CSNbbs
Injury update? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Injury update? (/thread-959583.html)

Pages: 1 2

Injury update? - NewMex RocketFan - 11-16-2022 01:58 PM

Gleason has a broken left hand;
Unsure of Hook's status with leg/foot injury

Anyone else?

RE: Injury update? - Redwingtom - 11-16-2022 02:56 PM

(11-16-2022 01:58 PM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  Gleason has a broken left hand;

Anyone else?

Is Hook the one who was helped off late in the game?

If so, it looked like he had a really bad cut on his right knee...maybe got stepped on? If it was cut badly requiring stitches, I can't see someone being able to play football with stitches in your knee.

RE: Injury update? - MotoRocket - 11-16-2022 04:19 PM

(11-16-2022 02:56 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Anyone else?

If so, it looked like he had a really bad cut on his right knee...maybe got stepped on? If it was cut badly requiring stitches, I can't see someone being able to play football with stitches in your knee.

It was Hook. Next game will be a week from Friday - a full 8 1/2 days after the injury. Most stitches come out in 7 days - but over a joint, typically 10 to 14 days. He won't play against Western since it is not a critical game and don't want to have him out for the MACC,

My concern is what caused the cuts that were deep enough to require stitches. Not getting that from football cleats. Tells me there was something on the ground on the BG sideline that he came across. Could be a broken piece of plastic or just about any other foreign matter that could cause a cut. Hopefully that will be found out and any disciplinary action is taken on the part of BG or the Toledo ground crew that allowed that to occur. The cut looked pretty bad, but the injury itself was likely not as serious as it looked when he was carried off the field. Hopefully not deep enough to impact the patella tendon because that is the area I saw bleeding.

I don't think what happened at the end of the game happens with Hook in the game. Looked like #26 (Jaylin Mines) replaced him and it was either him or #20 that got burned on the 3rd and 15 and then the TD pass.

The defense in the last 58 seconds looked like we had no idea who had which responsibility. Lester is a former QB and the coach of WMU. He will be picking up on a number of things that he will try to exploit coming off this game.

RE: Injury update? - bcunn3128 - 11-16-2022 05:02 PM

(11-16-2022 04:19 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

Anyone else?

It was Hook. Next game will be a week from Friday - a full 8 1/2 days after the injury. Most stitches come out in 7 days - but over a joint, typically 10 to 14 days. He won't play against Western since it is not a critical game and don't want to have him out for the MACC,

My concern is what caused the cuts that were deep enough to require stitches. Not getting that from football cleats. Tells me there was something on the ground on the BG sideline that he came across. Could be a broken piece of plastic or just about any other foreign matter that could cause a cut. Hopefully that will be found out and any disciplinary action is taken on the part of BG or the Toledo ground crew that allowed that to occur. The cut looked pretty bad, but the injury itself was likely not as serious as it looked when he was carried off the field. Hopefully not deep enough to impact the patella tendon because that is the area I saw bleeding.

I don't think what happened at the end of the game happens with Hook in the game. Looked like #26 (Jaylin Mines) replaced him and it was either him or #20 that got burned on the 3rd and 15 and then the TD pass.

The defense in the last 58 seconds looked like we had no idea who had which responsibility. Lester is a former QB and the coach of WMU. He will be picking up on a number of things that he will try to exploit coming off this game.

All I know is that Hillaire made every Rocket who tried to cover him look drunk silly most of the game.

RE: Injury update? - MotoRocket - 11-17-2022 12:50 AM

(11-16-2022 05:02 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(11-16-2022 04:19 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

Anyone else?

All I know is that Hillaire made every Rocket who tried to cover him look drunk silly most of the game.

That's true, but he wasn't involved in any of the catches on the final drive.

I watched parts of the replay I recorded. Turns out it looked like it was a cleat that cut Hook's knee. I suppose they can cut if they have worn off a corner of the cleat and made it somewhat sharp. Also looked like the cut was above the knee - but I couldn't tell if there was another cut lower on the leg of if it was from the cut above the knee.

He may be back for Western. I guess we will see.

RE: Injury update? - Redwingtom - 11-17-2022 07:36 AM

Dang, I thought I was pushing things by speculating it was a cut, then you guys to go to purposeful conduct on the BG bench to have sharp objects on the sidelines somehow knowing only a UT player could get hurt, to a worn off cleat...LOL.

In a wet and snowy game like that, all players were likely wearing the longest cleats they make...and pretty sure all those cleats were fairly new and not old enough to be worn down already. 03-wink

But is it really hard to imagine that something like this coming down with great force on your skin could cause a cut?
[Image: 71j1qrPv+EL._AC_UY535_.jpg]

RE: Injury update? - MotoRocket - 11-17-2022 08:01 AM

(11-17-2022 07:36 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Dang, I thought I was pushing things by speculating it was a cut, then you guys to go to purposeful conduct on the BG bench to have sharp objects on the sidelines somehow knowing only a UT player could get hurt, to a worn off cleat...LOL.

In a wet and snowy game like that, all players were likely wearing the longest cleats they make...and pretty sure all those cleats were fairly new and not old enough to be worn down already. 03-wink

But is it really hard to imagine that something like this coming down with great force on your skin could cause a cut?
[Image: 71j1qrPv+EL._AC_UY535_.jpg]

You're reading too much into what I wrote. I didn't say it was purposeful conduct by the BG bench. Could have been something dropped on the ground and not picked up. Or something not noticed by the UT ground crew. The only reason I thought that was after it happened, players and coaches from BG were looking around at the ground. I thought they were looking for something that caused the cut. After watching the replay three times, I'm still not sure what they were looking at - but assume it was where the ball was spotted after the tackle. Nobody reached down and picked anything up. My comment on the cleat was that they are not sharp enough to cause cuts - otherwise they would be sewing up cuts on the sidelines all game long. I've never seen a cut requiring stitches from a football cleat in my life.

