CSNbbs
Hosting the NCAA's - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Future Members (/forum-1020.html)
+----- Forum: UCF (/forum-442.html)
+----- Thread: Hosting the NCAA's (/thread-99851.html)

Hosting the NCAA's - moloch_322 - 03-18-2006 07:32 PM

What do you think the chances are that the new UCF Arena will host part of the NCAA tournament? I think that the last time it was in the TD Waterhouse the host school was Stetson! 05-mafia

It would be cool to host the tournament in our new sports entertainment complex, but better if we were a part of it.

Re: Hosting the NCAA's - UCF_AlumniLXA - 03-20-2006 09:22 AM

moloch_322 Wrote:What do you think the chances are that the new UCF Arena will host part of the NCAA tournament? I think that the last time it was in the TD Waterhouse the host school was Stetson! 05-mafia

It would be cool to host the tournament in our new sports entertainment complex, but better if we were a part of it.

Chances are ok, I guess if our PR/Marketing department can put together a well thought out package to attract them away from downtown/TD Waterhouse , which may be hard to do. I am not up to date on the criterias for hosting but what about the arena size? Our will hold 10,000 that may not be "enough"..... Not sure though... Would be sweet though!!!! I do agree that if it happens that we would be apart of it!

- st932253 - 03-20-2006 11:29 PM

I'd rather let Stetson keep hosting it in Orlando and UCF playing there!

I don't think we could play in Orlando if we host it.

Re: Hosting the NCAA's - Inigo - 05-30-2006 03:33 PM

moloch_322 Wrote:What do you think the chances are that the new UCF Arena will host part of the NCAA tournament? I think that the last time it was in the TD Waterhouse the host school was Stetson! 05-mafia

There's a 0% chance of that because we don't meet the minimum seating capacity. Currently, opening weekend sites have a minimum capacity requirement of 12,000. There are talks of increasing that to 15,000 starting for the 2009 tournament.