CSNbbs
xii expansion - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: xii expansion (/thread-968251.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: xii expansion - Atlanta - 05-09-2023 09:30 AM

(05-09-2023 09:29 AM)Unionman76 Wrote:  
(05-09-2023 09:24 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(05-09-2023 06:49 AM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  
(05-09-2023 06:17 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(05-08-2023 12:35 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  May be a crap conference, but let's do like Louisville and USM did and own it in football, and decimate it in basketball...like we did in the Fredo years.

Has the been any hint since Norvell left that our FB program under Silverfield can "dominate"? So, obviously that's not a priority with our admin.

Damn bro - you even wake up negative. Mercy.

Ever wake up without your blue glasses to simple see the facts? It is as simple as who has been the coach since 2020? Personally I don't see facts as either positive or negative rather just objective reality. Apparently you're of the type that if you don't like reality, you simply ignore the facts. But hey, I hope we dominate the AAC, GTG!

Didn’t we have one of the better overall football record in the aac

Yes from 2014-2020, the best record in the conference.

RE: xii expansion - tigerfan39 - 05-09-2023 10:30 AM

(05-08-2023 12:35 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  May be a crap conference, but let's do like Louisville and USM did and own it in football, and decimate it in basketball...like we did in the Fredo years.

Has the been any hint since Norvell left that our FB program under Silverfield can "dominate"? So, obviously that's not a priority with our admin.

Ever wake up without your blue glasses to simple see the facts? It is as simple as who has been the coach since 2020? Personally I don't see facts as either positive or negative rather just objective reality. Apparently you're of the type that if you don't like reality, you simply ignore the facts. But hey, I hope we dominate the AAC, GTG!

Under Silverfied, we've...
Beaten Navy at Navy
Beaten Central Florida
Won a bowl game

Would I like a better record? YES. But y'all act like he's incapable of coaching.
Just some more facts to noodle on.

RE: xii expansion - Irish - 05-09-2023 10:44 AM

(05-09-2023 10:30 AM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  

Beaten Navy at Navy
Beaten Central Florida
Won a bowl game

Would I like a better record? YES. But y'all act like he's incapable of coaching.
We had two home run hires. That doesn’t happen often. This is a good job with excellent facilities and good track record over the last 10–15 years. If we want to continue being see as desirable job, we don’t need to be firing coaches every two or three years. This year will tell the tail. In the meantime, buy yourself some blue sunglasses and relax.

RE: xii expansion - Eagleonpar - 05-09-2023 10:56 AM

(05-09-2023 10:44 AM)Irish Wrote:  
(05-09-2023 06:17 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  Has the been any hint since Norvell left that our FB program under Silverfield can "dominate"? So, obviously that's not a priority with our admin.

Beaten Navy at Navy
Beaten Central Florida
Won a bowl game

We had two home run hires. That doesn’t happen often. This is a good job with excellent facilities and good track record over the last 10–15 years. If we want to continue being see as desirable job, we don’t need to be firing coaches every two or three years. This year will tell the tail. In the meantime, buy yourself some blue sunglasses and relax.

How many times have we fired a coach after only 2 years ? I can think of only 1 time in football and 3 in hoops. If anything we stick with mediocre or bad coaches way way too long. But hey if 3-5 in the league is good for y’all …

RE: xii expansion - Atlanta - 05-09-2023 11:15 AM

Beaten Navy at Navy
Beaten Central Florida
Won a bowl game

3-5 in-conference the last two seasons = incapable of dominating the AAC as several have indicated we need to accomplish.

RE: xii expansion - beanburrito - 05-09-2023 11:45 AM

(05-08-2023 01:26 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  

That is what it boils down to, if we want to improve our chances to join a better conference we have to start dominating our current conference. If we don't do that we will be in conference purgatory forever.

We have to have a sweet 16 next season and we need to play for the football conf championship. Anything less and we slip even further.

Right, just keep moving the goal posts.

We've had 9 straight years of bowl games, a Cotton Bowl appearance and 2 straight NCAA tournament appearances along with winning 18 games or more in basketball for 20 years straight.

It's our administrations fault we haven't moved up, mostly by their incredibly poor marketing of our programs and their achievements. All we ever heard about with UCF was their "National Championship", we never heard squat about them going 0-12 three years before. Yet to this day we hear about the Porter years and that sticks because the marketing of our university by the administration has failed.

