CSNbbs
RIP Brig Owens - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: RIP Brig Owens (/thread-949455.html)

RIP Brig Owens - BearcatMan - 06-22-2022 04:19 PM

I believe the longest tenured NFL player who graduated from the University of Cincinnati, Brig Owens, passed today. He was well before my time and i never met him personally, but many had pretty incredible stories about the man and the athlete at functions for the AD.

RE: RIP Brig Owens - cpawstoney - 06-22-2022 05:54 PM

Former UC, NFL football player Brigman Owens dies at 79

RE: RIP Brig Owens - cpawstoney - 06-22-2022 05:56 PM

Former Washington defensive back Brig Owens dies at 79

RE: RIP Brig Owens - doss2 - 06-22-2022 08:25 PM

He was QB on team that got passed over for bowl. We shared MVC Championship with Tulsa and beat Tulsa, but Tulsa got the Bowl and we got the toilet. The had Jerry Rhome (Heisman runner-up) and Howard Twilley WR.

RE: RIP Brig Owens - vabearcat - 06-23-2022 07:09 AM

Great man. Was captain of the Redskins and later head of the NFL Players Association. Would see him and speak with him in Annapolis when UC played Navy or we played in the Military Bowl. A fine gentleman and always gracious and humble, notwithstanding his many athletic and life achievements.

RE: RIP Brig Owens - OKIcat - 06-23-2022 04:15 PM

(06-23-2022 07:09 AM)vabearcat Wrote:  Great man. Was captain of the Redskins and later head of the NFL Players Association. Would see him and speak with him in Annapolis when UC played Navy or we played in the Military Bowl. A fine gentleman and always gracious and humble, notwithstanding his many athletic and life achievements.

Bolded, I can only echo your comments. Brig was a class act. I had the pleasure of hosting him on campus for a couple of days as he was honored as one of UC's "Alumni Masters" about 18 years ago. The words that come to my mind: bright, articulate, a polished speaker but soft spoken, and humble one on one. A true gentleman.

We've lost a great Bearcat.