Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The movie thread
BucFyre Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
RE: The movie thread
Skyfall was great. I really loved it and getting a glimpse into some of the Bond lore.
07-11-2013 06:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
watched the descendants. enjoyed the film for the most part. liked the story, but had some convenient not drawn out moments, especially the end. and the slacker surfer stereotype kid that's george clooney's daughter's boyfriend was a huge letdown. almost ruined the movie completely
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2013 08:46 AM by Lush.)
07-11-2013 08:41 AM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(07-11-2013 08:41 AM)Lush Wrote:  watched the descendants. enjoyed the film for the most part. liked the story, but had some convenient not drawn out moments, especially the end. and the slacker surfer stereotype kid that's george clooney's daughter's boyfriend was a huge letdown. almost ruined the movie completely

Never saw it, but I believe Nat Faxon and Jim Rash wrote it. Perfect segue to talking about the movie I saw the other day: The Way Way Back. It was also written by Faxon and Rash and was cute, funny and had a great un-hollywood-like message. I would recommend it to every single one of you. The acting was great, Sam Rockwell was freakin awesome and hilarious. You won't be disappointed
07-17-2013 02:29 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(07-17-2013 02:29 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 08:41 AM)Lush Wrote:  watched the descendants. enjoyed the film for the most part. liked the story, but had some convenient not drawn out moments, especially the end. and the slacker surfer stereotype kid that's george clooney's daughter's boyfriend was a huge letdown. almost ruined the movie completely

Never saw it, but I believe Nat Faxon and Jim Rash wrote it. Perfect segue to talking about the movie I saw the other day: The Way Way Back. It was also written by Faxon and Rash and was cute, funny and had a great un-hollywood-like message. I would recommend it to every single one of you. The acting was great, Sam Rockwell was freakin awesome and hilarious. You won't be disappointed

i do want to see it. sam rockwell is my favorite actor.
07-17-2013 03:08 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(07-17-2013 03:08 PM)Lush Wrote:  
(07-17-2013 02:29 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  

i do want to see it. sam rockwell is my favorite actor.

well then no doubt you'll love it
07-18-2013 12:06 AM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
I'm really late to the party on this thread, but have you guys already discussed Cloud Atlas (2012)?
07-19-2013 10:17 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Pirates of the Caribbean / BR
--Great movie IMO

Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest / BR
--While the love story kind of mucked it up, I liked Cutler Beckit and Davey Jones characters.

The Man With the Golden Gun / dvd
--Not one of my faves even though I do like aspects of it.

Lionheart / NF Stream
--One of my favorite Jean Claude VanDame movies of all time. I wish it had a 16:9 BR release as I would buy it in a heart beat, I would have had the dvd but it was only in 4:3.

Miami Vice S1 / NF Stream
--Saw they offered it and have watched up through E6. I never knew Tubbs drove all the way down from NY in the scenario they offfered up to meat up with Crocket. I thought they were partners from the outset. *Kind of interesting to see they that was the dad from Married with Children in a earlier role as a undercover cop on the edge of changing side or that Jimmy Smits cameo.

Knight Rider S1 / NF Stream
--Mid way through S1. Loved this show back in the day.

Tron Uprising S1 / NF Stream
--Cool show still, about midway through.

The Avengers / BR
--Near about the perfect mix of comedy and action in a super hero movie.

Shaft In Africa / dvd
--Actually, a pretty cool tale of how Shaft gets into busting a "slavery ring" that runs from US to Africa to Paris. Richard Roundtree is the man.

The Hobbit / dvd
--A solid entry in the LotR series but its almost too long for me to watch without falling asleep. Glad they kept the cast the same for the same characters.
07-20-2013 07:19 PM
BucFyre Offline
1st String

Just watched The Avengers last night. Really good ensemble cast and I thought Ruffalo was a good fit for the Hulk even though I loved Norton's performance in the stand-alone film. I will say as a woman, it's a little hard to focus when there is so much hotness on the screen but very enjoyable nonetheless. I am looking forward to seeing Iron Man 3 and Captain America soon.
07-23-2013 08:14 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(07-23-2013 08:14 AM)BucFyre Wrote:  Just watched The Avengers last night. Really good ensemble cast and I thought Ruffalo was a good fit for the Hulk even though I loved Norton's performance in the stand-alone film. I will say as a woman, it's a little hard to focus when there is so much hotness on the screen but very enjoyable nonetheless. I am looking forward to seeing Iron Man 3 and Captain America soon.

