Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The movie thread
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: The movie thread
(05-22-2011 09:49 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  You jest, but it was originally supposed to be the Journal of a Mad Black Man; I changed my mind because I figured no one wanted to see another mad black man. Besides, I rarely get mad...I always ramble.

I absolutely hated what they did with Chow Yun Fat, Will and Elizabeth's story was utter twaddle speak, and it was like Johnny Depp was sleepwalking through that mind trip scene. Another thing I didn't really care for was the fact that you didn't really see Sparrow until about 45-50 minutes in. He's the main attraction, with Barbossa being a close second; the ambiguously androgynous duo were not.

That could have been a great movie series if they didn't try so damn hard to make a franchise out of it. If 2 and 3 would've been standalone movies, it would've been loads better.

Well, Jack was not in a majority of it because they had to do all this work to bring him "back to life."

Agree with last statement but it seemed like to me 1 was a self contained movie. Then it made a lot of money and they decided to make it a 'trilogy." And to do that they went the cost conscious route and filmed 2 and 3 together (sort of like Matrix 2 and 3). And in doing that they made 2 and 3 like one LONG movie instead of episodes to an end.
05-22-2011 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
katterbrill Offline
Banned

I Root For: Myself
Movies are liked by almost all the people, different people had a different choice regarding the movies, now a days there movies are of different types there are always a message or something to learn from the movie, almost all the people love movies as they are full of fun, entertainment and a way to spend time .
05-23-2011 12:25 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(05-23-2011 12:25 AM)katterbrill Wrote:  Movies are liked by almost all the people, different people had a different choice regarding the movies, now a days there movies are of different types there are always a message or something to learn from the movie, almost all the people love movies as they are full of fun, entertainment and a way to spend time .

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.
05-23-2011 02:14 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(05-23-2011 02:14 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(05-23-2011 12:25 AM)katterbrill Wrote:  Movies are liked by almost all the people, different people had a different choice regarding the movies, now a days there movies are of different types there are always a message or something to learn from the movie, almost all the people love movies as they are full of fun, entertainment and a way to spend time .

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

+1
05-25-2011 09:14 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
i watched the 5th element the other day. bad bad bad. i love how the romance between bruce willis and milla jovovich required no effort whatsoever from the writers, it was love at first sight i guess. let's see, oh and why did that priest try to kill that dude in the beginning? apparently the priests were good guys. and every time gary oldman got hold of the box with the stones, they weren't there! holy sh!t chris f*cking tucker. what a turd
05-25-2011 10:30 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(05-25-2011 10:30 AM)Lush Wrote:  i watched the 5th element the other day. bad bad bad. i love how the romance between bruce willis and milla jovovich required no effort whatsoever from the writers, it was love at first sight i guess. let's see, oh and why did that priest try to kill that dude in the beginning? apparently the priests were good guys. and every time gary oldman got hold of the box with the stones, they weren't there! holy sh!t chris f*cking tucker. what a turd
Not only does he not ever get the stones, but as soon as he disarms his bomb (with only 5 seconds to spare), another one pops up and begins a 5 second countdown, as Bruce Willis and crew barely escape his doom in his spaceship...

Talk about the ultimate 3 Stooges moment... 03-banghead
05-25-2011 12:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(05-25-2011 10:30 AM)Lush Wrote:  i watched the 5th element the other day. bad bad bad. i love how the romance between bruce willis and milla jovovich required no effort whatsoever from the writers, it was love at first sight i guess. let's see, oh and why did that priest try to kill that dude in the beginning? apparently the priests were good guys. and every time gary oldman got hold of the box with the stones, they weren't there! holy sh!t chris f*cking tucker. what a turd

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that movie was sh*.
05-25-2011 04:17 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
Blasphemous. All of you.

If it's on TV, I have to watch it, and can't stop until the end.
05-25-2011 10:02 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(05-25-2011 12:00 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
Not only does he not ever get the stones, but as soon as he disarms his bomb (with only 5 seconds to spare), another one pops up and begins a 5 second countdown, as Bruce Willis and crew barely escape his doom in his spaceship...

Talk about the ultimate 3 Stooges moment... 03-banghead

03-lmfao and my roomie, who owns the movie, said i'm too analytical. well yes, perhaps. the movie was like stargate, but waay less cool and comprehensive.
05-25-2011 10:05 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
I have fouind the 5th Element to be intolerable. I can't watch more than 5 minutes of it before I change the channel.
05-26-2011 04:37 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(05-26-2011 04:37 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  I have fouind the 5th Element to be intolerable. I can't watch more than 5 minutes of it before I change the channel.

Similar feelings here.
05-26-2011 10:37 PM
HoustonCougarNation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cougars, Frogs
(05-21-2011 07:29 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  Saw Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides; it was aight.

The first one was the best, however pirates 4 I think has the most action in it, I give it a thumbs up and would recommend it to everyone!!!:ecu:
05-27-2011 10:28 AM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Navy, ASU

Folding@NCAAbbs
(05-27-2011 10:28 AM)HoustonCougarNation Wrote:  
(05-21-2011 07:29 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  Saw Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides; it was aight.

The first one was the best, however pirates 4 I think has the most action in it, I give it a thumbs up and would recommend it to everyone!!!:ecu:

I'll admit that no matter how horrible At World's End was - and it was, it had an amazing action sequence there with the maelstrom.
05-27-2011 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(05-27-2011 04:30 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  

I'll admit that no matter how horrible At World's End was - and it was, it had an amazing action sequence there with the maelstrom.

You are correct. Also, the absolute disentigration of the bad guys boat immediately after it was just awesome.
05-27-2011 05:14 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(05-27-2011 05:14 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  
(05-27-2011 04:30 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  

You are correct. Also, the absolute disentigration of the bad guys boat immediately after it was just awesome.

too bad that whole scene wouldn't freakin end
05-27-2011 11:57 PM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
Watched Easy A on Netflix; it was pretty entertaining.
05-28-2011 10:05 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(05-26-2011 04:37 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  I have fouind the 5th Element to be intolerable. I can't watch more than 5 minutes of it before I change the channel.

Please turn in your Multipass.
05-31-2011 11:39 AM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(05-28-2011 10:05 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  Watched Easy A on Netflix; it was pretty entertaining.

the parents were great
05-31-2011 11:59 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Takers / dvd
--Not bad. The ensemble cast meshed pretty well. My only thing is that TI tried to be TI too much. The audio commentary on the movie was pretty good.
05-31-2011 04:50 PM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
(05-31-2011 11:59 AM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(05-28-2011 10:05 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  Watched Easy A on Netflix; it was pretty entertaining.

the parents were great

Oh, I loved Patricia Clarkson and Stanley Tucci; they were fantastic.
06-01-2011 12:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.