CSNbbs
An Eastern Big XII flank - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Conference Talk (/forum-188.html)
+---- Thread: An Eastern Big XII flank (/thread-970176.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

An Eastern Big XII flank - True Bearcat - 05-15-2023 04:08 PM

With all the noise being made today with the Dellenger article and McMurphy tweet. Lets say it does happen. The Big XII has already secured 4 on the western flank, now with the ACC being carved up the XII waits for the B1G and SEC to grab what they want. This leaves Pittsburgh and Louisville who have huge rivalries with Cincinnati and West Virginia. Having the Keg of Nails, and Backyard Brawl under the Big XII umbrella would be amazing. A very solid eastern flank, and throw in the budding rivalry with UCF for Cincinnati the Big XII will have a lot of historical rivalries that have been played among the 8 before the new era, and would have a lot of historical rivalries plus a budding one in the expanded era.

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - ShadowKnight - 05-15-2023 05:33 PM

(05-15-2023 04:08 PM)True Bearcat Wrote:  With all the noise being made today with the Dellenger article and McMurphy tweet. Lets say it does happen. The Big XII has already secured 4 on the western flank, now with the ACC being carved up the XII waits for the B1G and SEC to grab what they want. This leaves Pittsburgh and Louisville who have huge rivalries with Cincinnati and West Virginia. Having the Keg of Nails, and Backyard Brawl under the Big XII umbrella would be amazing. A very solid eastern flank, and throw in the budding rivalry with UCF for Cincinnati the Big XII will have a lot of historical rivalries that have been played among the 8 before the new era, and would have a lot of historical rivalries plus a budding one in the expanded era.

Would love to see some Eastern teams in the league. Pitt, Louisville, and even UConn.

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - Acres - 05-15-2023 06:39 PM

(05-15-2023 05:33 PM)ShadowKnight Wrote:  
(05-15-2023 04:08 PM)True Bearcat Wrote:  With all the noise being made today with the Dellenger article and McMurphy tweet. Lets say it does happen. The Big XII has already secured 4 on the western flank, now with the ACC being carved up the XII waits for the B1G and SEC to grab what they want. This leaves Pittsburgh and Louisville who have huge rivalries with Cincinnati and West Virginia. Having the Keg of Nails, and Backyard Brawl under the Big XII umbrella would be amazing. A very solid eastern flank, and throw in the budding rivalry with UCF for Cincinnati the Big XII will have a lot of historical rivalries that have been played among the 8 before the new era, and would have a lot of historical rivalries plus a budding one in the expanded era.

Would love to see some Eastern teams in the league. Pitt, Louisville, and even UConn.

That’s it. No Uconn. UConn is a conference killer. You let that football team into your league, you are as good as dead.

This ACC business is just talk. Nothing burger.

If you can’t pouch pac12 schools, do not expand. Stay at 12.

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - Jackson1011 - 05-15-2023 06:57 PM

(05-15-2023 05:33 PM)ShadowKnight Wrote:  

100% agree..Syracuse too

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - HornFrogFan - 05-15-2023 07:49 PM

(05-15-2023 05:33 PM)ShadowKnight Wrote:  Would love to see some Eastern teams in the league. Pitt, Louisville, and even UConn.

No offense, but hard pass on UConn. Would love to see Pitt and Louisville however. WVU deserves to have more regional rivals in the league after being on an island for so long and the Keg of Nails is just too cool of a trophy not to try to bring into the conference.

Would also love to see Va. Tech join as well. That stadium experience looks amazing on TV and I get chills every time I see them run onto the field blasting Enter Sandman.

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - BearcatJerry - 05-15-2023 10:01 PM

No offense but Pitt does not have "a huge rivalry" with UC. They do with WVU, but not UC.

Not saying the B12 doesn't go after them, but let's be honest: the "River Cities Rivalry" trophy got traded into a pawn shop right after the last game. The "Civil CONFLict" was a "bigger rivalry" than Pitt/Cincinnati.

Now the Keg'O'Nails...

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - BearcatJerry - 05-15-2023 10:05 PM

Georgia Tech. I'd like to see Georgia Tech round out any ACC additions. They were in the old "Metro Conference" with UC and UL and would give UCF a regional partner if Miami were not part of the deal.

Pitt
BC
Louisville
GaTech

That'd be a solid core to build off of.

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - Golden Jedi Knight - 05-15-2023 10:15 PM

(05-15-2023 10:05 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Georgia Tech. I'd like to see Georgia Tech round out any ACC additions. They were in the old "Metro Conference" with UC and UL and would give UCF a regional partner if Miami were not part of the deal.

