CSNbbs
UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception (/thread-960433.html)

Pages: 1 2

UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - ArmoredUpKnight - 11-28-2022 01:58 PM

[Image: FirCEYpWIAAmype?format=jpg&name=medium]

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - Yosef181 - 11-28-2022 02:01 PM

East Carolina: the only small market school in the AAC, and the worst program since the conference's inception (according to the graphic).

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - ArmoredUpKnight - 11-28-2022 02:04 PM

(11-28-2022 02:01 PM)Yosef181 Wrote:  East Carolina: the only small market school in the AAC, and the worst program since the conference's inception (according to the graphic).

South Florida is the worst among the original members

ECU is worst among the current members

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - jgkojak - 11-28-2022 02:07 PM

UCF is a sleeping giant -moving to the B12, they will have a chance to do what TCU is doing this year, go undefeated and play for NC.

In a couple years with 12 team playoff, they could get in regularly - its a huge school in a large city without an NFL team and all sorts of NIL potential - they're going to be the biggest beneficiary of a conf move.

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - UNT15 - 11-28-2022 02:10 PM

(11-28-2022 02:04 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  
(11-28-2022 02:01 PM)Yosef181 Wrote:  East Carolina: the only small market school in the AAC, and the worst program since the conference's inception (according to the graphic).

We're looking forward to having USF and ECU on the schedule soon

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - bryanw1995 - 11-28-2022 02:12 PM

(11-28-2022 02:07 PM)jgkojak Wrote:  UCF is a sleeping giant -moving to the B12, they will have a chance to do what TCU is doing this year, go undefeated and play for NC.

In a couple years with 12 team playoff, they could get in regularly - its a huge school in a large city without an NFL team and all sorts of NIL potential - they're going to be the biggest beneficiary of a conf move.

UCF is going to get destroyed in the big 12 for a while. That's not a knock on them, but rather a comment on the strength of the nbig12 from top to bottom. I remember when A&M first moved to the SEC, it's different when every single game is a War, and that's what UCF is going to be facing as far as the huge increase in competitiveness from even the worst conference opponent. And you don't just have to win that game, but you have to be ready for 8 more just like it in quick succession. If UCF makes a bowl in half of their first 10 years then that has to be considered a success.

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - ArmoredUpKnight - 11-28-2022 02:21 PM

(11-28-2022 02:12 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  
(11-28-2022 02:07 PM)jgkojak Wrote:  UCF is a sleeping giant -moving to the B12, they will have a chance to do what TCU is doing this year, go undefeated and play for NC.

UCF is going to get destroyed in the big 12 for a while. That's not a knock on them, but rather a comment on the strength of the nbig12 from top to bottom. I remember when A&M first moved to the SEC, it's different when every single game is a War, and that's what UCF is going to be facing as far as the huge increase in competitiveness from even the worst conference opponent. And you don't just have to win that game, but you have to be ready for 8 more just like it in quick succession. If UCF makes a bowl in half of their first 10 years then that has to be considered a success.

I hope the Big 12 provides more competition than the Big East leftovers in the AAC did in 2013. UCF won that first season and using the BCS tag won the Fiesta Bowl vs Baylor.

So I'll reserve judgement till next season.

This is only Gus Malzahn's 2nd season with UCF, we are still in rebuilding mode.

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - Claw - 11-28-2022 02:24 PM

Nobody cares.

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - bryanw1995 - 11-28-2022 02:32 PM

(11-28-2022 02:21 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  

I hope the Big 12 provides more competition than the Big East leftovers in the AAC did in 2013. UCF won that first season and using the BCS tag won the Fiesta Bowl vs Baylor.

So I'll reserve judgement till next season.

This is only Gus Malzahn's 2nd season with UCF, we are still in rebuilding mode.

Malzahn was a great hire for you guys, I forgot he was there. He'll certainly be ready for the big 12.

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - Alanda - 11-28-2022 02:33 PM

Memphis would be higher if we hadn't fallen off. We've gone 3-5 in conference the last two seasons.

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - goodknightfl - 11-28-2022 02:42 PM

I agree it will be rough sledding for 2 to 5 years. Week to week grind will be tougher than anything we have had. Recruiting and depth have to catch up.

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - bryanw1995 - 11-28-2022 02:53 PM

(11-28-2022 02:42 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  

I agree it will be rough sledding for 2 to 5 years. Week to week grind will be tougher than anything we have had. Recruiting and depth have to catch up.

I forgot you guys have Malzahn, he will have the team ready on day 1. I don't think he got nearly enough credit for what he did at Auburn. 8 seasons with a winning record every year against a historically great SECW, one Title Game appearance, an SEC title, 4 other top 25 finishes, and Alabama was at the absolute Apex of probably any team at any point in CFB history.

I'd like to amend my prediction, probably 7 bowls in 10 years with 1-2 big 12 titles, with the assumption that you guys keep him for that entire 10 years.

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - Indiana Bones - 11-28-2022 06:50 PM

Learn from our mistake, don’t hire a Scotty Mo type. ECU is 9-7 in the AAC over the last 2 yrs, which is 4th best behind only the 3 defectors (UCF, UH & Cincy). At least we beat UCF by 3 TDs this year and it is nice to take back the lead in the all-time series 11-10. I have no beef with UCF. They’ve earned everything they’ve got and I wish them the best. ECU will keep grinding.

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - Yosef181 - 11-28-2022 09:50 PM

(11-28-2022 06:50 PM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  

Learn from our mistake, don’t hire a Scotty Mo type. ECU is 9-7 in the AAC over the last 2 yrs, which is 4th best behind only the 3 defectors (UCF, UH & Cincy). At least we beat UCF by 3 TDs this year and it is nice to take back the lead in the all-time series 11-10. I have no beef with UCF. They’ve earned everything they’ve got and I wish them the best. ECU will keep grinding.

ECU is why I don't want App to fire Shawn Clark prematurely. In my opinion, Ruffin McNeill showed loyalty to the Pirates. He was let go too soon, and it took ECU six years to achieve a better season record than the one they used to justify firing McNeill (5-7).

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - ChrisLords - 11-28-2022 11:10 PM

(11-28-2022 02:24 PM)Claw Wrote:  Nobody cares.

This seems like a thread for the AAC board more than the main board.

UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - Pony94 - 11-29-2022 12:20 AM

(11-28-2022 11:10 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  
(11-28-2022 02:24 PM)Claw Wrote:  Nobody cares.

This seems like a thread for the AAC board more than the main board.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - Milwaukee - 11-29-2022 08:02 AM

In the AAC, UCF was a big fish in a small pond. That's going to change next year, when they'll play a minimum of 7 P5 teams.

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - goodknightfl - 11-29-2022 09:04 AM

That and $5 will buy you a cup of coffee

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - goodknightfl - 11-29-2022 09:06 AM

(11-28-2022 06:50 PM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  

Always looked forward to ECU game. Other than Green cows probably was closest thing we had to a rival game.

RE: UCF has won the most AAC Games since the conference's inception - goofus - 11-29-2022 09:11 AM

(11-28-2022 02:04 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  

I would rate UConn the worse of the original members. Not sure why they were not included in the graphic even though they left 2 years ago. I can see why Louisville was not included since they bailed after only 1 year. But Uconn left in 2020.