CSNbbs
2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread (/thread-952100.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - UCBearcatlawjd2 - 09-04-2022 12:46 PM

(09-04-2022 12:39 PM)BayTiger Wrote:  
(09-04-2022 08:03 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(08-11-2022 07:08 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I thought that Evan Prater had his best passing day so far. His elite running ability is already established.
“When he takes off with the ball he’s dangerous,” said offensive coordinator Gino Guidugli.

OK, Prater has got to be the QB. The dual threat RPO is what made Ridder's career. If we just have a pocket passer standing back there their D lime will just pin their ears back and they'll load up on the WR's.

I still think they should've at least gave him a look.

The one play he was in there he improvised for a good gain. Their QB killed us the whole game doing just that.

They gave Prater a look in training camp. He didn’t have what it took to win the starting job this year.

Hopefully UC starts destroying so teams so Prater does get reps in case they need him.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - OKIcat - 09-04-2022 12:59 PM

(09-04-2022 12:46 PM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(08-11-2022 07:08 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I thought that Evan Prater had his best passing day so far. His elite running ability is already established.
“When he takes off with the ball he’s dangerous,” said offensive coordinator Gino Guidugli.

OK, Prater has got to be the QB. The dual threat RPO is what made Ridder's career. If we just have a pocket passer standing back there their D lime will just pin their ears back and they'll load up on the WR's.

The one play he was in there he improvised for a good gain. Their QB killed us the whole game doing just that.

They gave Prater a look in training camp. He didn’t have what it took to win the starting job this year.

Hopefully UC starts destroying so teams so Prater does get reps in case they need him.

If Bryant comes out and performs well in the first half this Saturday, it would be great seeing Prater for the second half. I'm not advocating platooning but I would like to see what Prater could do given an entire quarter or half game.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - doss2 - 09-04-2022 01:02 PM

Remember Bryant can return for next year.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - BearcatMan - 09-04-2022 01:47 PM

(09-04-2022 12:59 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(09-04-2022 12:46 PM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  

If Bryant comes out and performs well in the first half this Saturday, it would be great seeing Prater for the second half. I'm not advocating platooning but I would like to see what Prater could do given an entire quarter or half game.

Surefire way to fracture a locker room.

If the game is settled, then throw in Prater, but if you want your guys to remain focused on the prize, you can't be doing that sh*t. 2 QBs=0 QBs.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - Cat-Man - 09-04-2022 01:54 PM

It's so crazy how this is a game of inches. If Bryant connects on just TWO of those overthrows, his stat line would have been 4 TD's and most likely over 400 yards and a victory over a Top 25 SEC team on the road.

I know, I know....if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - CliftonAve - 09-04-2022 02:22 PM

It’s amazing how many guys on UC social media know the QBs better than Fick and Gino. Let’s be honest, you guys like Prater better because he is an athletic local product. If he were from the state of Wyoming instead of the HS you’d give two shytes whether he played or not.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - Bear Catlett - 09-04-2022 02:30 PM

They also gave Hayden Moore the starting job after training camp too. Thank goodness the put Ridder in at UCLA.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - CliftonAve - 09-04-2022 02:35 PM

(09-04-2022 02:30 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  

They also gave Hayden Moore the starting job after training camp too. Thank goodness the put Ridder in at UCLA.

Moore was a 5th year Senior and Des was a raw RS Fresh. Hardly comparable. That being said the plan was to give Moore the first two series and Des the next two. The thing that many still do not get about Des is that in addition to his athleticism he is an extremely strong leader who almost will’s the team to victory. His intangibles are off the chart. That’s why he had the job for four years.

Some if you act like Evan played like Pat Mahomes in camp and Fick was like “Nah, I don’t think so.”

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - Bear Catlett - 09-04-2022 02:52 PM

(09-04-2022 02:35 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Moore was a 5th year Senior and Des was a raw RS Fresh. Hardly comparable. That being said the plan was to give Moore the first two series and Des the next two. The thing that many still do not get about Des is that in addition to his athleticism he is an extremely strong leader who almost will’s the team to victory. His intangibles are off the chart. That’s why he had the job for four years.

Some if you act like Evan played like Pat Mahomes in camp and Fick was like “Nah, I don’t think so.”

So why not do the same thing here? I guess Bryant is going to curl up and suck his thumb if the run Prater out there for a series or two?

Especially as we sat there and watcher their QB, who was far from great thrower, tuck it in and kill us running it time and time again.

Run-pass-OPTION is the way to go. If Prater is such a hideous passer then what's he even doing playing QB. Make him a RB.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - BearcatJerry - 09-04-2022 03:05 PM

^^^^
This.

Forget Prater. The writing on the wall is obvious.

