CSNbbs
LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo (/thread-959889.html)

LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - C-Finder - 11-20-2022 11:02 PM

Nice promo for the upcoming game against us, it's for Toys for Tots
https://latechsports.com/news/2022/11/10/football-la-tech-teams-up-with-toys-for-tots-offering-ticket-promotion-for-uab-game.aspx

$5 admission for a toy 03-yes
Do better marketing dept. 03-pissed

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - uabblazer2012 - 11-20-2022 11:49 PM

We are pretty much doing the same thing for the USA game. Ten dollar tickets if you donate a teddy bear - get to even throw it on court at halftime.

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - C-Finder - 11-21-2022 12:16 AM

(11-20-2022 11:49 PM)uabblazer2012 Wrote:  We are pretty much doing the same thing for the USA game. Ten dollar tickets if you donate a teddy bear - get to even throw it at Joe Goodman at halftime.

Fixed05-mafia03-lmfao

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - ATTALLABLAZE - 11-21-2022 08:36 AM

Meanwhile we are doing a great job of marketing to folks that already have tickets. Perhaps we should target folks that do not have tickets, corporations, youth groups, schools, etc......

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - Marathon Blazer - 11-21-2022 10:42 AM

(11-20-2022 11:49 PM)uabblazer2012 Wrote:  We are pretty much doing the same thing for the USA game. Ten dollar tickets if you donate a teddy bear - get to even throw it on court at halftime.

Memphis did a similar promotion several years back for our WBB game up there. I found out about it & got the teddy bear with the most green & gold I could find on it. The person who got their teddy bear closest to the center of the half court circle won a prize.

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - blazerblazer - 11-21-2022 11:38 AM

Discounted ticket?? It should be free or $5 considering we are playing a DIII team.

https://twitter.com/UAB_Athletics/status/1594730719959748608
Quote:This week in athletics brought to you by
@RustysBarBQ
!

See you in Bartow Arena on Saturday as
@UAB_MBB
takes on Rhodes College. Donate a canned food item in our food drive with the Community Food Bank of Central Alabama and recieve a discounted ticket at the gate.

#WinAsOne
[Image: FiGezaLUoAwCE3I?format=jpg&name=large]

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - C-Finder - 11-24-2022 01:18 AM

Squadrons are doing nonperishable items for tickets this weekend

Squadrons Twitter

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - ATTALLABLAZE - 11-24-2022 10:01 AM

Squadron has done more to try and sell tickets to the general public that UAB has but hey, UAB is still working me to buy tickets to which I already have.......

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - blazerblazer - 11-24-2022 10:10 AM

(11-24-2022 10:01 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Squadron has done more to try and sell tickets to the general public that UAB has but hey, UAB is still working me to buy tickets to which I already have.......

Yep, it's frustrating when Squadron will have cheaper ticket deals and giveaways as a professional GLeague team than a mid major team that is killing it so far.

I noticed we hired a new Associate AD for Fan Engagement & Marketing earlier this year, but haven't seen them do anything new or engaging so far...

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - ATTALLABLAZE - 11-24-2022 10:13 AM

They will only do as much as they are allowed. We are hiring folks at the bottom of the pay scale because our AD is going cheap. I am also hearing more cuts to marketing and an increase in ticket costs across the board coming. I hope these new hires are home runs but if they are they will be gone because our AD won't compensate them. This is an area where we must improve. This is why so many administrative things are slipping through the cracks.

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - Steel Dragon - 11-24-2022 10:40 AM

(11-24-2022 10:13 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  They will only do as much as they are allowed. We are hiring folks at the bottom of the pay scale because our AD is going cheap. I am also hearing more cuts to marketing and an increase in ticket costs across the board coming. I hope these new hires are home runs but if they are they will be gone because our AD won't compensate them. This is an area where we must improve. This is why so many administrative things are slipping through the cracks.
Some people want to be a big fish but draining the lake is not the way to do it. You end up on someone else’s plate

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - blazerblazer - 11-24-2022 11:07 AM

(11-24-2022 10:40 AM)Steel Dragon Wrote:  
(11-24-2022 10:13 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  They will only do as much as they are allowed. We are hiring folks at the bottom of the pay scale because our AD is going cheap. I am also hearing more cuts to marketing and an increase in ticket costs across the board coming. I hope these new hires are home runs but if they are they will be gone because our AD won't compensate them. This is an area where we must improve. This is why so many administrative things are slipping through the cracks.
Some people want to be a big fish but draining the lake is not the way to do it. You end up on someone else’s plate

Yeah for an AD that aspires to be a P5 AD in the future, this is not a good look. Yeah the AK and Dunn hires are great, but what is he doing to spread the word about UAB athletics to non alumni and season ticket holders.

