CSNbbs
2023 MAC Men’s Basketball Tournament Bracket - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: 2023 MAC Men’s Basketball Tournament Bracket (/thread-964708.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

2023 MAC Men’s Basketball Tournament Bracket - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 02-06-2023 06:47 PM

NIU is currently 6-4 in MAC play with eight games remaining. Here is the remaining schedule and records:

2/07/2023 Ohio 4-6
2/11/2023 Western Michigan 2-8
2/14/2023 at Ball State 7-3
2/18/2023 Miami 1-9
2/21/2023 at Ohio 4-6
2/25/2023 at Central Michigan 3-7
2/28/2023 Buffalo 5-5
3/03/2023 Eastern Michigan 3-7

Only one future team with a MAC record better than NIU.

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - nbcards - 02-06-2023 07:24 PM

Odds would say above average to mac mbb tournament but I'm not sure I'm ready to bet they will make it lol

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - CollegeMan33 - 02-06-2023 08:46 PM

Huskies win Tomorrow night I’d say there chance of making tournament is 80%. Huskies win tomorrow and Saturday they’re in.

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 02-09-2023 10:47 AM

As of today, the best the team can finish in conference play is 13 - 5.

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - Klake1987 - 02-09-2023 01:18 PM

If you told me they would have a greater than .500 record in MAC, I would have said your crazy. I expect them to be 11-7 minimum. Joining th crazy train

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - CollegeMan33 - 02-09-2023 01:33 PM

I’d say they finish 10-8 at best but more likely 9-9

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - pantone1935 - 02-09-2023 02:43 PM

I say 10-8, but in reality it will end up 10-9.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - randyfensfanclub1 - 02-09-2023 04:47 PM

25-1 on one link I saw. Opened around 100-1.

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - holybovine - 02-09-2023 11:19 PM

Since we won’t be in the MAC Tournament, I’ll be rooting for you guys to upset all those ******** from Ohio.

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - Schaefer Beer - 02-10-2023 01:50 AM

(02-09-2023 11:19 PM)holybovine Wrote:  Since we won’t be in the MAC Tournament, I’ll be rooting for you guys to upset all those ******** from Ohio.

HB, Thank you! i will admit that i really haven't followed other MAC teams and was taken aback by your statement. I just assumed that EMU was a shoe in for the MAC tourney with Bates.

I just looked up your schedule and can say we can share your pain in your losses to UC San Diego and Niagara as we lost to Albany and Illinois Springfield.

We know what a shattered season of great expectations(Football for us) can feel like and the only comfort i can offer at this point is hang in there and pray it can't get any worse and hope it turns around next season.

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 02-10-2023 05:59 PM

WMU travels to DeKalb tomorrow @ 4:00 PM EST

*Correction 3:00 PM CST

MBB Tournament Chances - Dog Fan - 02-10-2023 06:04 PM

(02-10-2023 05:59 PM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  WMU travels to DeKalb tomorrow @ 4:00 PM

3:00 pm our time (CST).

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - holybovine - 02-10-2023 10:49 PM

(02-10-2023 01:50 AM)Schaefer Beer Wrote:  
(02-09-2023 11:19 PM)holybovine Wrote:  Since we won’t be in the MAC Tournament, I’ll be rooting for you guys to upset all those ******** from Ohio.

HB, Thank you! i will admit that i really haven't followed other MAC teams and was taken aback by your statement. I just assumed that EMU was a shoe in for the MAC tourney with Bates.

I just looked up your schedule and can say we can share your pain in your losses to UC San Diego and Niagara as we lost to Albany and Illinois Springfield.

We know what a shattered season of great expectations(Football for us) can feel like and the only comfort i can offer at this point is hang in there and pray it can't get any worse and hope it turns around next season.

Thanks brother. I think this happens sometimes in basketball; where you may have some good individual players, but the sum of the whole is less than the individual parts.

EMU has a couple of all-conference players in Bates and Farrakhan, and a player who is frequently good in Acuff. However, if you are 15% better than average on offense, it doesn’t mean much if you are 20% below average on defense.

Huge missed opportunity since Bates and Farrakhan will likely be gone after this year. We’ll have to start over next year with less talent.

Oh well; go Huskies.

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 02-11-2023 06:10 PM

Best scenario is 13-5
Worst case is 7-11

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 02-12-2023 11:17 AM

02/14/2023 * at Ball State Muncie, Ind. 7:00 P.M.
02/18/2023 * Miami DeKalb, Ill. 4:30 P.M.
02/21/2023 * at Ohio Athens, Ohio 7:00 P.M.
02/25/2023 * at Central Michigan Mount Pleasant, Mich. TBA
02/28/2023 * Buffalo DeKalb, Ill. 8:00 P.M.
03/03/2023 * Eastern Michigan DeKalb, Ill. 8:00 P.M.

Note: All times EST

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - HuskiePride12 - 02-12-2023 12:06 PM

If they finish .500 on the season is a step in the right direction. Will help sell recruits for the next season too and possible transfer that can impact right away. Drastic change from about 3 weeks ago in the right direction. Let’s see if Burno can land another impact
Guy

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - Big Red - 02-12-2023 06:55 PM

(02-12-2023 12:06 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  If they finish .500 on the season is a step in the right direction. Will help sell recruits for the next season too and possible transfer that can impact right away. Drastic change from about 3 weeks ago in the right direction. Let’s see if Burno can land another impact
Guy

There's a JUCO center that he's got an offer out to that really intrigues me. Fella by the name of Jeriah Coleman. 7'0" athletic center. Initially went to St. Francis (PA) and transfer to JUCO. He's been getting a lot of offers as of late so Burno would have his work cut out for him.

