CSNbbs
Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) (/thread-965515.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - fallsdog - 02-19-2023 10:14 AM

Kent State will travel approximately 125 miles across the state line to meet Ball State in Muncie Indiana on Tuesday evening. The Cardinals and the Flashes are one of the headliners in the Mid American Conference version of Super Tuesday. BSU was on a six game heater before losing to Western Michigan in Kalamazoo over the weekend. They are now 10-4 in MAC play, two games behind KSU and Toledo and a game behind Akron.

The Zips and Rockets will also meet on Tuesday, this one at Savage Hall on the campus of The University of Toledo. These two games are the obvious headliners as they could clear the picture and/or muddy the waters by the time Wednesday rolls around.

But they aren't the only big games on Tuesday. The fifth and sixth place teams also hook up with NIU (7-7) traveling to Athens to take on the Bobcats (8-6). Ohio University still has a shot at the #4 seed. They will be pulling for KSU on Tuesday.

The seventh and eight seeds play on Tuesday as well with Central Michigan (5-9) heading to Buffalo (6-8). A Central Michigan win could just about put an end to any hopes that BG, Miami, EMU and WMU have at earning the 8 seed.

Dang. So what does all this mean for Kent State? I think its simple...

BEAT BALL STATE!

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - bopol - 02-19-2023 11:09 AM

Kent State 413
Ball State 0

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - Muskrat - 02-20-2023 07:04 PM

It's a big game, to be sure. I was looking at the remaining schedule and all these games will be interesting:

Kent State @ Ball State
Ohio @ Kent State
Akron @ Kent State
Akron @ Toledo
Ball State @ Akron
Toledo @ Ball State

Ohio has the easiest remaining schedule. If they are able to win at Kent State, they will have won 9 in a row and 11 of their last 13. As someone commented earlier, I'd hate to be the #4 seed if Ohio stays at #5. As noted above, Kent State has three tough games, as does Akron and Ball State. Toledo has two and Ohio just the one. If I have all the tiebreakers right, Kent State and Akron are the only teams who control their own destiny at this time for the #1 seed and at least a share of the regular season title. Toledo controls their own destiny for at least a share of the title, but not for the #1 seed.

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - AlphaFlash - 02-21-2023 09:28 AM

(02-20-2023 07:04 PM)Muskrat Wrote:  It's a big game, to be sure. I was looking at the remaining schedule and all these games will be interesting:

Kent State @ Ball State
Ohio @ Kent State
Akron @ Kent State
Akron @ Toledo
Ball State @ Akron
Toledo @ Ball State

Ohio has the easiest remaining schedule. If they are able to win at Kent State, they will have won 9 in a row and 11 of their last 13. As someone commented earlier, I'd hate to be the #4 seed if Ohio stays at #5. As noted above, Kent State has three tough games, as does Akron and Ball State. Toledo has two and Ohio just the one. If I have all the tiebreakers right, Kent State and Akron are the only teams who control their own destiny at this time for the #1 seed and at least a share of the regular season title. Toledo controls their own destiny for at least a share of the title, but not for the #1 seed.

This is a hard one for me. After last year (and remembering 2000) I hate going into the tournament in a huge winning streak. However, we want to avoid the #2 seed and the only way I see that happening is winning out. I guess I just have to hope we win the next 8 games.

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - Old Man Flash - 02-21-2023 10:02 AM

(02-21-2023 09:28 AM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  
(02-20-2023 07:04 PM)Muskrat Wrote:  It's a big game, to be sure. I was looking at the remaining schedule and all these games will be interesting:

Kent State @ Ball State
Ohio @ Kent State
Akron @ Kent State
Akron @ Toledo
Ball State @ Akron
Toledo @ Ball State

This is a hard one for me. After last year (and remembering 2000) I hate going into the tournament in a huge winning streak. However, we want to avoid the #2 seed and the only way I see that happening is winning out. I guess I just have to hope we win the next 8 games.

Winning our next 8 games has us winning our 1st NCAA tourney game. I like it!

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - Muskrat - 02-21-2023 11:21 AM

I understand what you're saying, AlphaFlash, but fortunately (unfortunately?) I have no control over who beats whom. Earlier in the season I had thought that just maybe this season would be a rare one in which Kent State would totally dominate the MAC. But there 4 or 5 teams (I'm not totally sold on Ball State) that could win the MAC tournament.

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - fallsdog - 02-21-2023 12:55 PM

Like I said, the picture could become clearer, or quite muddy after tonight.

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - Polish Hammer - 02-21-2023 08:00 PM

Balls Tate’s head coach is livid and ought to be tossed for how he’s acting right now. Their shooter did exactly what Sullinger got TD up for a few games ago.

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - Polish Hammer - 02-21-2023 08:01 PM

So no T for the coach for his outburst?!? And they get the makeup call coming back down the other end? SMH…

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - Polish Hammer - 02-21-2023 08:03 PM

Nice Trey by Sullinger to take the lead into the half 33-32.

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - fallsdog - 02-21-2023 08:05 PM

We’ve got a ballgame in Muncie.

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - Polish Hammer - 02-21-2023 08:28 PM

A little home cooking and us being flat is letting this one get out of hand quickly.

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - dannyb73 - 02-21-2023 08:31 PM

(02-21-2023 08:28 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  A little home cooking and us being flat is letting this one get out of hand quickly.

Bummer to lay an egg tonight. But at least we aren't down 30 like Akron.

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - Polish Hammer - 02-21-2023 08:42 PM

That’s not over the top AND out of bounds on white? And are these refs getting paid by the foul? Some of them were absolutely garbage.

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - Polish Hammer - 02-21-2023 08:47 PM

Number 5 looks like he has clown shoes on, one orange and one neon blue, good thing the team colors are red, white and black.07-coffee3

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - Polish Hammer - 02-21-2023 08:51 PM

(02-21-2023 08:42 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  That’s not over the top AND out of bounds on white? And are these refs getting paid by the foul? Some of them were absolutely garbage.
A simple box out for a rebound is now a foul? And that’s his 4th, get to the bench with the other guys in foul trouble.

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - fallsdog - 02-21-2023 09:01 PM

Toledo and Ball State. Dang.

Beat BG!

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - Polish Hammer - 02-21-2023 09:06 PM

Keep leaving guys wide open and that’s how you trail by double digits. They’re knocking them down when they’re open.

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - HenryMuto - 02-21-2023 09:07 PM

Disappointing night with both Kent State and Xavier losing for me.

Sucks I hate nights like this.

RE: Kent State @ Ball State (Super Tuesday in the MAC) - fallsdog - 02-21-2023 09:07 PM

And OU and EMU with big wins. Buffalo too.