CSNbbs
Toledo - Tennessee game time - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Toledo - Tennessee game time (/thread-967416.html)

Toledo - Tennessee game time - adunifon - 03-19-2023 05:58 AM

6pm Monday — espn2

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - eastisbest - 03-19-2023 07:02 AM

Hate to hope any earlier game they're showing runs late but everytime it does, ESPN throws our game onto ESPN3 where I can watch it so..

Best game ladies!

Toledo - Tennessee game time - emanoh - 03-19-2023 02:08 PM

I know the NCAA women's tourament wants butts in seats, but have you looked at the tourament locations? In nearly every bracket they are either playing in the city of a higher ranked team or the same state. It's complete favoritism to the higher ranked teams. I understand the economics associated with selling tickets.

So in the Lady Rocket's bracket Tenn gets a home game the first couple of rounds. Does anyone else think it's garbage that they do this?

Which team is the home team? Do the Volunteers get to use their home locker room? Eat at their home training table, have access to training and workout facilities, etc? They obviously get to sleep in their own beds, etc. While lower seeded teams have to truck in and play out of a suitcase.

I'm guessing the home court advantage will be 10K fans to our 3k. We all want UT to shock the world, but a good portion of the deck is dealt to the higher ranked teams.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - eastisbest - 03-19-2023 02:22 PM

Well, it is how we did NIT. Hard to be too critical on the system. And I'm always saying we should be selling the soul so our teams get to experience some of the iconic places, be it football or basketball at least once in their three year cycle.

THey're trying to build a market. It's insane that Toledo is putting more butts in the seat than these major programs. If putting it someplace that has potential to fill the seats for tv is necessary, it's the price to pay.

Should be fun for our team. Remember when ND said they wanted to come here to experience atmosphere? Our team should get to experience an amazing atmosphere in Tenn.

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - MidnightBlueGold - 03-19-2023 03:41 PM

(03-19-2023 02:08 PM)emanoh Wrote:  I know the NCAA women's tourament wants butts in seats, but have you looked at the tourament locations? In nearly every bracket they are either playing in the city of a higher ranked team or the same state. It's complete favoritism to the higher ranked teams. I understand the economics associated with selling tickets.

So in the Lady Rocket's bracket Tenn gets a home game the first couple of rounds. Does anyone else think it's garbage that they do this?

Which team is the home team? Do the Volunteers get to use their home locker room? Eat at their home training table, have access to training and workout facilities, etc? They obviously get to sleep in their own beds, etc. While lower seeded teams have to truck in and play out of a suitcase.

I'm guessing the home court advantage will be 10K fans to our 3k. We all want UT to shock the world, but a good portion of the deck is dealt to the higher ranked teams.

The women's tournament is held at all the top 4 seeds home courts. Yes, they get to use their facilities. Yes, it is an advantage.

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - northcoastRocket - 03-19-2023 04:42 PM

Tennessee pre-game press conferences:

I had not realized that one of Tennessee's starters is Jordan Walker, who played her 1st two seasons at WMU. She doesn't score a lot, but is a distributor who doesn't turn the ball over much. She's also one of only 2 Vols who get minutes that is not at least 6'1

Toledo - Tennessee game time - adunifon - 03-19-2023 06:33 PM

(03-19-2023 07:02 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Hate to hope any earlier game they're showing runs late but everytime it does, ESPN throws our game onto ESPN3 where I can watch it so..

Best game ladies!

Don’t believe there is a game prior on espn2.

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - eastisbest - 03-19-2023 06:49 PM

(03-19-2023 06:33 PM)adunifon Wrote:  
(03-19-2023 07:02 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Hate to hope any earlier game they're showing runs late but everytime it does, ESPN throws our game onto ESPN3 where I can watch it so..

Best game ladies!

Don’t believe there is a game prior on espn2.

Drat. Play by play it is I guess.

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - kazoorocket43 - 03-19-2023 09:18 PM

(03-19-2023 02:08 PM)emanoh Wrote:  I know the NCAA women's tourament wants butts in seats, but have you looked at the tourament locations? In nearly every bracket they are either playing in the city of a higher ranked team or the same state. It's complete favoritism to the higher ranked teams. I understand the economics associated with selling tickets.

I think giving the top four teams two home games is crazy in a national championship tournament. Because the NCAA games are more highly attended, the visitors are subjected to overwhelming home team support. The advantage given to the home team is too large a burden against their high seed opponents. IMO this approach devalues the women's baskeball championship.