RE: xii expansion - Eagleonpar - 05-09-2023 11:54 AM

(05-09-2023 11:45 AM)beanburrito Wrote:  
(05-08-2023 01:26 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  

That is what it boils down to, if we want to improve our chances to join a better conference we have to start dominating our current conference. If we don't do that we will be in conference purgatory forever.

We have to have a sweet 16 next season and we need to play for the football conf championship. Anything less and we slip even further.

Right, just keep moving the goal posts.

We've had 9 straight years of bowl games, a Cotton Bowl appearance and 2 straight NCAA tournament appearances along with winning 18 games or more in basketball for 20 years straight.

It's our administrations fault we haven't moved up, mostly by their incredibly poor marketing of our programs and their achievements. All we ever heard about with UCF was their "National Championship", we never heard squat about them going 0-12 three years before. Yet to this day we hear about the Porter years and that sticks because the marketing of our university by the administration has failed.

It’s really nobody’s fault why we haven’t moved up. We have a bad market all the way around. But nobody wants to hear the truth

RE: xii expansion - Stammers - 05-09-2023 12:05 PM

Quote:You whiners turn EVERY THREAD INTO A CRITICIZE THE COACH thread - even when he is clearly out performing JP, the darling of many you. And BTW, I'm far from a Tubby lover, but I'm a fan & support the program. All the whining & complaining & regurgitating everything you don't like about Tubby ad nauseum gets very old - especially when the team is clearly better than anything on the floor for Memphis in the last 3 yrs. Tubby's contract hasn't changed since he came to Memphis & yet another thread to complain - all the while recruits we want tell us critical fans discourage their interest in Memphis.....SMH.

What was your priority when you were bitching at the entire board for complaining about Tubby and complaining about the effect on recruiting the negativism on the board was having? What was your priority when you were happy with the admin, happy with the basketbal program, happy with Tubby and wanted him to stay for 5 years?

What a hypocrite.

RE: xii expansion - Stammers - 05-09-2023 12:06 PM

Atlanta 2018
Quote:You whiners turn EVERY THREAD INTO A CRITICIZE THE COACH thread - even when he is clearly out performing JP, the darling of many you. And BTW, I'm far from a Tubby lover, but I'm a fan & support the program. All the whining & complaining & regurgitating everything you don't like about Tubby ad nauseum gets very old - especially when the team is clearly better than anything on the floor for Memphis in the last 3 yrs. Tubby's contract hasn't changed since he came to Memphis & yet another thread to complain - all the while recruits we want tell us critical fans discourage their interest in Memphis.....SMH.

RE: xii expansion - jsw3ent - 05-09-2023 12:41 PM

Beaten Navy at Navy
Beaten Central Florida
Won a bowl game

Yeah---beat three powerhouses ---and even Arkansas State and North Alabama-----WOW maybe we might even beat those powers Bethune Cookman and Charlotte this season------now wouldn't that be something-----that would move the needle for us and get the attention of the college football world ---just like those Navy/UCF/bowl game victories

RE: xii expansion - Eagleonpar - 05-09-2023 01:32 PM

(05-09-2023 12:41 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  
(05-09-2023 06:17 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  Has the been any hint since Norvell left that our FB program under Silverfield can "dominate"? So, obviously that's not a priority with our admin.

Beaten Navy at Navy
Beaten Central Florida
Won a bowl game

Yeah---beat three powerhouses ---and even Arkansas State and North Alabama-----WOW maybe we might even beat those powers Bethune Cookman and Charlotte this season------now wouldn't that be something-----that would move the needle for us and get the attention of the college football world ---just like those Navy/UCF/bowl game victories

I just got an email about tickets for the game in St Louis. How many of our “good fans” are gonna make the 300 mile trip?

RE: xii expansion - Browning Hall - 05-09-2023 01:36 PM

When was the last time we dominated a conference (or anything else) in football? Incoming UAB has beaten us something like 10 of 15 times. They’re not afraid of being dominated.

We had nice runs under Fuente and Norvell and some of you act like we’re world-beaters. Those two combined had an overall record of 44-32 at Memphis. We had a record of 75-126 in CUSA. Though I wish it were true, the revamped AAC is not beneath us.

RE: xii expansion - Eagleonpar - 05-09-2023 01:45 PM

(05-09-2023 01:36 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  When was the last time we dominated a conference (or anything else) in football? Incoming UAB has beaten us something like 10 of 15 times. They’re not afraid of being dominated.

We had nice runs under Fuente and Norvell and some of you act like we’re world-beaters. Those two combined had an overall record of 44-32 at Memphis. We had a record of 75-126 in CUSA. Though I wish it were true, the revamped AAC is not beneath us.

