CSNbbs
Buffalo Akron game - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Buffalo Akron game (/thread-959991.html)

Buffalo Akron game - Babes boy - 11-22-2022 01:30 PM

Leave it to the MAC to mess things up.

http://eblade.toledoblade.com//.pf/showstory/20221121153/1

RE: Buffalo Akron game - MotoRocket - 11-22-2022 01:39 PM

yeah, I read about that on Saturday after the game was postponed indefinitely since they had no way to play on Sunday either I think I commented on that on the board in some thread. BG has to win and Buffalo has to lose to get a revenge game - but not sure I would like that prospect. Especially if we manage to lose to Western. We also play with less rest. I have no idea why the MAC does this. Teams should be playing on the same days - or no more than 1 day difference - especially in the final 2 weeks.

As for BG, they lost to Buffalo, the team trying to get in. Kind of hard to put them ahead of Buffalo with the only game Buffalo did not play was against Akron. Buffalo could send an intramural team out and beat Akron.

RE: Buffalo Akron game - UofToledoFans - 11-22-2022 02:09 PM

(11-22-2022 01:39 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  yeah, I read about that on Saturday after the game was postponed indefinitely since they had no way to play on Sunday either I think I commented on that on the board in some thread. BG has to win and Buffalo has to lose to get a revenge game - but not sure I would like that prospect. Especially if we manage to lose to Western. We also play with less rest. I have no idea why the MAC does this. Teams should be playing on the same days - or no more than 1 day difference - especially in the final 2 weeks.

As for BG, they lost to Buffalo, the team trying to get in. Kind of hard to put them ahead of Buffalo with the only game Buffalo did not play was against Akron. Buffalo could send an intramural team out and beat Akron.
CMU, EMU, KSU, and BG all lost by a score to Akron... I wouldnt be so sure. UB lost to CMU. Crazier things have happened.

RE: Buffalo Akron game - MotoRocket - 11-28-2022 07:08 PM

(11-22-2022 02:09 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
(11-22-2022 01:39 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  yeah, I read about that on Saturday after the game was postponed indefinitely since they had no way to play on Sunday either I think I commented on that on the board in some thread. BG has to win and Buffalo has to lose to get a revenge game - but not sure I would like that prospect. Especially if we manage to lose to Western. We also play with less rest. I have no idea why the MAC does this. Teams should be playing on the same days - or no more than 1 day difference - especially in the final 2 weeks.

CMU, EMU, KSU, and BG all lost by a score to Akron... I wouldnt be so sure. UB lost to CMU. Crazier things have happened.

As the saying goes - my comment did not age well.... Hope BG thinks long and hard about laying an egg against OU with their second string QB. Kept them out of the MACC. We suck the last 2 games - including BG - and yet we get to play for the championship. It all balances out. BG won 2 championships in years when Toledo beat them. Time for it to be our turn, but don't count on it...

RE: Buffalo Akron game - eastisbest - 11-28-2022 08:17 PM

(11-28-2022 07:08 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

As the saying goes - my comment did not age well.... Hope BG thinks long and hard about laying an egg against OU with their second string QB. Kept them out of the MACC. We suck the last 2 games - including BG - and yet we get to play for the championship. It all balances out. BG won 2 championships in years when Toledo beat them. Time for it to be our turn, but don't count on it...

Didn't they already play and lose last Tuesday? I feel I'm in a Twilight Zone.

RE: Buffalo Akron game - MotoRocket - 11-29-2022 06:23 AM

(11-28-2022 08:17 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

They did. I'm just saying they think back to how they blew that game that would have got them to the MACC game after Buffalo lost to Akron - which nobody expected would happen with all the tiebreakers that had to happen for BG to get in. Most unlikely was Buffalo losing to Akron. BG beats Ohio (who is without their likely first team all-MAC QB) and they would have got to play us again in the MACC. Not sure I would have wanted that game to risk losing to them twice in one season. I have no confidence in this Candle-led team. Thought this was going to be that big year, but by the end of the season, they look worse than last year's team - that at least beat BG.

No more high expectations from TK either.

Buffalo Akron game - adunifon - 11-29-2022 07:24 AM

(11-29-2022 06:23 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

They did. I'm just saying they think back to how they blew that game that would have got them to the MACC game after Buffalo lost to Akron - which nobody expected would happen with all the tiebreakers that had to happen for BG to get in. Most unlikely was Buffalo losing to Akron. BG beats Ohio (who is without their likely first team all-MAC QB) and they would have got to play us again in the MACC. Not sure I would have wanted that game to risk losing to them twice in one season. I have no confidence in this Candle-led team. Thought this was going to be that big year, but by the end of the season, they look worse than last year's team - that at least beat BG.

Buffalo didn’t lose to Akron. They play on Saturday.

RE: Buffalo Akron game - MotoRocket - 11-29-2022 09:30 PM

(11-29-2022 07:24 AM)adunifon Wrote:  
(11-29-2022 06:23 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  
(11-22-2022 02:09 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  CMU, EMU, KSU, and BG all lost by a score to Akron... I wouldnt be so sure. UB lost to CMU. Crazier things have happened.

Buffalo didn’t lose to Akron. They play on Saturday.

I swear I'm not smoking nothing..

What the hell am I thinking about? Oh yeah, it was Kent State that beat Buffalo, which was not at all unexpected. Kent Sate beat BG, Buffalo, Ohio U., but lost to Ball State, Toledo, and Eastern from the West. Weird conference. All equally bad on any given Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday...