Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The movie thread
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: The movie thread
(03-12-2012 09:50 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Good grief, that's a great movie!

Late news is so fascinating.

IN all seriousness though, they did a great job with it. Wonder if htey will apply the goodness to the pre/sequells of the franchise.
03-12-2012 10:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Navy, ASU

Folding@NCAAbbs
Well, if they keep things simple like they did with this one, then we're in for a spectacular series.
03-13-2012 05:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

King Arthur/dvd
--pretty gritty movie in regards to the normal King Arthur stories.

Archer S1 / NF Stream
--I had seen commercials for the show and even seen a few parts of episodes here and there but I finally watched some stuff from the beginning on Net Flix. Pretty good.
03-14-2012 10:22 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(03-13-2012 05:36 AM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  Well, if they keep things simple like they did with this one, then we're in for a spectacular series.

Did this movie actually match up to any of the originals?

I didn't think Mark Wahlberg's reboot in the early 2000s ( or was it late 90s) was THAT BAD. Granted, I didn't think it was as solid as this one.
03-14-2012 10:26 AM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
I never saw the originals, but I did see where they had lots of tie-ins to it. The one that sticks out the most is the one where the astronauts are shown climbing around the shuttle; I think that came from one of the originals.
03-14-2012 11:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
drive amazing! what a great film. so violent. if you're a fan of unorthodox weapons, this is the film for you! the score was incredible too. how the hell this wasn't subjected to a larger audience, i'll never know. maybe the incredible amount of violence.

because we watched drive, it was my girlfriend's turn to pick. she settled on my week with marliyn. even though i thought it would be good, it's never the type of film i'd see on my own. kinda like the help and the king's speech, two movies she drug me too which were ultimately rewarding. this was the same. very surprised at how much i enjoyed it. even though i have no idea how marilyn acted or how her off the screen persona was, i thought michelle williams did a wonderful job.
03-14-2012 04:46 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

American Pie, ... 2, ... Wedding / dvd
---I liked the series but I think Stiffler, while funny, wore thin by movie #3. I'd probably rank them 2 >1>3. I will probably see Reunion. The post main trilogy direct to dvd movies were pretty much B movies...

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo(new) / BR
--Great movie. Still want to watch this and the original close to being back to back as a lot of cinematography, reveals, scenes, and and what not happen eerily the same even though both choose to expound on certain parts the other didn't. Not sure why they decided to do a 2nd BR disc for the special features. The documentary on Rooney Mara was pretty solid. Haven't done the director's audio commentary yet.

Archer S2 / NF Stream
--This show is pretty damn solid and I love it. Reminds of a cross between James Bond and Harvey Birdman.

Blitz / NF Stream
--Pretty good "British" movie from my man Jason Statham. He plays a rouge cop who, with the aid of the NEW GAY Police Cheif of his department end up forming a business relation ship to take down a serial killer of the policemen that had busted him in the past. Odly, the movie is pretty martial arts free for a Statham flick.

Game of Death / NF Stream
--NOT the Bruce Lee one... this has a lot of talent in it though.... Wesley Snipes, Zoe Bell, _____ ( guy who played Sanchez in License to Kill), and a few others. Pretty decent for what it was.
03-22-2012 09:46 PM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
Watched The Hunger Games. Very good flick.
03-24-2012 09:00 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(03-24-2012 09:00 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  Watched The Hunger Games. Very good flick.

Saw it tonight as well.

Good....but man have I got a lot of issues with some stuff. Not sure if the books would cover what I'm wanting to ask about.
03-24-2012 10:12 PM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-24-2012 10:12 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(03-24-2012 09:00 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  Watched The Hunger Games. Very good flick.

Saw it tonight as well.

Good....but man have I got a lot of issues with some stuff. Not sure if the books would cover what I'm wanting to ask about.

Probably. Shoot me a PM; I've read all three, and can answer pretty much any questions you may have.
03-25-2012 09:14 AM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(03-25-2012 09:14 AM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  

Saw it tonight as well.

Probably. Shoot me a PM; I've read all three, and can answer pretty much any questions you may have.

oh that's cute. how were the twilight books?
03-25-2012 11:00 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo "Trilogy" (Dutch) / NF Stream
--Decided to watch the 6 part trilogy on Net Flix. Basically, The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo is 1/3 of a trilogy involving the characters. The trilogy here is basically The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and splitting that one up into 2 1.5 hour movies with more details in spots than the Dutch Movie put together from the same scenes. Then it goes into The Girl Who Plays With Fire (?) into episodes 3 and 4. 5 and 6 will be the last movie.

--Got Halfway through "Fire".... interesting stuff.