In addition to NIU, he's got offers from (and, I believe all of these have come since NIU as I believe Burno made him his first offer this year): CSU Bakersfield, Morehead State, Abilene Christian, ULM, IUPUI, Southern Indiana.

Currently, Morehead State is pretty good and Abilene Christian and ULM are probably about on par with NIU. Bakersfield isn't all that great, same with Southern Indiana, and we all know IUPUI is terrible.

Btw, the kid is from Alaska where he went to HS (Anchorage) and went to prep school in Virginia.

I've not seen video of him yet at the JUCO level but the video of him at STF(PA) is quite interestring to say the least. He's not crushing it at Clarendon (JUCO) as he's a tick below 10 ppg. But this is, imo, 100% a kid Burno could develop on the inside. He's a 7 footer that moves like a guy who's much smaller. He runs and jumps well and is very active.

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - McG - 02-12-2023 07:19 PM

(02-12-2023 06:55 PM)Big Red Wrote:  
(02-12-2023 12:06 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  If they finish .500 on the season is a step in the right direction. Will help sell recruits for the next season too and possible transfer that can impact right away. Drastic change from about 3 weeks ago in the right direction. Let’s see if Burno can land another impact
Guy

There's a JUCO center that he's got an offer out to that really intrigues me. Fella by the name of Jeriah Coleman. 7'0" athletic center. Initially went to St. Francis (PA) and transfer to JUCO. He's been getting a lot of offers as of late so Burno would have his work cut out for him.

In addition to NIU, he's got offers from (and, I believe all of these have come since NIU as I believe Burno made him his first offer this year): CSU Bakersfield, Morehead State, Abilene Christian, ULM, IUPUI, Southern Indiana.

Currently, Morehead State is pretty good and Abilene Christian and ULM are probably about on par with NIU. Bakersfield isn't all that great, same with Southern Indiana, and we all know IUPUI is terrible.

Btw, the kid is from Alaska where he went to HS (Anchorage) and went to prep school in Virginia.

I've not seen video of him yet at the JUCO level but the video of him at STF(PA) is quite interestring to say the least. He's not crushing it at Clarendon (JUCO) as he's a tick below 10 ppg. But this is, imo, 100% a kid Burno could develop on the inside. He's a 7 footer that moves like a guy who's much smaller. He runs and jumps well and is very active.

Would be a nice get. Nice having depth in the post.

Hunter, Thornton, and Crump are the three graduating right? Not sure who’s really what anymore.

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - Big Red - 02-12-2023 07:51 PM

Guy

Here I go...

If everyone stays, they'll lose 3 players. An athletic big (Crump), a 3PT shooter (Hunter) and the PG (Thornton).

With that in mind and considering the offers they already have out, they have two spots to fill since Seck Zongo has already committed. It's been a minute since I watched or searched for video on Zongo and, just a real quick look tells me there isn't anything new and the best (only?) vid I could come up with was a highlight package from one particular AAU game that was hyped for some reason or another. It took a minute for me to figure out who he was but I seem to remember him being a workman-like swing forward who's strength was cleaning up. He was already built well but didn't look finished physically (but the video is about 8 to 10 months old). He's listed as the same height as Nutter but he looks a little longe but built similarly. If he put on an inch or two, he'd be getting into Jaylen Key territory.

(Note: there's a very good chance Ibarguen takes one of those scholarships as I think he's a walk-on)

After Zongo, I like Coleman, the JUCO center and that leaves one more. Coach as some interesting offers to some guards but, at this point, its really hard for me to predict how they can shoot from the outside.

Obviously, getting Williams and Russel back helps this position out immensely in a lot of aspects. I'd still like to add a guard (and I think Burno will always be looking to add athletic guards). I'm also starting to look at a guy like Taku Youngblood and suspecting he's a prime candidate to transfer to a lower level. Which is fine. It would also open up another slot. But, until that happens, I'm not going to speculate any further on that.

As for the last guard spot, there's some really intriguing guys Burno has already offered to. The one's that stand out the most to me are Jalen Griffith (Simeon), Jaylen Drane (The Skill Factory but also went to Simeon), AJ Dancler (Indianapolis), Trent Lincoln (Tampa), Braylen Blue (Sun Prairie), and Grant Gondrezick (Benton Harbor).

Griffith and Drayne are obvious Chicago guys who can play. Drayne is a guy I really try to like a lot but he's so thin that I worry if he'll be able to strengthen up. Granted, the only vid I can locate of him is from last year's state tournament and he could have hit puberty by now since it didn't look like it had happened at the time of the vid. Dancler is also short but he reminds me of Coit. He's just a guy who seems to be able to score from anywhere but I hate his jump shot. It goes in but he's going to have to fix it to succeed at the college level. Blue is bigger and has a ton of moxy. And I'm intrigued by Gondrezick because his dad played in the NBA although this one is much, much smaller.

Honestly, Burno has a lot of really intriguing offers out so far and you have to figure he's not done. We also obviously have no idea about transfers we might lose and as much as I'l basically like to keep everyone (I'm indifferent to Youngblood leaving), that is probably not realistic.

Anyway, we still have plenty of season to go and we're doing well. Its just the mere suggestion of "what does next year have to offer" just gets me going.

So, I promise, I won't bring up recruiting again until after the season!!!!

RE: MBB Tournament Chances - Big Red - 02-12-2023 07:52 PM

(02-12-2023 07:19 PM)McG Wrote:  
Guy

Would be a nice get. Nice having depth in the post.

Hunter, Thornton, and Crump are the three graduating right? Not sure who’s really what anymore.

Yes, but I think all 3 of them have the optional extra covid year available to them. Which doesn't affect our available scholarships.