Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Intro
Bookmark and Share
olemisscowboy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Ole Miss
Intro
Good morning.
I've made a couple of posts already here today but for those admins who don't know me, I've been on the SECRivals board for a few years now, even had some moderator authority there in the past, but no longer. This...I don't really care about to be frank as the board got stale some time ago. I like pretty much everyone over there but I refuse to get caught up in any sort of power struggles or politics.

I don't really know the history of those who were on SECRivals board vs. having been on this board before that, and aside from having a little fun lighting a few fires on the Memphis board here in weeks leading up to the opening contests between the Tigers and Rebs in late summers past, I'm pretty much new to this board.

I hope to have great relationships and be a positive Rebel here with any Ole Miss brethren. I'm friends with Doug and Matt, as well as quite a few others from SECRivals and I intend to stay that way, but I also hope to meet and become friends with any Rebs here too. The common bond should be we all love Ole Miss dearly.

If any admins (Kevin, is it?) want to know anything else about me, just send me a message. I'm happy to oblige wherever I can and I'm looking forward to great discussions about Ole Miss as we move forward.

Hotty Toddy, Everyone!

Barrie
12-08-2009 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WizardRebel Offline
All American

RE: Intro
(12-08-2009 11:45 AM)olemisscowboy Wrote:  Good morning.
I've made a couple of posts already here today but for those admins who don't know me, I've been on the SECRivals board for a few years now, even had some moderator authority there in the past, but no longer. This...I don't really care about to be frank as the board got stale some time ago. I like pretty much everyone over there but I refuse to get caught up in any sort of power struggles or politics.

I don't really know the history of those who were on SECRivals board vs. having been on this board before that, and aside from having a little fun lighting a few fires on the Memphis board here in weeks leading up to the opening contests between the Tigers and Rebs in late summers past, I'm pretty much new to this board.

I hope to have great relationships and be a positive Rebel here with any Ole Miss brethren. I'm friends with Doug and Matt, as well as quite a few others from SECRivals and I intend to stay that way, but I also hope to meet and become friends with any Rebs here too. The common bond should be we all love Ole Miss dearly.

If any admins (Kevin, is it?) want to know anything else about me, just send me a message. I'm happy to oblige wherever I can and I'm looking forward to great discussions about Ole Miss as we move forward.

Hotty Toddy, Everyone!

Barrie

Wut up my brutha?!? Yeah, we had this thing rolling a few years back. Some things happened but new beginnings are a good thing. Me, Rhett, Doug, Reb32, msudawgs64, and many others were over here and the Ole Miss board was thumping. Let's get it fired up and let's beat them Pokes in Dallas on Jan. 2nd!

Hotty Toddy!!!

WR
12-08-2009 12:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewspaperRebel Offline
Former Righter

(12-08-2009 12:21 PM)WizardRebel Wrote:  

Hotty Toddy, Everyone!

Barrie

Wut up my brutha?!? Yeah, we had this thing rolling a few years back. Some things happened but new beginnings are a good thing. Me, Rhett, Doug, Reb32, msudawgs64, and many others were over here and the Ole Miss board was thumping. Let's get it fired up and let's beat them Pokes in Dallas on Jan. 2nd!

Hotty Toddy!!!

WR

Yeah, Barrie, we had this place rocking once upon a time, but left after some real problems with the Mods concerning Memphis State. Now if we can just find everyone we can get it rocking again.04-cheers
12-08-2009 01:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewspaperRebel Offline
Former Righter

(12-08-2009 01:52 PM)NewspaperRebel Wrote:  
(12-08-2009 12:21 PM)WizardRebel Wrote:  

Hotty Toddy, Everyone!

Barrie

Hotty Toddy!!!

WR

Yeah, Barrie, we had this place rocking once upon a time, but left after some real problems with the Mods concerning Memphis State. Now if we can just find everyone we can get it rocking again.04-cheers

BTW, I've revived my "Cartoon of the Day" in the Spin Room. I asked one of the Mods if they could pin it.
12-08-2009 01:55 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
We now have the ability to do specific bannings from the various boards. So, if a Rebel always wants to flame Memphis on Memphis's board, they'll be banned by Steve from the Memphis board. If there's a Tiger here spamming up this site, I'll ban him from the SEC. That feature came with the new BB software we installed; we actually invited the creator of the BB SW to ncaabbs. He's an admin here by the name RyanGordon. Good thing about this is, he's always willing to help, being that it's advantageous to him to test features, gain more exposure, etc.

Since you guys' departure, I think I made a little bit of progress on the Memphis-Ole Miss relationship. Well, I'll limit that to the conservative Tigers.

If we do get a ton of people back, I'll see what I can do about getting the various boards color-coded with your team theme. Kinda like this:

http://ncaabbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=409

and this:

http://ncaabbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=404

and this:

http://ncaabbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=448

I'm open to suggestions.

Kevin AKA Rebel
12-08-2009 06:05 PM
Quote this message in a reply
olemisscowboy Offline
Bench Warmer

I think those sites look great, especially the Bearcat board. I would suggest a red background with navy letters outline in white, if that's what you mean by being open to suggestions. Sounds like a great idea you have, Kevin.

Oh...regarding the Memphis board, I never got banned because I don't think I ever crossed any lines. I've never been one of those in-your-face, profanity-laden fans like you'll find on NAFOOM. Nothing like that all, in fact (except in a few cases where I was really ticked off, but those are few and far between). Fanning the flames on the Memphis board was always done in gest. There are some decent "conservative" Tiger fans, I'll agree with you. Living in Southaven, I'm around a lot of them quite often.
12-08-2009 06:22 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
It was just an escalation with people playing off others. A Rebel would go there and flame or a Tiger would come here and flame, it would turn into a complete and total cluster**** and spiraled down hill from there. Then, any legitimate Tiger or Rebel that crossed lines just to discuss something with another team would immediately get associated with the flamer. I don't understand it, never have. I never really considered Memphis to be a major rival like MSU or LSU. Hell, I don't even consider Auburn that much of a rival.

