CSNbbs
I was right about the OVC being... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: I was right about the OVC being... (/thread-963858.html)

I was right about the OVC being... - mjs - 01-21-2023 09:15 PM

really competitive with no team standing out. At the moment, 6 teams are tied for first place at 5-3. Obviously we are not one of those 6 teams. Still, I don't believe there is a team in the league we can't beat on a neutral floor. We aren't winning the regular season or finishing in the top 4 like I believed we would. At this point, we just need to keep improving, get into the tournament, be playing our best basketball before heading to the Ford Center in Evansville.

RE: I was right about the OVC being... - UALR92 - 01-22-2023 08:52 AM

I would wait and see if we can win a few on the road before we assume they can beat any of the OVC teams anywhere.

RE: I was right about the OVC being... - mjs - 01-22-2023 11:31 AM

(01-22-2023 08:52 AM)UALR92 Wrote:  I would wait and see if we can win a few on the road before we assume they can beat any of the OVC teams anywhere.

Yes, a road win would be nice.

RE: I was right about the OVC being... - mjs - 01-22-2023 12:10 PM

Just checked and we actually have 3 straight road games. All 3 teams are currently tied for first place. Winning anyone of those game will be a struggle. We really need to win one of them. Normally, I view a split on the road as a "success". Hard to look at going 1-2, as a success, but it might be in this case. Problem is that all our road games, except Lindenwood (who beat us at home) are against the teams tied for first place. We are going to have to win a couple of those if we want to go to the tournament. And, of course, stop losing home games.