Airplane! / dvd
--Great comedy!
03-25-2012 11:38 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(03-25-2012 09:14 AM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  

Saw it tonight as well.

Yeah...ok.
03-25-2012 11:39 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

If you have Net Flix, go to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and select the one where it is 6 parts. Basically, TGwtDT, The Girl Who Plays With Fire, and the The Girl who Stirred the Hornets Nest are all done as two part movies. Roughly 90-95 minutes each. Great trilogy IMO. Really dark and sinister stuff in these. Hornets Nest gets into some deep sh**. I hope they can still do the rest with the "English" cast because the Sweedish cast in these is pretty solid and while the movies are not dubbed the subtitles are easy to read and follow. I'd liken the "how deep the rabbit hole goes" to the The Bourne Supremacy/Ultimatum.

About the only beef I have is with the investigation into such a prominent Swedish family that is built on an industrial empire fortune why they didn't have more tie ins in 2 and 3.

FWIW, the guy called Plague reminded me of Kevin Smith's character from Live Free or Die Hard (aka Die hard 4).
03-27-2012 06:14 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Finished South Park S15.

There was about 1 disc worth of strong episodes but most of the rest of them weren't that great. I think the quality is finally starting to decline because they aren't putting their "heart" into it anymore and probably working on other endeavors harder.
03-31-2012 09:37 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Puss N Boots / BR
--Pretty good for a story only about him so to speak. Only drawbacks to me were his cat cartwheel jumps all the time and the creepiness of Humpty Dumpty.

Constantine / BR
--Thought it was pretty solid in that good/evil angel/devil spiritual/real world kind of dynamic. BUT, Keanu still had that "whoa" vibe in it.

Alexander (Directors Cut) / BR
--This version toned down most of the gayness from the original as I remembered it having. Not that it is a bad movie but at a DC length of 213 minutes it is a bit much to watch and the editing in of flash backs with the "X" years back "X" years forward got kind of annoying.

Spiderman 1-3 / dvd
1 was pretty solid.... just didn't have memories of Green Goblin being a guy in a green armored suit.

2 was probably the best of the three.

3 I think suffered the bring in to many characters to have origins for in one movie syndrome some of the later Batman movies had. Emo Peter Parker was funny as hell though.

Passion of the Christ / dvd
--Pretty powerful movie... for the willingness to show all the torture he went through to do what he did.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 10:17 AM by PirateTreasureNC.)
04-10-2012 10:14 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

A Nightmare on Elm Street / BR (new)
--Pretty good redux of the material of the original. I didn't even know till I watched the special features of the BR that Freddy was played by the guy that did Rorschach from Watchmen. At that moment, I felt that was a great choice. I like how his Freddy is AS menacing yet darker... with that comedic timing. I think the casting has merits to keep on in a new line of movies in the series.

Friday The Thirteenth / BR (new)
--Yeah, it delivered that Ft13 fix of Jason kills but the casting/acting.... while the acting wasn't always a strong point of the movies.... felt just kind of annoying. The rich kid that you couldn't touch any of his stuff should have been one of the first ones killed. Token Black guy. Asian Drunk? I did like all the subtle homages to points and kills in all of the movies up to that point.

Scream 4 / BR
--Thought it was good follow up. Pretty decent who done it with a interesting choice as the killer. I liked the keeping up with the film lore of 4th movies and reboots in series. I think if I ranked the series now I would go 1>4>3>2. Granted, I thought the plot line of 3 was a little more contrived I liked the depth of it. 2 was a little over the top at the end IMO.

American Reunion / Theater
--Solid follow up to the "original three." I loved Stiffler getting that epic piece of revenge. I also liked the allusion to how things change in 10 years from High School. I will say some of the "original" cast not being shown till the end reunion felt kind of tacky use of "original cast" of the marketing.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2012 08:26 PM by PirateTreasureNC.)
04-15-2012 08:18 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(04-15-2012 08:18 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  American Reunion / Theater
--Solid follow up to the "original three." I loved Stiffler getting that epic piece of revenge. I also liked the allusion to how things change in 10 years from High School. I will say some of the "original" cast not being shown till the end reunion felt kind of tacky use of "original cast" of the marketing.

I was really pleased with this. Saw it yesterday and thought it was at the same level as the other 3. If you're a fan of the franchise, you'll like this one
04-16-2012 10:32 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Nutty Professor/ dvd
--Eddie Murphy was off da chain in this one. Too bad the sequel sucked a FAT one.

Lockout / Theater
--Not bad on the base sci-fi prison break out /political intrigue angle but it left a lot unexplained on some plot points.
04-17-2012 09:23 PM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
Watched Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol Tuesday night. That was a fun flick.
04-19-2012 07:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.