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - emanoh - 03-19-2023 11:00 PM

(03-19-2023 09:18 PM)kazoorocket43 Wrote:  

I think giving the top four teams two home games is crazy in a national championship tournament. Because the NCAA games are more highly attended, the visitors are subjected to overwhelming home team support. The advantage given to the home team is too large a burden against their high seed opponents. IMO this approach devalues the women's baskeball championship.
I agree. Yes we bought our home games in the NIT, but everyone knows that is how it works in that tournament. In the NCAA's it's sort of BS, it's rigged to the P5 schools before you even tip off.

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - H2Oville Rocket - 03-19-2023 11:54 PM

(03-19-2023 11:00 PM)emanoh Wrote:  

I agree. Yes we bought our home games in the NIT, but everyone knows that is how it works in that tournament. In the NCAA's it's sort of BS, it's rigged to the P5 schools before you even tip off.

If the WNIT operated like the NCAAs there is no way Southern Cal plays at Toledo.

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - kazoorocket43 - 03-20-2023 07:16 AM

(03-19-2023 11:54 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(03-19-2023 11:00 PM)emanoh Wrote:  

If the WNIT operated like the NCAAs there is no way Southern Cal plays at Toledo.

Doesn.t matter how the NIT organizes its tournament. Its not a national championship. IMO its a post season tournament for the entertainment of teams which did not quality for the national championship. No one other than the winner cares about who wins.

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - Babes boy - 03-20-2023 08:12 AM

Good luck ladies, and play your game, not theirs.

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - UofToledoFans - 03-20-2023 12:10 PM

Just looked at the Lady Vol board. They have one familiar face on their team. Jasmine Franklin. She tore her ACL against us for Missouri State last season... she will be out to get us playing her last game as a volunteer (hopefully).

Toledo - Tennessee game time - adunifon - 03-20-2023 01:46 PM

(03-20-2023 12:10 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Just looked at the Lady Vol board. They have one familiar face on their team. Jasmine Franklin. She tore her ACL against us for Missouri State last season... she will be out to get us playing her last game as a volunteer (hopefully).

Find it funny that she’s out for revenge as if we literally took her knee and ripped her acl with our hands.

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - UofToledoFans - 03-20-2023 01:48 PM

(03-20-2023 01:46 PM)adunifon Wrote:  
(03-20-2023 12:10 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Just looked at the Lady Vol board. They have one familiar face on their team. Jasmine Franklin. She tore her ACL against us for Missouri State last season... she will be out to get us playing her last game as a volunteer (hopefully).

Find it funny that she’s out for revenge as if we literally took her knee and ripped her acl with our hands.

Right ha. I guess their pg started at WMU as well?

Edit: Jordan Walker last played against us in 2019-2020. She beat us twice with 20 and 21 pts respectively. We were 14-17 that season.

She's a redshirt transfer senior.

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - Rocket_Fanatic - 03-20-2023 02:54 PM

Just made it to Knoxville. Not that optimistic but stranger things have happened. Win or lose, great season

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - MotoRocket - 03-21-2023 03:09 PM

Well that was ugly.

NCAA to host a second Women's tourney in 2024? - Pulltown Falcon - 03-21-2023 05:26 PM

(03-19-2023 11:54 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  If the WNIT operated like the NCAAs there is no way Southern Cal plays at Toledo.

The NCAA is looking to host a tourney next similar to the WNIT but will be called something different. Interesting reading -

https://frontofficesports.com/ncaa-host-wnit/

QUESTION - Why not just expand the current tournaments for both the men and women?

RE: Toledo - Tennessee game time - MidnightBlueGold - 03-21-2023 07:15 PM

(03-21-2023 05:26 PM)Pulltown Falcon Wrote:  
(03-19-2023 11:54 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  If the WNIT operated like the NCAAs there is no way Southern Cal plays at Toledo.

The NCAA is looking to host a tourney next similar to the WNIT but will be called something different. Interesting reading -

https://frontofficesports.com/ncaa-host-wnit/

QUESTION - Why not just expand the current tournaments for both the men and women?

No thanks. 68 is just fine. 1) I bet the majority of the expanded field would go to the 'big name' conferences/teams. 2) Say they expand it to 96 - top 8 seeds per region would get a buy, then 9 v 24; 10 v 23; etc. A lot of these big upsets with the 'small' school beating the blue bloods would not happen. And the top 8 seeds would get an advantage by having a bye.