Pitt
BC
Louisville
GaTech

That'd be a solid core to build off of.

The winner of the UCF-GT rivalry game would get the George O’Leary Trophy.

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - natibeast2.0 - 05-16-2023 05:01 AM

Heck no to too much NE schools. UGonn for numerous reasons and BC hasn’t been relevant in forever and I have never watched a BC game besides their bowl game against UC a few years ago in which we pounded them.

I don’t see all 7 ACC getting into Big Ten or SEC but could be wrong. Here’s my hope

Arizona
Arizona St
Colorado
Utah/SDSU

Pitt
Louisville
Miami FL/Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech/Duke/NC State

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - goodknightfl - 05-16-2023 07:07 AM

If you had 4 out west, Pitt, UL, GT, plus one (Duke, NC st?) would make a nice 20. Would greatly improve travel for the eastern wing.

Assuming Big adds Oregon n W State, VA, and UM would be good adds, SEC could take FSU, Clemson, NC, VT.

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - Kruciff - 05-16-2023 08:36 AM

I'm telling you guys, Miami is going to be on the outside in. All of South Florida, Big 12 territory.

Pitt, Louisville, Miami, +best remaining (VT?, GT?, NC State)

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - BearcatJerry - 05-16-2023 09:02 AM

(05-16-2023 08:36 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  I'm telling you guys, Miami is going to be on the outside in. All of South Florida, Big 12 territory.

Pitt, Louisville, Miami, +best remaining (VT?, GT?, NC State)

Right now it's all just speculation... Miami may indeed be "on the outside looking in." At which point, the calculus changes.

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - MidknightWhiskey - 05-16-2023 10:37 AM

It's always fun to play realignment scenarios but over half the ACC is dead weight including some of those in the spiteful seven. There are some schools that would be great adds for us but many being casually mentioned I don't see as being additive.

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - MidknightWhiskey - 05-16-2023 10:40 AM

(05-16-2023 10:37 AM)MidknightWhiskey Wrote:  It's always fun to play realignment scenarios but over half the ACC is dead weight including some of those in the spiteful seven. There are some schools that would be great adds for us but many being casually mentioned I don't see as being additive.

In addition to that they're locked into their GOR, which they renewed, until 2036. They did that so get ESPN to build them their precious ACC network. Talk to us in 13 years. 07-coffee3

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - doss2 - 05-16-2023 12:40 PM

How many teams are required to end the GOR?

I think all but Wake, BC, Syracuse, GT and perhaps Miami would end up in BIG, SEC or B12. Those pay better than the ACC.

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - MidknightWhiskey - 05-16-2023 02:15 PM

(05-16-2023 12:40 PM)doss2 Wrote:  How many teams are required to end the GOR?

I think all but Wake, BC, Syracuse, GT and perhaps Miami would end up in BIG, SEC or B12. Those pay better than the ACC.

You are massively overestimating the value of almost all of those schools. How many are more valuable than Oregon & Washington? The Big 10 isn't taking those two and they've been begging them to get in.

I'm guessing you have some proximity bias on the value that Pitt & Louisville have. Same with me on Miami & GT.

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - vabearcat - 05-16-2023 03:12 PM

No to UConn. Hell no to BC (they have zero following).

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - Once a Knight... - 05-17-2023 12:35 AM

(05-16-2023 03:12 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  No to UConn. Hell no to BC (they have zero following).
Agreed no to NE schools with zero football following or success. Syracuse and BC need to join the Big East with UConn. Maybe Duke and WF join them as well, though I think the B12 could have interest in Duke at a minimum.

Sent from my LM-G820 using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - cincy7718 - 05-19-2023 03:09 PM

(05-15-2023 10:01 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  No offense but Pitt does not have "a huge rivalry" with UC. They do with WVU, but not UC.

Not saying the B12 doesn't go after them, but let's be honest: the "River Cities Rivalry" trophy got traded into a pawn shop right after the last game. The "Civil CONFLict" was a "bigger rivalry" than Pitt/Cincinnati.

Now the Keg'O'Nails...

I believe he was saying WVU has a huge rivalry with pitt and UC has a huge rivalry with louisville.

I dont think he was suggesting WVU/louisville and UC/Pitt to be huge rivalries.

RE: An Eastern Big XII flank - Bear Catlett - 05-19-2023 07:11 PM

OK, somebody make it happen.