CSNbbs
2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread (/thread-952100.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - OKIcat - 10-10-2022 06:58 PM

Shifting gears here for a moment, the Big 12 has said it will announce 2023 football conference opponents as early as this month. Even if some Pac 12 schools join the conference soon that would not impact next season's schedules.

My feeling is, UC ends up in a division with WVU and UCF. After that, I'll be curious about alignment. If Texas is still around next season, as predicted, that will mean five TX schools and I'd think those would all be in one west division, perhaps with OK. Everybody else in the "east" I suspect? I think rivalries will develop for UC with WVU and UCF given past history but I'm more eager for UC to get a shot at some of the legacy B12 members such as Baylor, ISU, KSU, and OSU. Maybe this time, UC has finally found a conference home that can last more than a decade.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - UCGrad1992 - 10-17-2022 09:50 AM

Another quality UC video...

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - UCBearcatlawjd2 - 10-17-2022 09:59 AM

(10-10-2022 06:58 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  Shifting gears here for a moment, the Big 12 has said it will announce 2023 football conference opponents as early as this month. Even if some Pac 12 schools join the conference soon that would not impact next season's schedules.

My feeling is, UC ends up in a division with WVU and UCF. After that, I'll be curious about alignment. If Texas is still around next season, as predicted, that will mean five TX schools and I'd think those would all be in one west division, perhaps with OK. Everybody else in the "east" I suspect? I think rivalries will develop for UC with WVU and UCF given past history but I'm more eager for UC to get a shot at some of the legacy B12 members such as Baylor, ISU, KSU, and OSU. Maybe this time, UC has finally found a conference home that can last more than a decade.

Personally once Texas and Oklahoma leave I would prefer a two division setup like this

East: UC, UCF, WVU, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State
West: TCU, Houston, Tech, Baylor, BYU, OSU

This works in a 8 game or 9 game conference schedule. Protects the most important games.

I also believe UC would finish at the top of East most years.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - UCGrad1992 - 10-17-2022 10:02 AM

SAT 11:00am ESPN
Cincinnati [5-1] o63
SMU [3-3] +3
GERALD J. FORD STADIUM, DALLAS, TX

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - doss2 - 10-17-2022 10:02 AM

(10-17-2022 09:59 AM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(10-10-2022 06:58 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  Shifting gears here for a moment, the Big 12 has said it will announce 2023 football conference opponents as early as this month. Even if some Pac 12 schools join the conference soon that would not impact next season's schedules.

Personally once Texas and Oklahoma leave I would prefer a two division setup like this

This works in a 8 game or 9 game conference schedule. Protects the most important games.

Play 8. 5 in division and half of other division each year.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - BearcatMan - 10-17-2022 10:14 AM

(10-17-2022 10:02 AM)doss2 Wrote:  

Basically guarantees a trip to Texas every year for each team and we still have our FL trip every other year to keep recruiting ties there.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - OKIcat - 10-17-2022 11:54 AM

(10-17-2022 10:14 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Basically guarantees a trip to Texas every year for each team and we still have our FL trip every other year to keep recruiting ties there.

Looking one year further ahead, I will expect TX and OK to be out but maybe the four corners schools from the Pac 12 to be in. That would certainly require recasting the divisions, possibly in some non-geographic alignment.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - BearcatMan - 10-17-2022 12:09 PM

(10-17-2022 11:54 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  

Looking one year further ahead, I will expect TX and OK to be out but maybe the four corners schools from the Pac 12 to be in. That would certainly require recasting the divisions, possibly in some non-geographic alignment.

The divisions outlined above do not include Texas or Oklahoma.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - Kyle Mack - 10-17-2022 01:26 PM

It's likely to going to remain a 9 game conference schedule, like the next 2 seasons. Thereafter, even with divisions, will be interesting if they go with 2 highest ranked teams or division winners for CCG.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - Kyle Mack - 10-17-2022 01:27 PM

(10-17-2022 12:09 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(10-17-2022 09:59 AM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  Personally once Texas and Oklahoma leave I would prefer a two division setup like this

""Personally once Texas and Oklahoma leave I would prefer a two division setup like this""

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - OKIcat - 10-17-2022 01:55 PM

(10-17-2022 12:09 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(10-17-2022 09:59 AM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  Personally once Texas and Oklahoma leave I would prefer a two division setup like this

Correct, but adding four (far) western teams from the Pac 12 after '23 would likely push some TX members east in any revised alignment which I wouldn't think would sit well with those Texas schools' desire for more in-state rivalry games.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - BearcatsUC - 10-17-2022 02:08 PM

In an interview with Hoard, Yormark said TX and OK would be playing in Cincinnati

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - UCBearcatlawjd2 - 10-17-2022 02:36 PM

(10-17-2022 02:08 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  

In an interview with Hoard, Yormark said TX and OK would be playing in Cincinnati

He didn’t specifically tell us that will happen in football. I am sure Oklahoma and Texas will play a road in game in Cincinnati in some sport. Might be football but that isn’t a lock.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - BearcatsUC - 10-17-2022 02:54 PM

(10-17-2022 02:36 PM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(10-17-2022 02:08 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  

He didn’t specifically tell us that will happen in football. I am sure Oklahoma and Texas will play a road in game in Cincinnati in some sport. Might be football but that isn’t a lock.

In the context of the conversation, I took it to mean football. If I hadn’t listened to the interview, I wouldn’t have thought either would make it to Cincinnati for football as B12 members

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - BearcatJerry - 10-17-2022 03:24 PM

I'm just thrilled that we're going to be in some other conference...

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - OKIcat - 10-18-2022 07:11 AM

(10-17-2022 03:24 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  I'm just thrilled that we're going to be in some other conference...

...agreed, it will be exciting. I don't expect it, but it would be fun to get Texas in Nippert for one shot at the Longhorns. A Bearcat win would be an appropriate parting gift from the conference that Texas kept Cincy locked out of in the previous round of expansion.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - glacier_dropsy - 10-18-2022 07:30 AM

If we play Texas, hope the folks keeping time add an extra second late in the game, just for the memories.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - Cat-Man - 10-18-2022 12:08 PM

(10-17-2022 03:24 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  I'm just thrilled that we're going to be in some other conference...

Agree. Out of all the conferences UC has been in, the AAC has been the one I've dislike the most. In football AND basketball.

Next year, the road gets a lot tougher for CLF and Wes. It'll be exciting to see how good this program really is, or how high they can take it with more money, better schedule, recruiting etc.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - UCGrad1992 - 10-18-2022 12:13 PM

Justin Williams reporting Fick confirmed BB suffered concussion in USF game. He's cleared some of the concussion protocols. Hopeful he can play against SMU.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - Edgebrookjeff - 10-18-2022 12:30 PM

If Ben had been upright and taken that hit, there is a definite penalty and maybe ejection. Yet when he is on the ground and after sliding, takes the hit to the head - no penalty. I don't blame the refs there. The rules need to be made crystal clear.