Don't know how hard this will be, but I am definitely ready to try.

What you have on this board that I haven't seen on others, is consistency with the server. The entire tech team are on board and we own the server. ...and having had the server and all hardware shipped to my house, and taken to GTS in Spartanburg while on the way to Linville Falls, NC, I can tell you, it's bad ass. ...at least it was when we purchased it. It's a 2-server cluster in a 1U mount. Don't know how common they are now, but it was the only one on Newegg at the time. Not to mention, the developer of the BB software is also an admin.

We also have a Southern Miss admin who's from Georgia who's as good as gold.
12-08-2009 06:44 PM
Advertisement

olemisscowboy Offline
Bench Warmer

Sweet, sounds like an amazing set up. I'm not a geek by any stretch but understand some of the basics. Just never hope I can help with maintenance, I'm not even close to that good.

Yeah...I understand what you're saying about Memphis fans and Ole Miss fans crossing over. It seems (mostly with Memphis) that nothing critical can be said whatsoever in their presence without them taking it as a flamethrower.

Time will tell how it improves. Looking forward to hanging with you here.
12-08-2009 08:28 PM
JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
As long as you don't remind us how pathetic our football program is, most of us Memphis State fans will stay under control.
12-09-2009 08:34 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(12-09-2009 08:34 AM)JMSTiger Wrote:  As long as you don't remind us how pathetic our football program is, most of us Memphis State fans will stay under control.

Talking trash goes both ways, JMS. I'm sure you're aware of this.
12-09-2009 08:59 AM
Advertisement

JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

(12-09-2009 08:59 AM)Rebel Wrote:  
(12-09-2009 08:34 AM)JMSTiger Wrote:  As long as you don't remind us how pathetic our football program is, most of us Memphis State fans will stay under control.

I wouldn't know. I don't waste time with talking trash on messageboards. I barely have enough ability to string together four or five sentences, much less try to be witty with hurling insults.

So what's going on around here? GTS says you all are gonna get this place started back? Is that true?
12-09-2009 09:03 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(12-09-2009 09:03 AM)JMSTiger Wrote:  

I wouldn't know. I don't waste time with talking trash on messageboards. I barely have enough ability to string together four or five sentences, much less try to be witty with hurling insults.

So what's going on around here? GTS says you all are gonna get this place started back? Is that true?

Yes. I'm definately wanting to get it up and running again. The Ole Miss section used to be one of the most active on the site.

The trash talking "I've" been subject to comes from idiots like Greg Childers, Callem, etc. and are generally political in nature, they just throw the Ole Miss thing out to try and strengthen their point, unsuccessfully. I don't go to Memphis's sports section. I do, however, like your political section and would sit down for a beer with a number of those guys and gals.

As for sports, when CUSA arrived several years ago I went to the USM section to congratulate them on a win. I was thanked by most, but some ******* named WingedEagle went completely nuts. I guess he didn't understand the fact that I was an admin and I finally banned him. Then GTS reinstated him to try and smooth things over. He went off on GTS when finally reinstated. He was banned again. Much to my amazement, USM fans cheered his banning. It's the reason why the crazy smilie is coded: + wingedeagle + :
12-09-2009 09:18 AM
JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

(12-09-2009 09:18 AM)Rebel Wrote:  
(12-09-2009 09:03 AM)JMSTiger Wrote:  

Yes. I'm definately wanting to get it up and running again. The Ole Miss section used to be one of the most active on the site.

The trash talking "I've" been subject to comes from idiots like Greg Childers, Callem, etc. and are generally political in nature, they just throw the Ole Miss thing out to try and strengthen their point, unsuccessfully. I don't go to Memphis's sports section. I do, however, like your political section and would sit down for a beer with a number of those guys and gals.

As for sports, when CUSA arrived several years ago I went to the USM section to congratulate them on a win. I was thanked by most, but some ******* named WingedEagle went completely nuts. I guess he didn't understand the fact that I was an admin and I finally banned him. Then GTS reinstated him to try and smooth things over. He went off on GTS when finally reinstated. He was banned again. Much to my amazement, USM fans cheered his banning. It's the reason why the crazy smilie is coded: + wingedeagle + :

Yeah, wingedeagle was definitely a nutcase. I think he came back a time or two under a different name, but was eventually IP zapped.

Well, good luck. It sure would be nice to have this board back to its former glory. With the ability to ban people from particular forums now, I hope the Ole Miss people that come back here will understand that this board will not be overrun by anti-Rebel yahoos.

We have several really good Ole Miss posters who drop by and contribute to the Memphis main board every once in a while and have for years. There is no reason the vast majority of us here can't discuss college sports in a non-trash talking manner. Like I said, I can't talk trash worth a crap anyway, so I prefer to not engage in that type of thing.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2009 09:33 AM by JMSTiger.)
12-09-2009 09:30 AM
WizardRebel Offline
All American

I used to stop by the Memphis board a good bit and certainly met some good people over there. I didn't get much trash talked to me because I didn't believe in talking trash there.

I'm certainly looking forward to getting things rolling here again. Like Kevin said, we had this Ole Miss board really moving back in the day and I'd love to see it get back to that. I'll be doing some recruiting and see how many new folks I can get and who I can bring back from before.

04-cheers

WR
12-09-2009 11:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.