It's time to get Brady Lichtenberg some game-time evaluation. He's the future.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - UCGrad1992 - 09-04-2022 03:20 PM

We're one injury away from Prater so we may still see him yet this year. He didn't get the starting nod but he also didn't get demoted past QB2.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - Kyle Mack - 09-04-2022 03:31 PM

(09-04-2022 01:54 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  It's so crazy how this is a game of inches. If Bryant connects on just TWO of those overthrows, his stat line would have been 4 TD's and most likely over 400 yards and a victory over a Top 25 SEC team on the road.

He rebounded and had a very good 2nd half. Tough enviro for a 1st start.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - Sweetness - 09-04-2022 04:00 PM

(09-04-2022 03:31 PM)Kyle Mack Wrote:  
(09-04-2022 01:54 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  It's so crazy how this is a game of inches. If Bryant connects on just TWO of those overthrows, his stat line would have been 4 TD's and most likely over 400 yards and a victory over a Top 25 SEC team on the road.

He rebounded and had a very good 2nd half. Tough enviro for a 1st start.

He did play better in the 2nd half. But some of his overthrown were also in the 2nd half and cost us touchdowns

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - Cataclysmo - 09-04-2022 04:21 PM

You can tell the program has come far by how many people there are calling for a QB change after a 7 point loss on the road to a top 20 team.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - Bear Catlett - 09-04-2022 04:28 PM

(09-04-2022 04:21 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  You can tell the program has come far by how many people there are calling for a QB change after a 7 point loss on the road to a top 20 team.

Did I ever say change?

I said give Prater a look. Maybe he could have changed the momentum of the game. If he doesn't do anything, put Bryant back in.

Apparently you're happy with yesterday's result? I'm not. We should have won.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - BearcatJerry - 09-04-2022 04:35 PM

(09-04-2022 04:21 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  You can tell the program has come far by how many people there are calling for a QB change after a 7 point loss on the road to a top 20 team.

Yegads! What terrible wretches are we for noting that it could have been a 7 point (or better) win on the road over a top 20 team, if not for the questionable play at the QB position.

On a serious note, I will say that I trust the Coaching staff and their decision making. Clearly they see something in both Bryant and Prater that led them to designating Bryant the Starter and Prater...not. And not just in camp, for they signed off on bringing Bryant BACK INTO the program. Clearly Evan Prater IS NOT "the guy" to lead this program. That's why, in the upcoming FCS game, I don't really want to see Prater taking any significant time...it needs to be Brady Lichtenberg who gets the majority of snaps in the second half (assuming the game is safely out of reach).

Bryant is "the guy" going forward. You have to look towards the future...and that clearly isn't Evan Prater.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - rtaylor - 09-04-2022 05:13 PM

(09-04-2022 02:52 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(09-04-2022 08:03 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I still think they should've at least gave him a look.

So why not do the same thing here? I guess Bryant is going to curl up and suck his thumb if the run Prater out there for a series or two?

Especially as we sat there and watcher their QB, who was far from great thrower, tuck it in and kill us running it time and time again.

Run-pass-OPTION is the way to go. If Prater is such a hideous passer then what's he even doing playing QB. Make him a RB.

You obviously have zero clue what the strengths are for this years team. We are absolutely stacked at wide out and tight end. We need a QB that can actually throw it to them. SMDH

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - CliftonAve - 09-04-2022 05:25 PM

(09-04-2022 05:13 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  
(09-04-2022 02:52 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(09-04-2022 12:39 PM)BayTiger Wrote:  They gave Prater a look in training camp. He didn’t have what it took to win the starting job this year.

You obviously have zero clue what the strengths are for this years team. We are absolutely stacked at wide out and tight end. We need a QB that can actually throw it to them. SMDH

Correct…. This isn’t the 2018 or 2019 Bearcats, we are absolutely loaded at WR and TE. There are two guys at WR who can run legit sub 4.3 forty’s.

I talked to a friend who is a retired DC at the FCS level. He said he would have thrown the ball down field at least 10-12 more times, our guys got separation every time.

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - BearcatMan - 09-04-2022 05:48 PM

(09-04-2022 04:28 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  

Did I ever say change?

I said give Prater a look. Maybe he could have changed the momentum of the game. If he doesn't do anything, put Bryant back in.

Apparently you're happy with yesterday's result? I'm not. We should have won.

Pretty sure Bryant changed the momentum of the game on his own during the second half...then the defense collapsed when they went tempo and we couldn't get our pressure calls in before the snap. Gus Malzhan was watching that and doing unsavory things to himself.

I domt think any of us are happy with the result yesterday, but I also think there is a rational response (the coaches who watch these guys day-in, day-out know who to put where and how to utilize them better than message board posters) and an emotional one (throw in the guy with zero game experience and a lesser arm in the middle of a game on the road in a hostile environment because he is a combination of from Cincinnati and was considered a good player in high school).

RE: 2022 Bearcats Football Season Thread - UCGrad1992 - 09-04-2022 05:54 PM

Moore vs Ridder
Ridder vs Bryant
Bryant vs Prater

[Image: luke-fickell-uncomfortable-meeting-mike-houston.jpg]

Relax. I got this.