Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The movie thread
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: The movie thread
You need to watch the original - Tron...
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 09:45 AM by bitcruncher.)
02-08-2012 09:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Navy, ASU

Folding@NCAAbbs
If it's on Amazon, I'll stream it.
02-08-2012 03:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
A listing and commentary on films coming in 2012, done in 10 volumes but I have linked to the first one:
http://www.darkhorizons.com/features/160...volume-one

Basic Instinct 2 / NF Stream
--While Sharon Stone/ Catherine Tremelle is still that devious murder, sex, and violence addict the movie doesn't work like the original. Basically, this one revolves around her killing someone and using the doctor/patient privilege angle with here psychiatrist to "get out of it." The psychiatrist has his one doctor/patient issues himself that kind of have him on the edge. I'll put it like this, BI2 IS NOT BI. If you are expecting the quality and "originality" of that move this one is not for you. I would not consider it a "good" sequel. However, if you like the ideas that happened in BI like would I enact a scene from my book.... kind of stuff.... and have it played out in the realm of shrinks then the plot and character angles are very interesting. After watching it for the second time in a long time( I think I rented the dvd around the time it hit the rental market the first time) I noticed that one of the professionals in the move was the same English actress that played in a movie I would recommend which is called Swimming Pool.

Basic Instinct / dvd
I love this movie. It literally has everything... sex, violence, murder..... solid plot and acting from all the characters.... In the end you could argue for whomever you want as the real killer of "Boz."

Star Wars Ep 1 and 2 / BR
.... you know the deal....
02-13-2012 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(02-08-2012 03:26 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  If it's on Amazon, I'll stream it.

Seen it yet?

I got to say that I remember when Tron hit in the early 80s and it got ridiculed to no end. Then, when dvds came into being and they cleaned up the video of the movie I decided to buy the 2 Disc SE DVD of the movie. I was pretty impressed with it actually. Only the MCP at the end was kind of wack but all the other CGI was pretty good for the time. I also have to say that the interpretation of wondering around inside a computer chip was done pretty well considering how they wanted to do the effects. I thought the story was kind of cool too they way Flynn wants to get his credit for the gaming empire a cheater took away from him.

Tron Legacy was a good update and extension of the first films story.
02-13-2012 10:48 PM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
(02-13-2012 10:48 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 03:26 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  If it's on Amazon, I'll stream it.

Seen it yet?

I got to say that I remember when Tron hit in the early 80s and it got ridiculed to no end. Then, when dvds came into being and they cleaned up the video of the movie I decided to buy the 2 Disc SE DVD of the movie. I was pretty impressed with it actually. Only the MCP at the end was kind of wack but all the other CGI was pretty good for the time. I also have to say that the interpretation of wondering around inside a computer chip was done pretty well considering how they wanted to do the effects. I thought the story was kind of cool too they way Flynn wants to get his credit for the gaming empire a cheater took away from him.

Tron Legacy was a good update and extension of the first films story.

Still haven't seen it yet. I've been too busy to even look for it. I'll try to find it and check it out sometime this week.
02-14-2012 09:23 AM
HoustonCougarNation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cougars, Frogs
Here is a classic movie for you all to look into!!!

02-14-2012 03:34 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
now, my girlfriend hates danny mcbride. i love him. so i suggested we watch 30 minutes or less. she hated it. i mean it is far fetched, so i can forgive plot holes. a little more intense than what i would have thought. i recommend if you have nothing better to watch. a few laughs.
02-15-2012 05:20 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

The wife isn't too crazy about my favorite movie either, Lush. It happens...
02-16-2012 10:25 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(02-16-2012 10:25 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  The wife isn't too crazy about my favorite movie either, Lush. It happens...

yeah, our tastes in movies are completely different. she can only watch movies with happy endings. so i often tell her that i'm not sure how this particular film ends, even if i do.
02-16-2012 04:11 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Mine likes mysteries and reality shows, which I find boring. But at least she likes to watch sports with me...
02-16-2012 06:15 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Death Race 2 / NF Stream
-- While not bad overall, and with a decent cast... the lack of putting in the racing till much later and playing it as the hand to hand combat first kind of makes it inferior to the ORIGINAL and the Jason Statham remake.

Shinobi: Heart and Blade / NF Stream
--Pretty cool Ninja movie. Brought up Hattori Hanzo as a sword maker in the time the movie happened. Pretty decent martial arts action. Kind of a Romeo and Juliet tale with Ninja clans going at it.

Terminator --- through Terminator Salvation.
--While I like the movies... the whole timeline deal is not right... if anyone wants to explain it then go ahead but.....

a set of events happens to where in the "future" the Machines/ Sky Net send a Terminator back in time to kill the leader of the Resistance. Ok...cool. But ... where I think it messes up is.... Michael Bein/Kyle Reese as "future Kyle Reese" should be a lot older when he comes back to the present to save Sarah Connor. And in the first one John Connor hasn't died yet so... would his travel back in time create ANOTHER John Connor?

Don't be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood / NF Stream
--This is not one of the better Wayans Brothers movies. It takes on Boyz N the Hood, Menace II Society, and Poetic Justice to varying degrees. Some of the humor is funny but it feels way to thrown together.