Iron Man 3, IMO was sub par to 1 and 2. And the Extremis virus played out a different way in a Animated series I had seen prior to the movie that I liked more than how the movie did it.
07-23-2013 10:36 AM
BucFyre Offline
1st String

I'm not much into Comic Books or animated series so most of that will probably fly over my head. My husband is working on fine-tuning my inner-geek.
07-23-2013 10:44 AM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
I just watched The Bourne Legacy last night. I have to say I was surprised. It isn't a great movie but it was a good one. It isn't constant action and has some half-way decent characterization and the writing wasn't bad.

The action that there was kicked ass but I was rather disappointed with the ending.

Overall I give it a rough 7 out of 10. I think it was actually my second favorite Bourne movie next to the first. I want to give it a worse score because that ending sucked.
07-23-2013 08:10 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(07-23-2013 08:10 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  I just watched The Bourne Legacy last night. I have to say I was surprised. It isn't a great movie but it was a good one. It isn't constant action and has some half-way decent characterization and the writing wasn't bad.

The action that there was kicked ass but I was rather disappointed with the ending.

Overall I give it a rough 7 out of 10. I think it was actually my second favorite Bourne movie next to the first. I want to give it a worse score because that ending sucked.

I loved all 3 Damon Bourne movies. Probably some of the best action dramas to come out in the last 20 years. That said, The Bourne Legacy, while maintaining the action kind of let me down as a "Bourne"-series installment. I can buy the "super soldier" aspect and them doing other types of the experiments. I can buy that the whole organization went into panic/CYA mode once Bourne came to light. That said, the way the movie spliced in stuff from earlier ones along with odd flashbacks to other characters that it hurt more than helped the movie.
07-23-2013 10:00 PM
BucFyre Offline
1st String

I struggled with The Bourne Legacy. There were a few moments that I felt like laughing that I think were supposed to be serious. I don't ever recall that in the original Bourne films. Am I the only one?
07-24-2013 09:44 AM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

(07-24-2013 09:44 AM)BucFyre Wrote:  I struggled with The Bourne Legacy. There were a few moments that I felt like laughing that I think were supposed to be serious. I don't ever recall that in the original Bourne films. Am I the only one?

Which parts?
07-24-2013 10:57 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
We watched "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" last night.

It was good for a few laughs. It wasn't anything over the top or a plot line too hard to follow. Just a goofy comedy. Out of 5 stars, I'd give it 2 and a quarter.

Next on our list is Lincoln and Magnolia. (We just went full blown Netflix and we're watching movies we've never seen and introducting each other to our favorite movies we don't own).
07-24-2013 11:24 AM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

(07-24-2013 11:24 AM)gdunn Wrote:  We watched "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" last night.

It was good for a few laughs. It wasn't anything over the top or a plot line too hard to follow. Just a goofy comedy. Out of 5 stars, I'd give it 2 and a quarter.

Next on our list is Lincoln and Magnolia. (We just went full blown Netflix and we're watching movies we've never seen and introducting each other to our favorite movies we don't own).

Lincoln was a good movie but I made the mistake of seeing it in the theatre. That was a long 500 hours.
07-24-2013 11:27 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
We figured it'd be a long one, so Friday evening we're cooking appetizers, buying beer and will strap in for this ride.
07-24-2013 11:32 AM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

(07-24-2013 11:32 AM)gdunn Wrote:  We figured it'd be a long one, so Friday evening we're cooking appetizers, buying beer and will strap in for this ride.

Did you watch Lincoln?

I watched the Evil Dead a couple of nights ago.

I was thoroughly unimpressed.
07-30-2013 06:52 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(07-24-2013 11:24 AM)gdunn Wrote:  We watched "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" last night.

Pretty much my assessment too. Not bad, but nothing great. I think Jim Carrey stole some scenes.

Caught "Silver Linings" a few weeks ago and found it better than I expected. Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro were both pretty good in it.
07-31-2013 01:46 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(07-30-2013 06:52 PM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  
(07-24-2013 11:32 AM)gdunn Wrote:  We figured it'd be a long one, so Friday evening we're cooking appetizers, buying beer and will strap in for this ride.

Did you watch Lincoln?

I watched the Evil Dead a couple of nights ago.

I was thoroughly unimpressed.

I watched it.. I was impressed with DDL's acting as always.. I didn't realize Tommy Lee Jones was in it, and of course he performed. It was good. I wouldn't watch it once a week though. Holy cow that movie was long.

I got both Evil Deads in the queue.

Silver Linings was good in the sense that the characters played by both Cooper and Lawrence (who by the way I think is very hot), my wife has a friend that acts like both of them. We were like holy sh*t she does that and that, that's so her.
07-31-2013 01:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.