Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The movie thread
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
RE: The movie thread
that danny boyle film who's title spoiled the film. who am i?
08-10-2016 09:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
This just in:

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer (Official)

08-11-2016 10:46 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
I love the original. This looks like it could be a good one.

08-12-2016 08:45 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

Another Kong tale but it does have Samuel L. Jackson and John Goodman in it.

08-12-2016 08:51 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(07-23-2016 08:47 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  Watched Star Trek Beyond yesterday; loved every second of it.

It was definitely better than the last one and had the ST vibe that I was looking for. Still, I felt it was 20 minutes too long.

(08-05-2016 08:14 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  Watched Suicide Squad this morning; story was a bit disjointed, but it was a lot of fun otherwise. I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5. Easily the most entertaining DC movie to date.

I was sorely disappointed. Maybe because I seen Suicide Squad: Assault on Arkham. But other than Viola Davis' performance as Waller (which I accept only because CCH Pounder can't portray her) the thing just didn't work IMO. The story was wrong because SS are essentially street level criminals. They aren't equipment to handle mystical threats. The Joker is[/align] NOT a mob boss. It wasted too much time on character exposition when this movie had too many people in it to work. For the love of Dwayne McDuffie, please let Bruce Timm helm these live action efforts from DC. I know WB hates the source material but they are actively killing their brand.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2016 09:11 PM by vandiver49.)
08-12-2016 09:10 PM
BEARCATDALE Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Shivaay

Bollywood movie but don't know if it'll be subtitled or with english speakers when it comes out. Still looks rather good.
08-12-2016 11:56 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(08-12-2016 08:45 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  I love the original. This looks like it could be a good one.

By original do you mean Seven Samurai?05-stirthepot

FWIW, I have seen the the Original Seven Samurai and the anime Samurai 7. Both were pretty good. I haven't watched the western spin on it yet.
08-13-2016 08:13 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(08-13-2016 08:13 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 08:45 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  I love the original. This looks like it could be a good one.

By original do you mean Seven Samurai?05-stirthepot

FWIW, I have seen the the Original Seven Samurai and the anime Samurai 7. Both were pretty good. I haven't watched the western spin on it yet.

Ha. O.k, maybe not as the original storyline/plot of the Seven Samurai. I'm a Yul Brenner fan and he played the same role as Denzel's in the remake of the western version. I highly recommend you watch the 1960 classic The Magnificent Seven - it's good. In addition to Yul, the movie casts Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Robert Vaughn and Eli Wallach.
08-13-2016 08:47 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(08-13-2016 08:47 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Ha. O.k, maybe not as the original storyline/plot of the Seven Samurai. I'm a Yul Brenner fan and he played the same role as Denzel's in the remake of the western version. I highly recommend you watch the 1960 classic The Magnificent Seven - it's good. In addition to Yul, the movie casts Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Robert Vaughn and Eli Wallach.

Actually, in some ways I do want to watch the original western version before this new western versions hits theaters.

Batman: The Killing Joke / BR
--got it for my birthday. I liked it. Something about the end left me unsatisfied but I did like the spin on the Joker origin story they put forth.

Out for Justice/ dvd
--Was in the mood for a bad ass Seagal movie. I liked the action and the arguable hard R for this film.

Marked for Death / dvd
--Probably one of my favorite Segal movies. The whole voodoo, Jamaican gangs, and the main villain just really struck a cord with my action movie jones.

Under Siege / BR
--Another one of Segal's best movies. Too bad the sequel ruined the reputation the possible franchise could have had.
08-14-2016 09:19 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
Batman: The Killing Joke.....I thought it sucked which disappointed me because the WB DC comic book movies are usually very, very good.

Jason Bourne - Not the best but better than the last one.

Sausage Party - So much potential to be a thoroughly funny movie. It's okay though but Team America: World Police was better and funnier.

Overall, this summer movie season was a huge letdown.
08-16-2016 06:27 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(08-16-2016 06:27 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  Batman: The Killing Joke.....I thought it sucked which disappointed me because the WB DC comic book movies are usually very, very good.
I'm not willing to go SUCK, but... there was something about it...

Hmmm.... not quite my same sentiments but I think it had some issues. The problem with Renner's movie was them wanting to tie it in so much to Damon's movie(s) instead of making it its own thing.

Sausage Party - So much potential to be a thoroughly funny movie. It's okay though but Team America: World Police was better and funnier.
I want to see it as a guilty pleasure but then I look into my wallet and conclude that I wouldn't pay to see it--maybe if its free...

Ya know, I am kind of with you on this a little. Star Trek was legit. I was under impressed with Bourne--too many nit picky issues for me. Suicide Squad was pretty legit IMO--although I did notice the scenes that were in the trailers not being in the movie. TMNT was pretty good IMO. ID2, ehh....while not BAD, it wasn't as good as the original and something about it really showed a cash grab to a legacy hit. Ghostbusters, not as bad as the media hate made it out to be but not as great as it should have been--it's lone solace was the fact it was better than Ghostbusters II.

JMO.

Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie / BR
--Basically, it is the movie culmination of the "Arise" series. The Arise series has 4 parts called Borders that lead up to the movie. The movie basically ends as the start of the original movie. Its another solid entry in the series overall. The overall concept of the "Arise" series is the formation of the team that ends up being Section 9 from the first movie--a prequel of sorts if you will.
08-16-2016 10:24 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-16-2016 10:24 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(08-16-2016 06:27 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  Batman: The Killing Joke.....I thought it sucked which disappointed me because the WB DC comic book movies are usually very, very good.

Hmmm.... not quite my same sentiments but I think it had some issues. The problem with Renner's movie was them wanting to tie it in so much to Damon's movie(s) instead of making it its own thing.

I want to see it as a guilty pleasure but then I look into my wallet and conclude that I wouldn't pay to see it--maybe if its free...

Ya know, I am kind of with you on this a little. Star Trek was legit. I was under impressed with Bourne--too many nit picky issues for me. Suicide Squad was pretty legit IMO--although I did notice the scenes that were in the trailers not being in the movie. TMNT was pretty good IMO. ID2, ehh....while not BAD, it wasn't as good as the original and something about it really showed a cash grab to a legacy hit. Ghostbusters, not as bad as the media hate made it out to be but not as great as it should have been--it's lone solace was the fact it was better than Ghostbusters II.

JMO.

--Basically, it is the movie culmination of the "Arise" series. The Arise series has 4 parts called Borders that lead up to the movie. The movie basically ends as the start of the original movie. Its another solid entry in the series overall. The overall concept of the "Arise" series is the formation of the team that ends up being Section 9 from the first movie--a prequel of sorts if you will.

I think the ending of The Killing Joke just totally ruined the overall movie for me. And thanks to my Carmike Rewards card, I saw Sausage Movie for free. ID2 wasn't bad. I really liked Bad Moms. The better movies came out earlier this year. The Jungle Book was fantastic as was Zootopia.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2016 09:44 PM by BamaScorpio69.)
08-17-2016 09:44 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
(08-17-2016 09:44 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

JMO.

I think the ending of The Killing Joke just totally ruined the overall movie for me. And thanks to my Carmike Rewards card, I saw Sausage Movie for free. ID2 wasn't bad. I really liked Bad Moms. The better movies came out earlier this year. The Jungle Book was fantastic as was Zootopia.

Concerning The Killing Joke- The sex scene between Batman and Batgirl was odd. Why? Why?
08-19-2016 09:36 AM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-19-2016 09:36 AM)chess Wrote:  

JMO.

Concerning The Killing Joke- The sex scene between Batman and Batgirl was odd. Why? Why?

Yeah that was odd. Most of the movie was odd
08-19-2016 05:44 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(08-19-2016 05:44 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

JMO.

She thought that pottietang would turn back into her instead of being a ass hole.
08-19-2016 11:28 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-19-2016 11:28 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(08-16-2016 10:24 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  JMO.

She thought that pottietang would turn back into her instead of being a ass hole.

It was like a high school student having sex with her teacher that is tutoring her weird.
08-20-2016 01:04 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Supergirl S1 / NF
--I actually liked it. I have to say that so far the DC tv shows in Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl haven't disappointed.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico/dvd
--While no Desperado it did have its moments. I love Depp's trolling of Danny Trejo asking him he is a Mexican or a Mexi-can't.

Huntsman: Winter's War/ BR
--I actually liked both movies so far in this series and I thought this one was slightly better than the first.

The Living Daylights/ dvd
--Wanted some Timothy Dalton JB action.

PotC: At Worlds End, The Curse of the Black Pearl / BR
--Needed that Pirate action before the football season started.

The Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt 2/BR
--Definitely a good political movie.

Robot Chicken S6 and 7 /dvd
--Needed to get back into it again. Still has its moments but some stuff is kind of getting stale.

Southpark S19/BR
--Funny as always and the PC mocker was spot on.

X Files S3 / NF
--Good stuff. I am still surprised I hadn't really tried to watch it till now.
09-16-2016 10:36 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

TMNT: Out of the Shadows / BR
--liked it slightly more than the first one.

Gotham S2/ NF
--I liked the depth of the background offered behind how Bruce's parents got killed and the handling of Indian Hill/Arkham Asylum. I also liked how they worked in Penguins history along with the interesting Fish Mooney(sp?) comeback.

Transformers The Movie 30thA / BR
--Man, the restoration of the movie was incredible--considering I have the widescreen dvd version of the movie to compare this newly restored footage BR too. The special feature interviews were great too.

Captain America: Civil War / BR
--I liked the movie and the character personalities but I keep asking myself why have the Captain America movies been consistently better than the other the other "Avengers" solo projects but then we also have ask, why has Captain America started to the sub-series Avengers ensemble movie.
09-28-2016 10:11 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(08-20-2016 01:04 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(08-19-2016 11:28 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(08-17-2016 09:44 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  I think the ending of The Killing Joke just totally ruined the overall movie for me. And thanks to my Carmike Rewards card, I saw Sausage Movie for free. ID2 wasn't bad. I really liked Bad Moms. The better movies came out earlier this year. The Jungle Book was fantastic as was Zootopia.

It was like a high school student having sex with her teacher that is tutoring her weird.

I felt it was two stories put together that made no sense. Obviously the sex scene was weird because Barbara as Batgirl was simply was too young. But then I remembered Barbara was Commissioner in Batman Beyond and in it she mentioned having a relationship with Bruce.
09-29-2016 09:08 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

The Power Rangers trailer

10-09-2016 10:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.