Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The movie thread
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: The movie thread
The Green Hornet /dvd
--Not bad actually... it was missing "the thing" to get me to buy it but the on screen chemistry between Kato and Green Hornet was great... and the gadgets were top notch.

GI Joe: Rise of Cobra / dvd
--I did like the movie but I do wish they had had more Joes in it. Hopefully #2 will be as good or better.

Chronicles of Narnia:Dawn Treader / br
--Liked it...wanted more though

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian / br
--Best of the three out now IMO.
08-01-2012 11:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(07-19-2012 04:03 PM)Blazer4Life14 Wrote:  I watched Mystery Men for the first time the other day. I thought it was pretty good, and was fairly surprised I hadn't heard of it until then, considering I've heard of other Stiller movies from the time (Zoolander, Meet The Parents, etc). Certainly not his best work, but it was decent and had a few good laughs in it.

It wasn't Stiller solo, the rest of the cast really left their mark too. But that's not a negative. I always liked it, I think it's a very good movie.
08-02-2012 12:51 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
If Mystery Men depended on Stiller's acting to make it a good movie, they'd have been up the creek...
08-02-2012 01:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

new Total Recall.

no spoilers but I do like it but my final thoughts are mixed in regards to arguing/debating Total Recall/Arnold vs Total Recall/Collin.

Don't worry though, the acting and action are both solid in the new one.
08-04-2012 10:29 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
the intouchables. overall this was a solid film. could have been great imo. the humor surprised me. felt like it was missing something, but i couldn't put a finger on it. i'm terrible at reviewing anything so i went over to rotten tomatoes and read some reviews. and yes, there was the something i felt was missing. some of the scenes could have been longer and more drawn out. i wouldn't have minded, and even wanted, if the movie was another hour longer. even at like two hours, it seems like they rushed through it. with that said, it's worth the price of admission. i mean, the trailer, how could you resist?

08-06-2012 10:31 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(08-02-2012 12:51 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(07-19-2012 04:03 PM)Blazer4Life14 Wrote:  I watched Mystery Men for the first time the other day. I thought it was pretty good, and was fairly surprised I hadn't heard of it until then, considering I've heard of other Stiller movies from the time (Zoolander, Meet The Parents, etc). Certainly not his best work, but it was decent and had a few good laughs in it.

It wasn't Stiller solo, the rest of the cast really left their mark too. But that's not a negative. I always liked it, I think it's a very good movie.

A very quotable movie.

"They said he came home drunk one night, fell down an elevator shaft, and landed on a bunch of bullets." 03-lol
08-06-2012 02:47 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Quantum of Solace/ dvd
--pretty good Bond... liked the level of depth of conspiracy..but it still felt short and like needed something more.

All three Bourne Films /dvd
--Still love all three.

The Bourne Legacy / Theater
--trying not to give spoilers but I did feel like they could have done much more with the premise listed of moving higher up the food chain in terms of programs "The Treadstone" team was involved with. Action was solid and so was Renner in being a bad ass.

Black Panther series/ NF Stream
--FINISHED The animated Black Panther series on Net Flix. Pretty solid cartoon in a very different visual style than most. Good voice casting and plots...wished the episodes weren't the 10-15m variety though. With the quality I saw I was surprised it didn't have more than one season.
08-10-2012 10:28 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Red Dawn 2012 Trailer

Looks like it might not be half bad.

08-13-2012 01:15 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Back to the Future I, II, and III / BR

WOW, print of each movie is excellent. I like the first and third. The second was kind of weak sans hoverboard. I think they made it over complicated in terms of plotline.
08-15-2012 10:34 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(08-02-2012 12:51 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  

If it weren't for William Macy, that movie wouldn't have been as much fun as it would have been..

Him keeping a perfectly straight face during the egg salad sandwich scene... PRICELESS!!!
08-16-2012 07:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I love watching William H. Macy, Da. He's a riot...
08-16-2012 08:31 AM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I've been on a Swedish movie bender. I've been learning the language:

All of the movies from the Millennium series (girl with the dragon tattoo): NF Stream
Really good series. Subtitles are a tad off but they get the gist. I love movies where business dealings/government bureaucracies start to form intricate webs en route to solving a crime a la The Wire.

