CSNbbs
Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump (/thread-959306.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - TIGERCITY - 11-13-2022 09:31 AM

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - AdoptedMonarch - 11-13-2022 09:58 AM

The last true comedian. Both brilliant and courageous.

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - ericsrevenge76 - 11-13-2022 10:15 AM

(11-13-2022 09:58 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  The last true comedian. Both brilliant and courageous.

Thought it was funny, its was surprisingly NOT courageous or brave at all.

What would have been courageous would have been to say everything he said AND cracked on Fedderman, AOC, Biden and the MSM.

Not only did he avoid that completely, he even stumped a bit for Russia Russia Russia collusion. WOW

Surprisingly uncourageous and unbrave for him. Even he is scared to take those people on right now on national TV.

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - stinkfist - 11-13-2022 10:46 AM

(11-13-2022 09:58 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  The last true comedian. Both brilliant and courageous.

he once was ... I didn't laugh one time during the entire skit ... it reminded me of Carlin during his exit-stage-left years ... he's become the panderer in the 'wander'...

at 57.3, I'm quickly learning the real battle of aging vs. how muh cockles reverberate...

never forget that "bump", AM ... she should be gaining on the 20+ now...

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - AdoptedMonarch - 11-13-2022 11:07 AM

(11-13-2022 10:15 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

What would have been courageous would have been to say everything he said AND cracked on Fedderman, AOC, Biden and the MSM.

Not only did he avoid that completely, he even stumped a bit for Russia Russia Russia collusion. WOW

Surprisingly uncourageous and unbrave for him. Even he is scared to take those people on right now on national TV.

He also forgot to mention teachers' unions, climate change, border mayhem, and the rudeness of people who don't properly dispose of their used chewing gum.

C'mon, eric, this standard for courage is not agreeing with some pre-set notion of someone else's values. It is standing up for a principle in the face of potential consequences.

I (and others) demonstrate no courage in posting on this forum. There are no consequences to me in doing so, aside from wasted time. There have been, are and will continue to be consequences to Dave Chappelle for stating these truths. He may not check all the boxes you want checked. And you may disagree with the boxes he does check. But it is still courage.

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - AdoptedMonarch - 11-13-2022 11:09 AM

(11-13-2022 10:46 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

he once was ... I didn't laugh one time during the entire skit ... it reminded me of Carlin during his exit-stage-left years ... he's become the panderer in the 'wander'...

at 57.3, I'm quickly learning the real battle of aging vs. how muh cockles reverberate...

never forget that "bump", AM ... she should be gaining on the 20+ now...

I have not forgotten, stinky, and will get back to it. But now is not the time. There is too much of a chance that calling out leftist authoritarianism will be misconstrued as a defense of the reckless stupidity of Donald Trump.

I will return to that when the dust properly settles.

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - ericsrevenge76 - 11-13-2022 11:45 AM

(11-13-2022 11:07 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  

He also forgot to mention teachers' unions, climate change, border mayhem, and the rudeness of people who don't properly dispose of their used chewing gum.

C'mon, eric, this standard for courage is not agreeing with some pre-set notion of someone else's values. It is standing up for a principle in the face of potential consequences.

I (and others) demonstrate no courage in posting on this forum. There are no consequences to me in doing so, aside from wasted time. There have been, are and will continue to be consequences to Dave Chappelle for stating these truths. They may not check all the boxes you want checked. And you may disagree with the boxes he does check. But it is still courage.

I'm sorry Monarch, but that is just a bunch of bs and spin.

I don't require the man to stand up to them, but that is what everyone says he is supposed to be, and you even claimed his bit was courageous.

There was noting courageous about it at all, and that was NOT him being the "last true comedian". That was him kowtowing just like the rest of the"comedians" do now. You could have picked out any woke lame establishment comedian from Jimmy Kimmell to Stephen Colbert to give that same routine word for word. That was the same lame leftist establishment "comedy" we see from everyone else on TV today. There was nothing brave or courageous about it at all. That was about as safe as it gets.

You totally miss the point, he does not have to check boxes for my sake, just not be the run of the mill establishment comedy routine that avoids making fun of any liberal on earth and mocks all conservatives and republicans.

I would have rather see him do BOTH, that would have be courage and standing up for real comedy. That's what real comedians did for decades, but now they all shrink and cower before the establishment.

Even Dave now.

Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - fsquid - 11-13-2022 11:53 AM

I just like him cause he's funny

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - AdoptedMonarch - 11-13-2022 01:16 PM

(11-13-2022 11:45 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(11-13-2022 11:07 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  

I (and others) demonstrate no courage in posting on this forum. There are no consequences to me in doing so, aside from wasted time. There have been, are and will continue to be consequences to Dave Chappelle for stating these truths. They may not check all the boxes you want checked. And you may disagree with the boxes he does check. But it is still courage.

I'm sorry Monarch, but that is just a bunch of bs and spin.

I don't require the man to stand up to them, but that is what everyone says he is supposed to be, and you even claimed his bit was courageous.