In order for them to cut, something strange had to happen, or a piece of the cleat had broken off and gave it an irregular surface on the bottom. There was a coach on the sideline that started getting animated thinking the BG player had run over Hook and hurt him. The player that was tackled something happened that hurt Hook - and it wasn't from the hit. The BG player walked over and saw the blood on his leg and turned away while the coach was trying to high five him. He wasn't having it. Then the coach saw the injury and went quiet.

And to answer your question on something coming down on you with great force causing a cut. No, not likely that would happen, and from what I could see, his foot never came down on Hooks leg, it looked to me like his foot got caught up on Hook's leg and scraped across it.

RE: Injury update? - CaptainHook - 11-17-2022 10:16 AM

It was a cleat. Just a freak accident. Pretty good gash and some stitches. He should be ok.

RE: Injury update? - Boca Rocket - 11-17-2022 03:21 PM

(11-17-2022 10:16 AM)CaptainHook Wrote:  It was a cleat. Just a freak accident. Pretty good gash and some stitches. He should be ok.

Thanks! Have enjoyed his hard-nosed play since his first step on field as a Rocket.Kind reminds me of Mike Kennedy.

RE: Injury update? - Babes boy - 11-17-2022 06:44 PM

(11-17-2022 03:21 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(11-17-2022 10:16 AM)CaptainHook Wrote:  It was a cleat. Just a freak accident. Pretty good gash and some stitches. He should be ok.

Thanks! Have enjoyed his hard-nosed play since his first step on field as a Rocket.Kind reminds me of Mike Kennedy.

Definitely a hard playing young man. Hopefully there will be a quick and complete recovery

Injury update? - adunifon - 11-22-2022 07:28 PM

Speaking of injuries — OU qb is out for the year. Backup is a run first guy.

RE: Injury update? - inductchuck16 - 11-22-2022 07:48 PM

(11-22-2022 07:28 PM)adunifon Wrote:  Speaking of injuries — OU qb is out for the year. Backup is a run first guy.

Too bad for OU. That QB ranks in the Top 25 of the FBS in every major passing category. Meaning he would have absolutely shredded Toledo's defense if we had to play him. So guess we lucked out there.

RE: Injury update? - Springboromark - 11-22-2022 07:54 PM

Ohio hasn't won anything yet.

RE: Injury update? - inductchuck16 - 11-22-2022 08:40 PM

OU whooping that Falcon ass with its backup QB. Fun!

RE: Injury update? - bcunn3128 - 11-22-2022 08:44 PM

(11-22-2022 07:54 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  Ohio hasn't won anything yet.

Maybe not, but halfway there. Watching the Bobcats absolutely dismantle BG right now. Their D is playing VERY tough, and their back-up QB is gonna give Toledo fits with his option/running ability.

Not getting any warm fuzzies about this matchup in Detroit.

RE: Injury update? - rockytop - 11-22-2022 09:03 PM

(11-22-2022 08:44 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  

Maybe not, but halfway there. Watching the Bobcats absolutely dismantle BG right now. Their D is playing VERY tough, and their back-up QB is gonna give Toledo fits with his option/running ability.

Our loses were due to defensive collapses. Watching Ohio shut down bg, makes wonder how good Toledo is.

RE: Injury update? - DetroitRocket - 11-22-2022 09:29 PM

(11-22-2022 09:03 PM)rockytop Wrote:  

Our loses were due to defensive collapses. Watching Ohio shut down bg, makes wonder how good Toledo is.

Not sure I would buy that. When you have an OL that can't block, it puts the offense and defense in too many bad situations.

Injury update? - emanoh - 11-22-2022 10:07 PM

OU is going to rag doll this Rockets team. BG scores 6 on Kent, 7 points so far vs OU and we make their offense look like a top ten juggernaut as they hang 42 on us. I'm not confident we beat WMU.

Both the Football and Men's Basketball teams wilt every time there are high expectations. It's gotten old.

I heard UT has sold less than 1000 tix to the MACC in Detroit and the alumni association event turnout is less than spectacular. Apathy is deep this season. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RE: Injury update? - bcunn3128 - 11-22-2022 10:19 PM

(11-22-2022 10:07 PM)emanoh Wrote:  OU is going to rag doll this Rockets team. BG scores 6 on Kent, 7 points so far vs OU and we make their offense look like a top ten juggernaut as they hang 42 on us. I'm not confident we beat WMU.

Both the Football and Men's Basketball teams wilt every time there are high expectations. It's gotten old.

I heard UT has sold less than 1000 tix to the MACC in Detroit and the alumni association event turnout is less than spectacular. Apathy is deep this season. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Count me among those who aren’t going to Detroit. The recent combination of that 4th quarter collapse at Buffalo, the inexcusable game against BG, and the realization that we get at least one more season with Jason Candle as head coach have just sapped any enthusiasm I had for this football program.

RE: Injury update? - Boca Rocket - 11-22-2022 11:38 PM

(11-22-2022 09:29 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(11-22-2022 09:03 PM)rockytop Wrote:  

Not sure I would buy that. When you have an OL that can't block, it puts the offense and defense in too many bad situations.

How many times did the DBs get beat? That part wasn't the OL.