CSNbbs
Is next season going to get fugly? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Is next season going to get fugly? (/thread-959452.html)

Is next season going to get fugly? - blazr - 11-14-2022 09:53 PM

Think I heard Saturday that we lose 21 players this offseason. More will transfer when the staff is let go. Who knows what the new staff can bag from the portal but that’s a lot of ground to make up. Seems our first season in AAC is going to be rough unfortunately.

RE: Is next season going to get fugly? - ATTALLABLAZE - 11-14-2022 10:10 PM

Remains to be seen.

RE: Is next season going to get fugly? - jesseblazer - 11-14-2022 10:15 PM

I quick count of the roster shows 37 juniors on team.

RE: Is next season going to get fugly? - ICB - 11-14-2022 10:57 PM

Typically don't depend on many freshman to contribute right away regardless. With the right hire, that I truly believe we are going to make, we won't lose many. Unless...

RE: Is next season going to get fugly? - Golden-Ticket - 11-14-2022 11:42 PM

If we get a good enough name, you can fill a roster on the portal alone. It’s shocking how fast you can do it

RE: Is next season going to get fugly? - DuelingDragon - 11-15-2022 12:04 AM

Was going to be a major turnover no matter who was coach. All those extra covid years stack a team with depth but also maybe keeps you from replacing guys with better players down the line.

But it isn’t happening in a vacuum. Lots of teams have rosters similar to UAB. Big recruiting class for lots of teams.

RE: Is next season going to get fugly? - 4thDownBlazer - 11-15-2022 09:49 AM

(11-14-2022 09:53 PM)blazr Wrote:  Think I heard Saturday that we lose 21 players this offseason. More will transfer when the staff is let go. Who knows what the new staff can bag from the portal but that’s a lot of ground to make up. Seems our first season in AAC is going to be rough unfortunately.

that shouldn't be assumed. theres a standard here now. Just need the right coach to be hired. the rest will take care of itself.

RE: Is next season going to get fugly? - blazr - 11-15-2022 10:33 AM

(11-15-2022 09:49 AM)4thDownBlazer Wrote:  
(11-14-2022 09:53 PM)blazr Wrote:  Think I heard Saturday that we lose 21 players this offseason. More will transfer when the staff is let go. Who knows what the new staff can bag from the portal but that’s a lot of ground to make up. Seems our first season in AAC is going to be rough unfortunately.

that shouldn't be assumed. theres a standard here now. Just need the right coach to be hired. the rest will take care of itself.

I wasn’t taking a swipe at the coaching change. I just think every coaching change, regardless of school, from now on is going to mean players transferring because they came to play for those coaches. Means a new coach could bring his own, but losing 21 players to eligibility on top of that is huge - transfer portal or not.

RE: Is next season going to get fugly? - Auburn_Blazer - 11-15-2022 10:41 AM

I think the AD is already pretty conscious of this given the timeline he outlined on his JOX interview. We're probably 2-4 weeks away from the coach being named (assuming Ingram sticks to the timeframe), which will give them roughly the same amount of time to put together some signings before early signing day.