There was noting courageous about it at all, and that was NOT him being the "last true comedian". That was him kowtowing just like the rest of the"comedians" do now. You could have picked out any woke lame establishment comedian from Jimmy Kimmell to Stephen Colbert to give that same routine word for word. That was the same lame leftist establishment "comedy" we see from everyone else on TV today. There was nothing brave or courageous about it at all. That was about as safe as it gets.

You totally miss the point, he does not have to check boxes for my sake, just not be the run of the mill establishment comedy routine that avoids making fun of any liberal on earth and mocks all conservatives and republicans.

I would have rather see him do BOTH, that would have be courage and standing up for real comedy. That's what real comedians did for decades, but now they all shrink and cower before the establishment.

Even Dave now.

There are, uncomfortably too often, times when I question my own comprehension skills. When posters that I respect state things with absolute certainty that I just don’t see at all - - making me wonder if maybe I am beginning to lose it. This is one of those times.

So I went back and rewatched the SNL opening clip - - start to finish.

Sorry, eric. This time it is not me. It is you.

There is NO WAY that Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert or any other establishment “comedian” would have the stones to say even 20% of what he said - - the cheap shot “Russia collusion” comment perhaps being there only obvious exception. The rest of it was bold - - things you will read regularly on this forum, but never hear stated on mainstream media.

It’s okay not to like him. Comedy is very subjective. It is not okay to question his courage. This is a man who has been physically assaulted on stage, boycotted by national writers, and subjected to countless cancelation attempts. He has never backed down and never apologized.

That is courage.

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - stinkfist - 11-13-2022 01:30 PM

(11-13-2022 01:16 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  It’s okay not to like him. Comedy is very subjective. It is not okay to question his courage. This is a man who has been physically assaulted on stage, boycotted by national writers, and subjected to countless cancelation attempts. He has never backed down and never apologized.

That is courage.

sounds like #groverII (too easy!) .... #touché¡Olé!

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - AdoptedMonarch - 11-13-2022 01:35 PM

(11-13-2022 01:30 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(11-13-2022 01:16 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  It’s okay not to like him. Comedy is very subjective. It is not okay to question his courage. This is a man who has been physically assaulted on stage, boycotted by national writers, and subjected to countless cancelation attempts. He has never backed down and never apologized.

That is courage.

I have called Donald Trump a lot of unflattering names. But I have never called him a coward.

The man is fearless. (It’s is an undeniable strength. But when it comes to knowing when to call it quits - - like now perhaps - - it is also a liability.)

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - BlueDragon - 11-13-2022 01:46 PM

Seriously, he is playing to a leftist NY audience.

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - Kyle Mack - 11-13-2022 02:40 PM

(11-13-2022 09:31 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  

Great monologue hilarious stuff. You can't ever say "the ______" 03-lmfao

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - Kyle Mack - 11-13-2022 02:43 PM

SNL Host Dave Chappelle Divides Internet With Jewish Community, Kanye Jokes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/snl-host-dave-chappelle-divides-internet-with-jewish-community-kanye-jokes/ar-AA143oeN?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=b0b43f7c069b4116ad41203f69557662

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - Attackcoog - 11-13-2022 02:55 PM

I think he and Bill Burr are the best at playing around third rail stuff while still managing to be funny and still seem reasonable.

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - tanqtonic - 11-13-2022 03:18 PM

(11-13-2022 01:35 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(11-13-2022 01:30 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

That is courage.

I have called Donald Trump a lot of unflattering names. But I have never called him a coward.

The man is fearless. (It’s is an undeniable strength. But when it comes to knowing when to call it quits - - like now perhaps - - it is also a liability.)

Trump also has the predilection to simply destroy the playing field when he is losing. And he has no compunction about throwing anyone and everyone under the bus in order to come up ahead.

Kind of a kindred spirit of Stalin during the first part of Operation Barbarossa, when you think about.

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - GoodOwl - 11-13-2022 03:47 PM

(11-13-2022 02:40 PM)Kyle Mack Wrote:  
(11-13-2022 09:31 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  

Great monologue hilarious stuff. You can't ever say "the ______" 03-lmfao

...but apparently you can say the N word a coupla times on TV and get multiple free passes...weird. Guess no one cares if people say the that word all of a sudden?

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - Fo Shizzle - 11-13-2022 04:39 PM

(11-13-2022 11:53 AM)fsquid Wrote:  I just like him cause he's funny

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

This. Some folks seem to think that this guy should make his comedy have some type of balance politically. I really don't care as long as it makes me laugh.

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - bullet - 11-13-2022 04:44 PM

Seek help for your TDS. It makes you look stupid. There was absolutely nothing courageous about it. He was following any other NPC on attacking Black conservatives and President Trump.

RE: Chappelle goes after Kanye, Herschel Walker, and Trump - AdoptedMonarch - 11-13-2022 04:54 PM

(11-13-2022 04:44 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Seek help for your TDS. It makes you look stupid. There was absolutely nothing courageous about it. He was following any other NPC on attacking Black conservatives and President Trump.

You could always negative rep me again. I’m sure that’ll make you feel better about having to read such mean things about poor precious Donald.