Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The movie thread
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
RE: The movie thread
marky mark imo was out for revenge in the end.

catch-22. i've learned to not discount films based on books, since the book is always better. they changed the plot a bit but left the majority of the story intact. left out some of my favorite characters, and funny parts. i didn't envision capt. yossarian to be as whiny. great to see some actors when they were younger. alan arkin, anthony perkins, jon voight, charles grodin, martin sheen, and art garfunkel

the counselor. ridley scott directing a cormac mccarthy script? how could that fail?
01-14-2015 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Ya know what, I am gonna watch The Departed tonight...all this talk has me in the mood. I hope we get the "North American" actors to do parts 2 and 3. I thought the Hong Kong trilogy of Internal Affairs was pretty good. I kind of need to watch those again anyway.

I'd also hope, along the same lines, that we get "western version" of The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo trilogy parts 2 and 3 made. The Danish(?) trilogy was pretty good IMO and I think that since 2 and 3 were more of a separate story arc--more about THE girl with the Dragon Tattoo if you will and her story that put her where she was when the news guy met her on their "case" in the first one.
01-15-2015 01:10 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(01-14-2015 09:36 AM)gdunn Wrote:  The thing I wonder at the end of "The Departed".. Was Walburgh's character corrupt and seeking revenge for the mob boss or was he seeking revenge for his slain boss at the State Police?

Ok, I watched the movie... I think he was partially pissed at Damon's character for going after Queenan (sp?) as the dirty cop and probably had the intel he was in on the killing of Queenan it was a revenge kill for his boss. I doubt he was working for Jack Nicholson's character...
01-17-2015 12:47 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

The Departed / BR
--Really good crime drama with lots of plot twists... arguably too many... but in the world of jurisdictions and undercovers...its not that far fetched.

Star Trek__: The Journey Home / NF
--Really and ode to the Challenger crew and a environmentalist tinge with saving the whales... of these early Star Trek Movies this was the worst one so far.
01-17-2015 12:56 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
(01-13-2015 04:05 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(01-13-2015 03:30 PM)NewJersey GATA Wrote:  Curious if anyone is watching a series on Netflix right now. I finished Breaking Bad and looking for another series.

Preference - Trying to find something for the wife and I to watch (she watched BB so she can watch a show with majority male cast.)

We will be watching " Better call Saul" on AMC in Feb

just started Peaky Blinders. Only watched one episode, but seems cool. I'm a sucker for a period piece, so I'm a little biased

Took your advice and watched. Seems OK.

I wondered what the title referred to and it was answered.

If you haven't seen it, the bangers would sew razor blades into the peaks of their caps and then in a fight could swipe the blades across the eyes of their opponent.

[Image: CILLIAN-GRADED.jpg]

Another point is that Sophie Rundle who plays Ada, is Emma Watson with big tits.

[Image: ByomLOHIUAAz2c1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2015 12:45 PM by QuestionSocratic.)
01-17-2015 12:40 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
American Sniper breaks all kinds of January records with it's $90.2 million in three days. Projected to make $105 mil over the Fri through Monday frame.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2015/.../21953225/

[Image: 635571772708941550-COOPER.JPG]
01-18-2015 12:33 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
American Sniper- Theaters- My advice, read the book first so you know what's real and what's Hollywood. That being said, it was an excellent movie. Bradley Cooper was Chris Kyle. I wouldn't say it's pro-war or anti-war, it's basically the movie of Chris Kyle. This is who he was and this is what he did. No doubt he loved his country, he loved his family, and he was upset that he couldn't save everyone.
01-20-2015 02:48 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Star Trek __: The Final Frontier / NF
--I liked it... and the Spock brother angle was good addition to it. I only felt disappointed at the "God" .

Mission Impossible 2 / BR
--While solving the lack of action issues from the first one, it was "less spy" than a Mission Impossible should be. Jon Woo's trademark doves felt out of place at the end. I did like the overall plot though...
01-20-2015 11:59 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(01-17-2015 12:40 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  
(01-13-2015 04:05 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(01-13-2015 03:30 PM)NewJersey GATA Wrote:  Curious if anyone is watching a series on Netflix right now. I finished Breaking Bad and looking for another series.

Preference - Trying to find something for the wife and I to watch (she watched BB so she can watch a show with majority male cast.)

We will be watching " Better call Saul" on AMC in Feb

just started Peaky Blinders. Only watched one episode, but seems cool. I'm a sucker for a period piece, so I'm a little biased

Took your advice and watched. Seems OK.

I wondered what the title referred to and it was answered.