Let the Right One In (also Swedish): NF Stream
It's an excellent movie and has been remade as Let Me In. It's a vampire movie without a lot of vampire stuff in it I guess.

The Heir: Largo Winch (Belgian with dialogue in French and English): NF Stream
Another business/bureaucratic thriller. Almost James Bondish in theme. I used to read the comic when it was published in French.
08-17-2012 08:44 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(08-17-2012 08:44 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  I've been on a Swedish movie bender. I've been learning the language:

All of the movies from the Millennium series (girl with the dragon tattoo): NF Stream
Really good series. Subtitles are a tad off but they get the gist. I love movies where business dealings/government bureaucracies start to form intricate webs en route to solving a crime a la The Wire.

Let the Right One In (also Swedish): NF Stream
It's an excellent movie and has been remade as Let Me In. It's a vampire movie without a lot of vampire stuff in it I guess.

The Heir: Largo Winch (Belgian with dialogue in French and English): NF Stream
Another business/bureaucratic thriller. Almost James Bondish in theme. I used to read the comic when it was published in French.

I watched that Girl With the Dragon Tattoo version via Net Flix... very solid 6 parter no doubt.

Expendables 2..... 04-jawdrop04-rock04-rock04-rock
08-17-2012 09:36 PM
BEARCATDALE Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Just saw Moonrise Kingdom with the dear wife. Admittedly it is quirky and not your mainstream type movie but is it is engaging and funny at times. Bill Murray has some great scenes and lines. It's not the your typical fair but that is why we went to see it. Something different.
08-17-2012 11:47 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I finally got around to watching Cowboys and Aliens last night. I liked it. I thought it would be kind of cheesy, like most sci-fi movies. But it was very well done...
08-18-2012 08:06 AM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
Did anyone see this when it came out? It looks kind of awesome in an incredibly bad way. I mean, how can you go wrong with Nazis invading from the moon?

http://ironsky.net/
08-18-2012 10:59 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

There's the question of how Nazis got to the moon in the first place. Rocketry was in it's infancy, and a German rocket's range during the war was limited to Great Britain. They didn't have the lift capacity to reach LEO (low Earth orbit), much less an escape trajectory (lunar). Also, creating an environment in space was beyond the technological capabilities of the Germans, much less anyone else at that time. How would the Germans be able to survive long enough to create an environment in which they could live in space, much less grow strong enough to battle Earth?

Of course, I'm probably the only person who'll take the time to think about the logistics behind the concept...
08-18-2012 11:27 AM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Navy, ASU

Folding@NCAAbbs
(08-18-2012 10:59 AM)jh Wrote:  Did anyone see this when it came out? It looks kind of awesome in an incredibly bad way. I mean, how can you go wrong with Nazis invading from the moon?

http://ironsky.net/

I actually do want to see this. This looks like a silly good time.

(08-18-2012 11:27 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  There's the question of how Nazis got to the moon in the first place. Rocketry was in it's infancy, and a German rocket's range during the war was limited to Great Britain. They didn't have the lift capacity to reach LEO (low Earth orbit), much less an escape trajectory (lunar). Also, creating an environment in space was beyond the technological capabilities of the Germans, much less anyone else at that time. How would the Germans be able to survive long enough to create an environment in which they could live in space, much less grow strong enough to battle Earth?

Of course, I'm probably the only person who'll take the time to think about the logistics behind the concept...

Probably not, but it's cool.
08-18-2012 02:17 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Anybody seen RockNRolla?
08-19-2012 12:19 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Minority Report/ BR
--I like the movie a lot...good plot and acting... cool plot twist. But, the BR print versus the dvd print of the movie.... in some areas it stands out, in others there is a lot of digital noise in the movie.
08-21-2012 09:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.