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark / NF Stream
--Not even sure why I decided to watch it but it had its moments. Low Budget USA UP ALL NIGHT kind of movie though LOL.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2012 11:13 PM by PirateTreasureNC.)
02-25-2012 11:10 PM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
I went to see Act of Valor today; it was decent. The acting was terrible, but it was nice to look at.
02-25-2012 11:20 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(02-16-2012 06:15 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Mine likes mysteries and reality shows, which I find boring. But at least she likes to watch sports with me...

ha! neither of us has televisions so i don't have to worry about that. she hates sports, but loves sports movies. so we watched moneyball the other day. loved it! the main actors (pitt, hill, and hoffman) were fantastic. also thought they did a good job with david justice and scott hattieburg's characters. great film

also watched ides of march. it was filmed in cincinnati (which is my home), so it was cool seeing the city in a movie. plus a part was filmed in my neighborhood. the cast is incredible; phillip seymour hoffman, paul giamatti, clooney, gosling are probably my favorite actors. the film was definitely good, nice little political intrigue before/during election season. it wasn't great though.
02-28-2012 05:54 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(02-28-2012 05:54 PM)Lush Wrote:  
(02-16-2012 06:15 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Mine likes mysteries and reality shows, which I find boring. But at least she likes to watch sports with me...
ha! neither of us has televisions so i don't have to worry about that. she hates sports, but loves sports movies. so we watched moneyball the other day. loved it! the main actors (pitt, hill, and hoffman) were fantastic. also thought they did a good job with david justice and scott hattieburg's characters. great film

also watched ides of march. it was filmed in cincinnati (which is my home), so it was cool seeing the city in a movie. plus a part was filmed in my neighborhood. the cast is incredible; phillip seymour hoffman, paul giamatti, clooney, gosling are probably my favorite actors. the film was definitely good, nice little political intrigue before/during election season. it wasn't great though.
Well, we avoid arguments here because both of us have our TVs. Although she rarely looks at the screen anymore. She's spent the last couple of years making herself a new wardrobe...

But if you ever get a chance to watch "Invasion of the Space Preachers", an independent film by Dan Boyd, do so. That was filmed outside St. Albans, WV (many firsts in my life happened within a mile of where it was filmed) and the wife was wardrobe coordinator. You get a brief glimpse of her as she is fearfully brought on stage to do the evil Space Preacher's makeup before one of his brain washing sessions. She hates being in front of a camera, and Dan said her face had that scared sh!tless look he wanted. They showed it once on USA up all night, with Gilbert Gottfried, and GG spent every intermission talking about how Christy Brinkley really wanted him...
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 09:17 AM by bitcruncher.)
02-29-2012 09:17 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Tango & Cash . NF Stream
--Watched it mainly because I hadn't seen it in forever AND NF is about to drop a lot of movies. Stallone and Russell have good on screen chemistry. They could have used a sequel IMO.

The Game / NF Stream
--One of my favorite thrillers. I would so buy this on BR when it comes out. Basically Michael Douglas plays a multimillionaire investment banker having a mid life crisis near his birthday and his estranged brother played by Sean Penn arranges a special birthday present. I'll leave it at that but its pretty elaborate.

Hard Target / dvd
--One of Van Damme's best movies involving him in a New Orleans based plot of guys who pay money to hunt people for fun.
02-29-2012 02:16 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(02-29-2012 09:17 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Well, we avoid arguments here because both of us have our TVs. Although she rarely looks at the screen anymore. She's spent the last couple of years making herself a new wardrobe...

But if you ever get a chance to watch "Invasion of the Space Preachers", an independent film by Dan Boyd, do so. That was filmed outside St. Albans, WV (many firsts in my life happened within a mile of where it was filmed) and the wife was wardrobe coordinator. You get a brief glimpse of her as she is fearfully brought on stage to do the evil Space Preacher's makeup before one of his brain washing sessions. She hates being in front of a camera, and Dan said her face had that scared sh!tless look he wanted. They showed it once on USA up all night, with Gilbert Gottfried, and GG spent every intermission talking about how Christy Brinkley really wanted him...

that's awesome! 04-cheers i can't guarantee i'll ever get around watching it. but speaking of movies where somebody by accident got a chance to be in a film, we watched the artist last night. i get the hype. this isn't obviously going to appeal to many, being silent and all, but it was wonderful. the lead actress was gorgeous. i could go on and on about it, but i mean it won a freaking oscar. james cromwell was awesome.
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 02:51 PM by Lush.)
02-29-2012 02:50 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Wolverine / BR
--I liked it. I thought the story of Logan/Wolverine and I thought Liev Schreiber's portrayal of Sabretooth was cool in how much of a "don't f* with me" kind of guy he was. While no X Men geek I thought all the parts were done pretty well.

The Forbidden Kingdom / BR
--Pretty good Jet Li and Jackie Chan team up. I do dislike the shrimpy white kid from Boston being in the movie...even though it is a fantasy of having Li and Chan in the same movie. Their fight against each other was good too.

Some more season 3 episodes of A Team/ NF Stream
--Loves me some A Team!

Maximum Risk / dvd
--I loved this Van Dame movie. He actually does a good job acting in it and the story/plot is quite good.
03-06-2012 10:04 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Kill Bill V1 and V2 / dvd
--Still say that overall, the movie was pretty solid. But as volumes 1 was all about epic bad ass action and 2 was more about philosophy.

Knight Rider / NF Strea / Season 1
--Ahhhh Night Rider...sickest Trans Am ever.

The Bank Job / dvd
--Great Jason Statham drama. About what people keep in their safe deposit boxes and what they will do to keep it a secret,

The One / NF Stream
--While not bad as a plot and a time traveling action movie go BUT...the blonde Jet Li, even is a few seconds of screen time, kills the entire movie LOL.
03-10-2012 10:47 PM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
I really liked The One. I ignored the blonde Jet Li, though; I had to do it because I knew it would destroy the movie for me.
03-11-2012 08:31 AM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Good grief, that's a great movie!
03-12-2012 09:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.