So you’re happy with 3-5? We had nice runs under two coaches which is a decade. I guess we should just be happy and tailgate now ?

RE: xii expansion - Stammers - 05-09-2023 02:30 PM

(05-09-2023 01:45 PM)Eagleonpar Wrote:  
(05-09-2023 01:36 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  When was the last time we dominated a conference (or anything else) in football? Incoming UAB has beaten us something like 10 of 15 times. They’re not afraid of being dominated.

So you’re happy with 3-5? We had nice runs under two coaches which is a decade. I guess we should just be happy and tailgate now ?

Some of our weirdo fans love talking this nonsense. Nobody is happy. The point is; our run was an outlier when you compare it to the rest of our history. Does it mean that we should be happy? Nobody is making that idiotic argument. It can be done, but the bottom line is that a lot of programs that should be successful, fall on tough times.

Arkansas went 8 years without being ranked in the not so distant past. UCLA ended the season unranked 20 out of the last 23 years before last year. Florida State went 5 years without being ranked. UT was unranked 12 out of the last 14 years before last year. We might never reach those heights again, or it might take a while before we do.

So of course nobody is happy, and we all hope for the absolute best for the program moving forward. I will say this about Silverfield, and it should be obvious to everyone. It is much more likely that you can turn around a program that is 13-12 over two seasons with 8 of the losses by a combined 29 points, than it is to turn around a program with a similar record that isn't competitive in many games.

Will it happen? Who knows? So technically yes, all you can do is support the team. Bonus points on the hysterics for calling a 6 year run, a decade.

RE: xii expansion - Eagleonpar - 05-09-2023 02:31 PM

(05-09-2023 02:30 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

Some of our weirdo fans love talking this nonsense. Nobody is happy. The point is; our run was an outlier when you compare it to the rest of our history. Does it mean that we should be happy? Nobody is making that idiotic argument. It can be done, but the bottom line is that a lot of programs that should be successful, fall on tough times.

Arkansas went 8 years without being ranked in the not so distant past. UCLA ended the season unranked 20 out of the last 23 years before last year. Florida State went 5 years without being ranked. UT was unranked 12 out of the last 14 years before last year. We might never reach those heights again, or it might take a while before we do.

So of course nobody is happy, and we all hope for the absolute best for the program moving forward. I will say this about Silverfield, and it should be obvious to everyone. It is much more likely that you can turn around a program that is 13-12 over two seasons with 8 of the losses by a combined 29 points, than it is to turn around a program with a similar record that isn't competitive in many games.

Will it happen? Who knows? So technically yes, all you can do is support the team.

Hey I hope he can succeed. Seems like a nice guy. I just don’t see it. He makes the same mistakes every game.

RE: xii expansion - Browning Hall - 05-09-2023 02:33 PM

Not sure I understand how you got that out of what I said. I’m not at all happy with 3-5. Tiger football and happy? C’mon.

It would be great to dominate a conference. History tells me that’s not going to happen. It rarely happens for anyone other than a handful of schools.

RE: xii expansion - memtigbb - 05-09-2023 03:27 PM

(05-09-2023 02:33 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  

Not sure I understand how you got that out of what I said. I’m not at all happy with 3-5. Tiger football and happy? C’mon.

It would be great to dominate a conference. History tells me that’s not going to happen. It rarely happens for anyone other than a handful of schools.

and those other schools move up from their success. if we want to move up we have to take care of business in our current conference. if we cant, we wont move up. it is really that simple.

RE: xii expansion - tpaw09 - 05-09-2023 04:06 PM

(05-09-2023 01:32 PM)Eagleonpar Wrote:  
(05-09-2023 06:49 AM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  Damn bro - you even wake up negative. Mercy.

Beaten Navy at Navy
Beaten Central Florida
Won a bowl game

I just got an email about tickets for the game in St Louis. How many of our “good fans” are gonna make the 300 mile trip?

Bringing 5 with me

RE: xii expansion - Unionman76 - 05-09-2023 06:13 PM

missouri has legal recreational weed

just saying

RE: xii expansion - jsw3ent - 05-09-2023 06:31 PM

(05-09-2023 01:32 PM)Eagleonpar Wrote:  
(05-09-2023 06:49 AM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  Damn bro - you even wake up negative. Mercy.

Beaten Navy at Navy
Beaten Central Florida
Won a bowl game

Yeah--me too--I got the e-mail