CSNbbs
Congratulations Ryan Rollins - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+---- Thread: Congratulations Ryan Rollins (/thread-949540.html)

Congratulations Ryan Rollins - Eagle66 - 06-24-2022 04:24 AM

Rollins was drafted at #14 of the second round (44 overall) last night by the Atlanta Hawks. Looks like he was then traded to the Warriors. Always like to see MAC players drafted. Good luck Ryan!!

Edit: Tweet from UT… https://twitter.com/toledo_mbb/status/1540181997150257152

RE: Congratulations Ryan Rollins - pono - 06-25-2022 02:43 PM

The Warriors GM said he expects Rollins to be on the 15 man roster this season. He was surprised that Rollins was still on the board in the 40s and when he found out that Atlanta was willing to trade down for cash he got the team owner to drop $2 million to move up from #51 to #44. So, a pretty big commitment on a mid 2nd round pick. Great landing spot for Rollins and gives the MAC back to back draft picks for the first time in over 20 years.

RE: Congratulations Ryan Rollins - Luckeyone - 06-28-2022 02:35 PM

Nice article on Rollins

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMib2h0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lm5iY3Nwb3J0cy5jb20vYmF5YXJlYS93YXJyaW9ycy9zdGV2ZS1rZXJyLWRhenpsZWQtcnlhbi1yb2xsaW5zLXdvcmtvdXQtYW1pZC13YXJyaW9ycy1uYmEtZmluYWxzLXJ1btIBc2h0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lm5iY3Nwb3J0cy5jb20vYmF5YXJlYS93YXJyaW9ycy9zdGV2ZS1rZXJyLWRhenpsZWQtcnlhbi1yb2xsaW5zLXdvcmtvdXQtYW1pZC13YXJyaW9ycy1uYmEtZmluYWxzLXJ1bj9hbXA?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

RE: Congratulations Ryan Rollins - axeme - 06-28-2022 07:08 PM

No excuses if Rollins can’t knock that aging shooter they currently have out of the starting lineup!

(Seriously, this may have been the best of all possible landing spots for him.)

RE: Congratulations Ryan Rollins - Luckeyone - 07-18-2022 01:38 PM

Nice article on Ryan Rollins with a short interview. He should have been an EMU Eagle :-)

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEByT1-QcSl8PB5COOGzLAW4qMwgEKioIACIQEk6K8sD1FNz_pDwmBxqftioUCAoiEBJOivLA9RTc_6Q8Jgcan7Yww9bHBg?uo=CAUiANIBAA&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

RE: Congratulations Ryan Rollins - Macfan123 - 07-18-2022 10:20 PM

(07-18-2022 01:38 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Nice article on Ryan Rollins with a short interview. He should have been an EMU Eagle :-)

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEByT1-QcSl8PB5COOGzLAW4qMwgEKioIACIQEk6K8sD1FNz_pDwmBxqftioUCAoiEBJOivLA9RTc_6Q8Jgcan7Yww9bHBg?uo=CAUiANIBAA&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

All intentions still seem to be rollins being signed On to the 15 man roster by the warriors just a matter of when, as far as him being an EMU eagle well I don’t kno about that, I guess you can blame rob Murphy for not even offering him lol

RE: Congratulations Ryan Rollins - Basketball Jones - 07-29-2022 09:42 AM

Rollins reportedly signing a 3 year $4.8M contract with Warriors, with 1st & 2nd years guaranteed! Great 2nd round contract for a Mid Major Player who obviously the Warriors think very highly of. Rollins obviously got some good advice prior to the draft and made a very wise (financial) decision to come out a year early!

RE: Congratulations Ryan Rollins - pono - 07-30-2022 02:29 AM

(07-29-2022 09:42 AM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  Rollins reportedly signing a 3 year $4.8M contract with Warriors, with 1st & 2nd years guaranteed! Great 2nd round contract for a Mid Major Player who obviously the Warriors think very highly of. Rollins obviously got some good advice prior to the draft and made a very wise (financial) decision to come out a year early!

Basketball Jones, I don't argue with you on much, but I'd say it was less good early advice than him making a decision based on the final NBA post combine feedback and projections. After he went through everything they rated him likely to go between 25-45 with zero chance of being undrafted. That's when he confirmed he was staying in the draft. He went at the back end of that range to a team that traded up knowing he was good value at that spot.

obviously, this is very good money for a 20 year old-maybe $850,000/yr after taxes, agent fees, work related training, travel, relocating, etc..but he isn't the new elon musk on this deal.

that will also be a good contract for the warriors if rollins is a promising young player. they can continue to pay him like a 2nd round rookie for 3 years and then have bird rights to lock him down with a long term extension if he turns into an important player. everything so far suggests rollins-with health-could have a long run in the Bay.

RE: Congratulations Ryan Rollins - Macfan123 - 07-30-2022 07:00 AM

(07-30-2022 02:29 AM)pono Wrote:  
(07-29-2022 09:42 AM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  Rollins reportedly signing a 3 year $4.8M contract with Warriors, with 1st & 2nd years guaranteed! Great 2nd round contract for a Mid Major Player who obviously the Warriors think very highly of. Rollins obviously got some good advice prior to the draft and made a very wise (financial) decision to come out a year early!

Basketball Jones, I don't argue with you on much, but I'd say it was less good early advice than him making a decision based on the final NBA post combine feedback and projections. After he went through everything they rated him likely to go between 25-45 with zero chance of being undrafted. That's when he confirmed he was staying in the draft. He went at the back end of that range to a team that traded up knowing he was good value at that spot.

obviously, this is very good money for a 20 year old-maybe $850,000/yr after taxes, agent fees, work related training, travel, relocating, etc..but he isn't the new elon musk on this deal.

that will also be a good contract for the warriors if rollins is a promising young player. they can continue to pay him like a 2nd round rookie for 3 years and then have bird rights to lock him down with a long term extension if he turns into an important player. everything so far suggests rollins-with health-could have a long run in the Bay.

The warriors think very highly of Rollins, reports say warriors wanted to trade back into first round to grab him but couldn’t get a deal done. I just think rollins landed in a great spot, has a chance to learn from a great group of veterans and championship DNA team. It’s no doubt in my mind rollins will have a 10 year plus nba career

RE: Congratulations Ryan Rollins - Luckeyone - 07-30-2022 07:14 AM

Well done Ryan Rollins!

RE: Congratulations Ryan Rollins - Luckeyone - 09-07-2022 08:32 PM

Nice article on Ryan Rollins

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiS2h0dHBzOi8vc3BvcnRzLnlhaG9vLmNvbS9uYmEtcnVtb3JzLXdhcnJpb3JzLW9wdGltaXN0aWMtcnlhbi0yMzM1MzgzODMuaHRtbNIBU2h0dHBzOi8vc3BvcnRzLnlhaG9vLmNvbS9hbXBodG1sL25iYS1ydW1vcnMtd2FycmlvcnMtb3B0aW1pc3RpYy1yeWFuLTIzMzUzODM4My5odG1s?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

RE: Congratulations Ryan Rollins - pono - 09-08-2022 03:40 AM

i didn't post this earlier cuz it's behind a paywall for most folks but a fun and in depth article by a great sports desk here

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/warriors/article/ryan-rollins-second-round-bet-17338954.php

you might be able to do a .99 cent trial