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - mobileblazer - 11-24-2022 11:08 AM

(11-24-2022 10:10 AM)blazerblazer Wrote:  
(11-24-2022 10:01 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Squadron has done more to try and sell tickets to the general public that UAB has but hey, UAB is still working me to buy tickets to which I already have.......

Yep, it's frustrating when Squadron will have cheaper ticket deals and giveaways as a professional GLeague team than a mid major team that is killing it so far.

I noticed we hired a new Associate AD for Fan Engagement & Marketing earlier this year, but haven't seen them do anything new or engaging so far...

Seems like our marketing dept should understand the definition of insanity & take the long standing marketing campaign & toss it in the trash, have a meeting with people with fresh ideas & do something completely different. There’s nothing about our marketing campaigns that have excites me for a long time.

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - blazerblazer - 11-24-2022 11:11 AM

(11-24-2022 11:08 AM)mobileblazer Wrote:  

Seems like our marketing dept should understand the definition of insanity & take the long standing marketing campaign & toss it in the trash, have a meeting with people with fresh ideas & do something completely different. There’s nothing about our marketing campaigns that have excites me for a long time.

I'm sure she's great but she came from a DII school as well. Not really a homerun hire. DII to future AAC school is quite the jump.

Quote:Prior to UAB, Clayton served as the Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing & Fan Engagement at Lenoir-Rhyne University where she managed marketing, community relations, ticketing, and the Student Athlete Advisory Committee. She also served in key roles supporting the Bears Club and corporate partnerships.

In her time at Lenoir-Rhyne, Clayton helped to create one of the best gameday atmospheres in Division II. She also increased attendance and fan engagement for football, men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, men’s and women’s soccer, baseball, softball, and men’s and women’s lacrosse.

Clayton oversaw and coordinated Lenoir-Rhyne’s 828 Day, an event that tied the University and Athletic Department to the local community. In just the second year of the event being in-person, 828 Day was a finalist for the 2022 NCAA Division II Award for Excellence.

Under Clayton’s leadership, the LR Marketing Department won three national awards at the 2020-21 NACMA Best of Awards, including a gold medal in the “Community Engagement & PR” category. She has also served on NACMA’s Fan Development and Brand Ambassador committees.

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - blazerblazer - 11-24-2022 11:13 AM

Update: Looks like we are hiring for that position. Did she quit or are they hiring a second person...

https://uab.taleo.net/careersection/ext/jobdetail.ftl?job=T202078&tz=GMT-06%3A00&tzname=America%2FChicago

Quote:The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), an NCAA DI institution, is seeking a Director for Fan Engagement and Marketing. The Director of Marketing will report to the Associate Athletic Director for Fan Engagement Marketing. This individual will be responsible for increasing attendance, creating a positive and exciting game day atmosphere, increasing fan engagement, and furthering the UAB Athletics brand in the community.

Duties and Responsibilities:

Develop and execute marketing and promotional plans for assigned sports, with a focus of increasing attendance and generating revenue
Enhance the in-venue and fan experience for assigned sports
Assist Associate Athletic Director for Fan Engagement Marketing with marketing and fan experience efforts for football.
Coordinate event logistics for assigned home games and special events.
Develop innovative ways to promote our athletic teams and branding, while taking advantage of emerging technology.
Partner with communications, ticketing, LEARFIELD, Blazer Boosters and other campus partners on rollout and execution of marketing and promotion plans.
Lead email marketing strategy and efforts.
Perform other duties as assigned

RE: LA Tech is doing a Toys for Tickets promo - ATTALLABLAZE - 11-24-2022 12:40 PM

(11-24-2022 11:08 AM)mobileblazer Wrote:  

The AD does not want to have a meeting with the folks with fresh ideas. They have tried.