If you haven't seen it, the bangers would sew razor blades into the peaks of their caps and then in a fight could swipe the blades across the eyes of their opponent.

[Image: CILLIAN-GRADED.jpg]

Another point is that Sophie Rundle who plays Ada, is Emma Watson with big tits.

[Image: ByomLOHIUAAz2c1.jpg]

This is a fantastic show.
01-21-2015 08:24 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
^^ Sophie Rundle is going to be a big name here in the U.S. in a year or two.

Agree with your comment about her body. I won't attach the link but if you look her up on Youtube you can see her assets on display. She went topless on the Showtime series "Episodes" starring Matt LeBlanc.
01-21-2015 10:22 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

if any y'all need a decent romantic comedy to please the missus, laggies. kierra knightly plays a directionless twenty something, her high school friends have taken the necessary steps towards a normal life. her boyfriend proposes and she totally freaks out. so she lays low in a friend's house, a new friend, a teenage girl (that girl from kick ass). it's got sam rockwell in it
01-21-2015 10:35 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

MI4: Ghost Protocol/ BR
--Thought it was a solid entry. Kind of liked the meeting my Russian counterpart angle as well.
01-22-2015 11:47 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
BOXTROLLS - On Demand.

Wow, how this got into the Oscars is beyond me. I know the book the movie was trying to replicate, and I guess it did a fair job of it. But their desire to emulate foreign accents and the way the bad guy was finally defeated. Uhmm... BLEH!!!! They did a decent artistic job for the most part, but sometimes it was just TOO busy in the back of the scenes that I couldn't focus on the story itself.

4 / 10
01-26-2015 10:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

The Bourne Legacy / BR
--As much as I like Renner in his role, as much as I liked the "other programs" intrigue, and as much as I liked the conspiracy and science in the movie...I think the intercutting of scenes out of the 3rd Bourne movie and its almost direct cinematic ties kind of hurt the movie a little. I don't think the "chemical dependent super soldier" angle was as inspiring/interesting as the "amnesia laden super soldier."

Who Framed Roger Rabbit? / NF
--While considered a classic in some circles...I can't call myself the biggest fan of the movie. I will admit they did a good job of mixing animation and live actors in it though--and the running line of animated characters acting in a "movie set" of the toons was pretty cool.
01-27-2015 03:17 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

American Sniper/theater
--Cool overall story arc for him. BUT, wow, the way it ended... Not sure if I'd buy it but i'd watch it again for sure.
01-27-2015 08:43 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(01-21-2015 10:35 AM)Lush Wrote:  if any y'all need a decent romantic comedy to please the missus, laggies. kierra knightly plays a directionless twenty something, her high school friends have taken the necessary steps towards a normal life. her boyfriend proposes and she totally freaks out. so she lays low in a friend's house, a new friend, a teenage girl (that girl from kick ass). it's got sam rockwell in it

oh yeah i remember seeing the trailer and wanting to see it. Good to know it turned out to be pretty good
01-28-2015 02:45 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Ronin /dvd
--One of my favorite action movies. Love the lines in the movie, love the car chases, love the plot....just a good all around movie IMO.

Captain America The First Avenger / BR
--Pretty good starter flick for his franchise. I liked ___ as Red Skull

Captain America and Iron Man United (?) / NF
--Cap and Iron Man team up against Red Skull and Taskmaster who are trying to steal Cap's powers from him. Cap and Iron Man are basically debating who is better..the planner in Cap or the fly by the seat Ironman in terms of tactics and results. Pretty cool animated movie and its pretty nice that Hulk comes into the fight later on.
01-29-2015 12:11 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
^ Hugo Weaving portrayed Red Skull in the movie.
01-29-2015 12:48 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(01-29-2015 12:48 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  ^ Hugo Weaving portrayed Red Skull in the movie.

Was drawing a complete blank.
01-29-2015 11:55 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(01-28-2015 02:45 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(01-21-2015 10:35 AM)Lush Wrote:  if any y'all need a decent romantic comedy to please the missus, laggies. kierra knightly plays a directionless twenty something, her high school friends have taken the necessary steps towards a normal life. her boyfriend proposes and she totally freaks out. so she lays low in a friend's house, a new friend, a teenage girl (that girl from kick ass). it's got sam rockwell in it

oh yeah i remember seeing the trailer and wanting to see it. Good to know it turned out to be pretty good

it wasn't your standard romantic comedy, and barely was one at all. with that said, it's one of those movies that i wouldn't watch without a female
01-30-2015 06:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.