CSNbbs
Kent State vs. Concord - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: Kent State vs. Concord (/thread-961870.html)

Kent State vs. Concord - fallsdog - 12-18-2022 10:35 AM

The Golden Flashes are in action tonight against Concord. The Golden Lions compete in Division…2, I believe. Bring a teddy bear to donate if you plan to attend.

Go Flashes.

RE: Kent State vs. Concord - Muskrat - 12-18-2022 05:18 PM

Anyone hear anything about when or if Odusipe is expected back?

RE: Kent State vs. Concord - Muskrat - 12-18-2022 06:30 PM

Never mind, I see he's back.

RE: Kent State vs. Concord - anti-zip - 12-18-2022 06:47 PM

The makeup of the end of our bench is going to help our ranking on the various systems. We look like a team that will have plenty of garbage time but with three walk-ons and two scholarship players redshirting, we don't have any non rotation players to play in garbage time. I can't remember a time that our garbage time lineup included players the caliber of Sullinger and Gio.

RE: Kent State vs. Concord - Muskrat - 12-18-2022 07:52 PM

(12-18-2022 06:47 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  The makeup of the end of our bench is going to help our ranking on the various systems. We look like a team that will have plenty of garbage time but with three walk-ons and two scholarship players redshirting, we don't have any non rotation players to play in garbage time. I can't remember a time that our garbage time lineup included players the caliber of Sullinger and Gio.

Certainly 1998/99, when the non-starters were Trevor Huffman, Geoff Vaughn, Eric Thomas, Nate Meers, Rashaun Warren, Al Moore and Ryan Lehrke. The first six of those non-starters were of starter caliber and even Ryan Lehrke, the walk-on, was tough. In fact, when Waters did his five-for-five substitutions that year he would include Lehrke if some others were unavailable. But that was a long time ago and your point is well taken.

RE: Kent State vs. Concord - cleveland - 12-18-2022 08:35 PM

(12-18-2022 07:52 PM)Muskrat Wrote:  
(12-18-2022 06:47 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  The makeup of the end of our bench is going to help our ranking on the various systems. We look like a team that will have plenty of garbage time but with three walk-ons and two scholarship players redshirting, we don't have any non rotation players to play in garbage time. I can't remember a time that our garbage time lineup included players the caliber of Sullinger and Gio.

Certainly 1998/99, when the non-starters were Trevor Huffman, Geoff Vaughn, Eric Thomas, Nate Meers, Rashaun Warren, Al Moore and Ryan Lehrke. The first six of those non-starters were of starter caliber and even Ryan Lehrke, the walk-on, was tough. In fact, when Waters did his five-for-five substitutions that year he would include Lehrke if some others were unavailable. But that was a long time ago and your point is well taken.

Ditto all of that ...

Vaughn was the absolute best backup post player who was physical and athletic. If not for a high school knee injury he was a P5 player in his era yet still very good on the MAC level. Also many folks forget Trevor was a sixth man his entire freshman and sophomore seasons ... the hard luck guy of the bunch was Moore who was actually ahead of his time. At 6-9 he'd be considered a quality stretch-4 by todays standards and like Vaughn quite likely would not have been a MAC/Kent player out of high school. Instead, he spent his entire career as the 7-8-9th man when he easily could have been a starter everywhere else in the league.

RE: Kent State vs. Concord - fallsdog - 12-19-2022 07:59 AM

None of those guys could hold a candle to the handsome fella who knocked down some three pointers every now and then and peaced out over Spring Break.

RE: Kent State vs. Concord - Muskrat - 12-19-2022 08:16 AM

When I think of the ability and depth of those teams in the late 90s and early 2000s, I shudder to think how today's liberalized transfer rules may have messed up those teams. I'm just glad that Carry and Jacobs have no more eligibility after this season.

RE: Kent State vs. Concord - GFlash68 - 12-19-2022 01:21 PM

Are you sure that Carry has no more eligibility? Carry is listed as a reds shirt senior. Doesn't that mean he has another year?

RE: Kent State vs. Concord - Muskrat - 12-19-2022 01:40 PM

(12-19-2022 01:21 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  Are you sure that Carry has no more eligibility? Carry is listed as a reds shirt senior. Doesn't that mean he has another year?

No, I'm not positive. I just assumed. I could very well be wrong. The extra season of eligibility due to COVID-19 may have changed everything.

RE: Kent State vs. Concord - anti-zip - 12-19-2022 03:40 PM

He played 2 full seasons at Duquesne. Left the team after 5 games in the free COVID year and now this is his second year at Kent. I'm 99.99% sure this is his last year of eligibility.

RE: Kent State vs. Concord - GFlash68 - 12-19-2022 07:28 PM

(12-19-2022 03:40 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  He played 2 full seasons at Duquesne. Left the team after 5 games in the free COVID year and now this is his second year at Kent. I'm 99.99% sure this is his last year of eligibility.

Sounds about right, I get confused when I look at a program and see one player as a sophomore and another as a R-sophomore.