Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will the Yankees make the playoffs?
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

As bad as they're playing, I just can't see them missing the playoffs. Too much talent.
05-06-2005 02:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

what talent? do you mean the loser bullpen? the weak starting staff? or the crummy bench and supporting cast? womack is just decent, their 1st base situation is a joke and their center field situation is worse than that. posada is continuing his downward trend and the boss is putting mroe pressure on them by the day. their rotation is an inured johnson, an inconsistent carl pavano, an old and crappy mike mussina, chin ming bing (or whatever his name is), a completely dreadful kevin brown and some guy named sean henn. and to top it all off, mariano rivera, while still great, can't touch the red sox.
05-06-2005 04:57 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

the yankees are losing 3-1. pavano has gone 3.1 and has given up 3 ER, against the light hitting A's. his ERA is now 4.58.
05-06-2005 07:11 PM
JoltinJacket Offline
The Resident Stat Machine

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksHall of FameCrappies

ROFL! 04-bow :laugh: 04-bow :laugh: 04-bow
05-06-2005 07:33 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

JoltinJacket Wrote:ROFL! 04-bow :laugh: 04-bow :laugh: 04-bow
which part?
05-06-2005 07:37 PM
JoltinJacket Offline

Tonight's debacle in progress.
05-06-2005 07:39 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

pavano settled down and went 7 innings giving up 3 runs.
05-06-2005 08:03 PM
JoltinJacket Offline

In a 3-3 game in the 10th, the A's score 2 runs on a throwing error by Tino, then get a 3rd run on a bases loaded walk by Rivera. It's a 6-3 final as the Yanks fall to 11-19 - the 2nd worst start in team history - and fall 9 games out of first. :roflol:
05-06-2005 09:39 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

see, i don't hate the yankees as much as you guys, but it does brighten my day when i see them falling apart. :D
05-06-2005 09:43 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I don't know why I have so much faith in the Yankees. They really do have a lot of problems. Maybe I've just bought into the thinking of "They're the Yankees so they'll be alright." But yet they keep losing.
05-06-2005 09:49 PM
JoltinJacket Offline

Can I change my poll vote to "no"?
05-06-2005 09:51 PM
Advertisement

Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

GDawgs...I learned to never count the Yankees out. I agree, they have way too much talent to be this bad. Somewhere down the road they will right the ship.
05-06-2005 11:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

Herd Fan 4-Life Wrote:GDawgs...I learned to never count the Yankees out. I agree, they have way too much talent to be this bad. Somewhere down the road they will right the ship.
but, like i said, they really don't have that much talent.
05-07-2005 10:56 AM
JoltinJacket Offline

flyingswoosh Wrote:
Herd Fan 4-Life Wrote:GDawgs...I learned to never count the Yankees out.  I agree, they have way too much talent to be this bad.  Somewhere down the road they will right the ship.
It's not like they're the KC Royals. They've got plenty of guys that other teams would die for (i.e. Jeter, Posada, Cano, ARod, Sheffield, Godzilla, Pavano, Rivera, etc). They just aren't producing.
05-07-2005 11:42 AM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:but, like i said, they really don't have that much talent.
They have problems, but their payroll is over 200 million, so they have a little bit of talent. Look at all the guys JJ named. I'm still not ready to right them off just yet.
05-07-2005 12:21 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

JoltinJacket Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:
Herd Fan 4-Life Wrote:GDawgs...I learned to never count the Yankees out.  I agree, they have way too much talent to be this bad.  Somewhere down the road they will right the ship.
It's not like they're the KC Royals. They've got plenty of guys that other teams would die for (i.e. Jeter, Posada, Cano, ARod, Sheffield, Godzilla, Pavano, Rivera, etc). They just aren't producing.
cano? have you ever seen him play? have you ever seen him do anything? there is now way you can count him. also, what is the "etc." for? the only guy left is johnson. and he's 42 years old. rivera is 37, and is fading fast. posada has not been good in a year and a half.

why do you guys think the braves make the playoffs every year? what about the '02 Angels, or last year's red sox. because those teams either had an awesome starting staff or an awesome bullpen. the yankees have neither. although, the last year's sox were the best hitting team in baseball.
05-07-2005 12:33 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:but, like i said, they really don't have that much talent.
They have problems, but their payroll is over 200 million, so they have a little bit of talent. Look at all the guys JJ named. I'm still not ready to right them off just yet.
the braves have as much talent. hudson, smoltz, jones, giles, jones, furcal, kolb, ramirez, hampton. that's as much, if not mroe, talent than the yankees have.
05-07-2005 12:34 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:the braves have as much talent. hudson, smoltz, jones, giles, jones, furcal, kolb, ramirez, hampton. that's as much, if not mroe, talent than the yankees have.
I wouldn't say we have as much talent top to botttom, but the reason we're better than them right now is because we do have a lot of talent, but we also scouted much better than the Yankees. They just went out and signed every big name player they could get, but didn't do a good job of making sure the peices fit. That's something Schuerholz is great at doing.
05-07-2005 12:54 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:why do you guys think the braves make the playoffs every year?  what about the '02 Angels, or last year's red sox.  because those teams either had an awesome starting staff or an awesome bullpen.  the yankees have neither.  although, the last year's sox were the best hitting team in baseball.
I understand that their bullpen is not performing, but I think it still has a chance to be very good. Rivera is an all-time great. Gordon was an All-Star last year. Rodriguez has electric stuff. Stanton is old but he still has been solid the last few years. Sturtze can give them some innings. Groom has looked good. I don't think it's a bad bullpen, it's just not pitching like it's capable of.

And the rotation still has Johnson, Pavano and Mussina (granted he's not what he used to be).
05-07-2005 12:58 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

felix reodriguez? LOL, :roflol: obviously, you haven't watched him much in the last few years. he does not have electric stuff. he hits 95, and has no offspeed pitch. he also has no command, and no heart. he is a mop-up pitcher. gordon's arm is shot. he was awful in the playoffs, and has been awful thus far. groom is ok, but hasn't been good in a couple of years. sturtze is not much of a pitcher, and can definitely not pitch the 8th inning. the pen has nothing.

as for the starters. if johnson and pavano do well, it means they have 2 good starters. the other guys suck.
05-07-2005 03:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.