CSNbbs
NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions (/thread-954873.html)

NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions - Jball - 09-09-2022 09:01 AM

Many have had questions about the basketball NIL. The information below hopefully will answer your questions. If not, please let me know.[attachment=11217]

RE: NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions - Blazernation921 - 09-09-2022 09:15 AM

(09-09-2022 09:01 AM)Jball Wrote:  Many have had questions about the basketball NIL. The information below hopefully will answer your questions. If not, please let me know.
I'm curious why there are discussions about basketball NIL and no discussions about the one for football. Is there not intrest in promoting football NIL?
Also, it would be good to know the progress that's being made. It's not much, but I've signed up for monthly donations to both.

RE: NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions - ATTALLABLAZE - 09-09-2022 09:38 AM

Here is information on both. It's called the UAB Collective.

It promotes both the Football & Basketball.

https://www.uabcollectives.com/

The purpose of The Southside Solution and the Forged in Fire Fund is to serve as a conduit in the NIL space for the members of the UAB Men's Basketball and Football Team. Through this LLC, you can gain exclusive access to the members of the UAB Men's Basketball and Football Team whose personal brand matches your business or personal needs.

The Southside Solution and Forged in Fire Fund's objective is to help the members of the UAB Men's Basketball and Football Teams align with individuals and companies who desire to sponsor and support the members of Blazer Athletics, and together, help them continue in their quest to be Champions On and Off the court!

RE: NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions - blazerjay - 09-09-2022 10:46 AM

I just want them to stay far away from streching the boundaries for the time being. There is too much gray area at the moment and I don't want to be the school punished as an example to others.

The NCAA is going to bust one or several schools shortly. Most likely in my opinion would be BYU, Miami (FL), SMU and/or Texas A&M for crossing the direct payments and/or booster recruiting inducement rules, that remain in force. Reportedly the investigations have begun and the Transformation Committee has confirmed that those acts will still be violations under the new constitution when enacted.

Having the unfortunate experience of working with another school's collective recently, even they have no idea where the acceptable boundaries actually are.

RE: NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions - blazers9911 - 09-09-2022 11:32 AM

Isn’t Texas Tech one of those schools as well?

Everything going through UAB seems legit at the moment. In its simplest form, players need to be at the school and branded from there. We know schools are pushing that limit, but I do think that will be cracked down on at some point.

RE: NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions - hooverblazer - 09-10-2022 10:11 AM

Glad this is getting going a little more. Got to have it to remain competitive.

RE: NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions - ATTALLABLAZE - 09-10-2022 10:13 AM

Exactly. It is critical for our future if we want to keep competing for championships in the major sports.

RE: NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions - KevMo4UAB - 02-23-2024 09:25 PM

NCAA Loses Again

RE: NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions - Jball - Today 11:40 AM

https://x.com/munzly/status/1781299346669031679?s=42&t=6NibNwgyPKjQVQqaKLyP5Q

This is our competition.. we need to support NIL.. best for basketball is Southside Solution..spread the word and let business know…

RE: NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions - hooverblazer - Today 12:00 PM

Yep - FedEx committed $25M to their NIL over the next 5 years. We need to step it up.

Also a pretty clear indication their intention is to move up.

RE: NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions - blazerblazer - Today 12:38 PM

Too bad we have an AD that hates NIL so doesn't try to help find us legit corporate backing.
Also, I am tired of us the fans having to put up money through NIL collectives. Should not be on us.
I enjoyed MCI when they actually had the articles, but the normal fan isn't going to just pony up money for an NIL collective.

Tell that AD of ours to walk down town and schmooze with corporate HQ's.
I know Wendy's is a sponsor but get Milos Tea and other places to join the NIL front.

And lastly, I figured FedEx was already giving Memphis a ton of NIL money, but this just makes it official and a huge amount.

RE: NIL - Information and Frequently Asked Questions - blazers9911 - Today 07:32 PM

(Today 11:40 AM)Jball Wrote:  https://x.com/munzly/status/1781299346669031679?s=42&t=6NibNwgyPKjQVQqaKLyP5Q

This is our competition.. we need to support NIL.. best for basketball is Southside Solution..spread the word and let business know…

It takes 5000 fans donating $1000 to match what FedEx has given them. This is before we even bring into account any individual donors at Memphis. Unless we have a bunch of rich fans I’m not aware of, we can’t compete with this. We need to do what we can with corporations locally to help close this gap. We don’t have to get $5M per year, $10k, or $50k, or $100k can go a long way for us.