Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Looks Great!!!
Bookmark and Share
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM

Graybeard, this board looks really nice. I think it will be good for us to have two boards. Only thing I wonder if we can change here is if we can set the classifications of members on amount they post as something like Scout, Brave, Warrior, Chief, or Golden Chief, etc. Makes people want to post and become a higher classification. Keep up the good work!
07-31-2004 10:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

graybeard 2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I don’t know, but I don’t think so.
I think that is a universal designation set by the board Admin. team.
03-confused 03-confused
07-31-2004 11:31 AM
LAchief01 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Should this become our new board? Seems like you can do more with pictures and such? Delphi is convenient though... Tough call.
07-31-2004 11:49 AM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Arrowhead Wrote:Graybeard, this board looks really nice. I think it will be good for us to have two boards. Only thing I wonder if we can change here is if we can set the classifications of members on amount they post as something like Scout, Brave, Warrior, Chief, or Golden Chief, etc. Makes people want to post and become a higher classification. Keep up the good work!
I don't know about all members but moderators can change it in their profile. For example, where it says Water Engineer I have "CajunField.com" I know this is not exactly what you were talking about but it may help. Also, graybeard, did you PM GTS about the other board changes you wanted (besides the team skin)?
07-31-2004 05:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

LAchief01 Wrote:Should this become our new board? Seems like you can do more with pictures and such? Delphi is convenient though... Tough call.
Hell yeah 04-cheers Just kidding, you guys do whatever is best for your fans. I know it is hard to get people to change to something different once they have been doing things a certain way for a while but (just my opinion) there is no comparison between what these boards do and what Delphi does.
07-31-2004 06:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

graybeard 2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

<Also, graybeard, did you PM GTS about the other board changes you wanted (besides the team skin)? >

I have not received any PM from him re other changes.
Do you know something I don't??
:laugh: :laugh:
07-31-2004 10:24 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

no, just remembered you wanted some other changes. :D
08-01-2004 10:25 AM
NT75
Unregistered

It is only possible if this board becomes active enough, and there is enough interest / writers to do a complete news engine like we just finished creating for Memphis:

<a href='http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/memphis/invision' target='_blank'>http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/memphis/invision</a>

We have, however, selected something General that applies to all conferences for current user ranking:

(From the FAQ)
3.18 What are the different user levels?
Posts Rank
1-99 Water Engineer
100-249 Bench Warmer
250*-499 2nd String
500-999 Special Teams
1000-2499 1st String
2500-4999 All-American
5000-9999 Heisman
10000+ Hall of Fame

* = Your status line becomes unlocked and you can make it anything you want.
08-01-2004 11:19 AM
Quote this message in a reply
NT75
Unregistered

LAchief01 Wrote:Should this become our new board? Seems like you can do more with pictures and such? Delphi is convenient though... Tough call.
Allow me to spread my openly bias opinion.

NCAAbbs:
#1 MAC forum
#1 C-USA forum
(soon to be) #1 SunBelt forum
#1 Memphis forum
#1 Northern Illinois forum
#1 Toledo forum
Other active areas: Lounge, ACC, Big10, BigEast, Cincinnati, WAC

NCAAbbs has numerous completely unique features, such as the ability to create a news/recruiting engine around a team board, as seen here: <a href='http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/memphis/invision' target='_blank'>http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/memphis/invision</a>

NCAAbbs has formed a team -- Folding@NCAAbbs -- which is currently using unused computer power to help cure cancer, sars, mad cow disease, alzheimers, and others. NCAAbbs is ranked in the top 500 of more than 31,500 teams, and is rising fast. We are the number one participant in Folding by any college fan community... mowing the next closest team (Rivals) down by thousands of spots.

NCAAbbs is developing an interactive Member Map.. it will show a map of the US with NCAAbbs fans on it ... it will show them by conference affiliation. Stats can be gotten nationwide and by state... with the ability to zoom in on a state. This will be an interactive flash page.

NCAAbbs has Road Trip -- where fellow fans can submit the best places to meet and eat around campuses when going to road games.

NCAAbbs has a full featured IRC based chat that works on all operating systems.

NCAAbbs has the CRAP (Community Regular Award Presentation .. or Crappies) every February on the anniversary of the creation of NCAAbbs. It's a fun way for fans across NCAAbbs to get together and vote on the stand outs in our great community.

We also have a support staff to help members that is second to none.

You will not find a warm community for all of college sports like us ... where even bitter rivals can sit and have some good discussion. We are 100% unique, original, uncopied, and unmatched.
08-01-2004 11:36 AM
Advertisement

Arkansas1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

]Thanx for the info :wave:
08-01-2004 01:28 PM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I don't think it is bad to have two. Graybeard is a moderator on the Insider and I recommended him for this board. If you guys decide you would like to move the Insider over here it is no problem to me. I'm actually paying monthly to have the Insider on Delphi and it's not like Graybeard and I can't work together to run the Insider over here cause we have been doing it on Delphi all along. Let's just keep them both going for a while and maybe I can become a moderator here too and then if we decide we like this better we will move.
08-05-2004 10:29 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Arrowhead Wrote:maybe I can become a moderator here too and then if we decide we like this better we will move.
Thats up to you and graybeard, there is no rule that says there is only 1 mod :D we have 4 total mods on the Cajun board 03-wink
08-05-2004 11:07 PM
NT75
Unregistered

Arrowhead Wrote:I don't think it is bad to have two. Graybeard is a moderator on the Insider and I recommended him for this board. If you guys decide you would like to move the Insider over here it is no problem to me. I'm actually paying monthly to have the Insider on Delphi and it's not like Graybeard and I can't work together to run the Insider over here cause we have been doing it on Delphi all along. Let's just keep them both going for a while and maybe I can become a moderator here too and then if we decide we like this better we will move.
We'd be glad to mod up all the mods there to let them take a look around.
08-06-2004 11:35 PM
Advertisement

graybeard 2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

It's perfectly ok with me to have as many mods as wants to participate.
Agree with AH however, let's keep both boards for a while and see what happens. :)
08-09-2004 10:48 PM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

Right now the only active mods are Graybeard, my dad (who is temar), and me. My dad doesn't care to be added I'm sure, but if you could add me that would be great. No reason not to build both of them and see what people like.
08-10-2004 10:52 AM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Arrowhead Wrote:Right now the only active mods are Graybeard, my dad (who is temar), and me. My dad doesn't care to be added I'm sure, but if you could add me that would be great. No reason not to build both of them and see what people like.
GTS is on vacation right now but when he gets back I am sure he will take care of it PDQ :D
08-10-2004 05:03 PM
NT75
Unregistered

Quote: GTS is on vacation right now

**** Hurricane Charley :mad:
08-14-2004 02:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.