks in Sunday's win over Jacksonville. (Sun Nov 27)

Spin: Barwin has at least one sack in each of the last three games and is up to 8.5 for the season. He and Brooks Reed are turning into a promising tandem on the outside for Houston.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12449/connor-barwin

11-28-2011 10:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatBeta Offline
All American

I Root For: $ in my mailbox
RE: Connor Barwin
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Plenty of questions were being asked Sunday, and Shaun Cody was concerned. In the visiting locker room, he had plenty of answers, but it quickly became clear that the Texans nose tackle was worried that too much attention might be to the team’s detriment, but then again, it’s hard to tell with the ever-congenial Cody.

“You guys are doing the wrong thing right now,” the nose tackle said. “All of this Connor Barwin praise…”

He tailed off, shaking his head.

Told that it was a no-brainer to seek reaction on Barwin’s four-sack afternoon, which broke the franchise record of 3.5 set by Mario Williams, Cody playfully seized upon the wrong portion of the information.

“More than the great Mario Williams?” he bellowed, in jest. “Mario is sick right now, huh?”

In the next locker, defensive end Antonio Smith, who has served almost as a pass-rushing mentor to Barwin, was contributing to all of the hype, talking up his pupil. The outside linebacker is finally healthy – he missed almost all of 2010 with a gruesomely dislocated ankle – and it’s becoming obvious why Gary Kubiak said during training camp he felt Barwin was headed for a breakthrough season.

“That’s my dog!” Smith said. “He worked hard off the injury, and that’s a long time to wait to get back in the game – and he’s unleashing this year. That’s the bottom line – he gets better and better every week.

“After another week like this, he’s going to be leading the AFC in sacks, you know?”

His 8.5 will certainly be near the top, which by definition, would suggest that he’s one of the conference’s elite pass rushers. If so, he’s far too modest – he was embarrassed by all of the grief doled out by Cody while trying to divvy up the postgame credit/attention.

“You never think you’re going to get four sacks, but they come in bunches,” said Barwin, who added it was likely his best game in the NFL but he “had some pretty good games in college.”

He has now recorded a sack in three consecutive games. And it wasn’t just his pass rush, either – Barwin also finished with a career-best 10 tackles.
“Connor was a beast,” safety Danieal Manning said. “You can look at him, go back to past games and see he was progressing to this. He kept getting better. And now, his thing is we have to keep him at that level.

“I know Connor – since he tastes blood, he’s going to want to continue to play at that level.”

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/201...sack-game/
jeffrey.martin@chron.com

11-28-2011 11:23 AM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
Favorite Bearcat of all-time. No contest.

11-28-2011 11:37 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
Not a better Bearcat than Connor Barwin. Glad to see him doing so well. I'll tell you what former Bearcat defensive lineman have done some really good things in the NFL. Derek Wolfe is next in line.

11-28-2011 11:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Saw Connor walking the Michigan Mile in Chicago a year ago. Dude is an absolute monster that towers over everything. It was easy to pick him out in the crowd as he walked in my direction.

11-28-2011 11:40 AM
Advertisement

vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-28-2011 11:40 AM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  Saw Connor walking the Michigan Mile in Chicago a year ago. Dude is an absolute monster that towers over everything. It was easy to pick him out in the crowd as he walked in my direction.

It is called the Miracle Mile.

11-28-2011 05:41 PM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(11-28-2011 05:41 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  
(11-28-2011 11:40 AM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  Saw Connor walking the Michigan Mile in Chicago a year ago. Dude is an absolute monster that towers over everything. It was easy to pick him out in the crowd as he walked in my direction.

It is called the Miracle Mile.

Actually called the Magnificent Mile. We both got it wrong.

11-28-2011 07:10 PM
BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Rounding Third and headed...
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Da Bearcats!
......and I loved him playing b-ball too. Never forget his pick at halfcourt that flattened the opposing player, but drew a foul call. Dude hit a brick wall and hit the floor. I'm sure Connor is built like a brickhouse.

11-28-2011 09:40 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
my greatest memory of Barwin was him checking Greg Oden, god I hate tO$U.

11-28-2011 10:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.