CSNbbs
Huskie Stadium "anniversary" coming up? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Huskie Stadium "anniversary" coming up? (/thread-948720.html)

Huskie Stadium "anniversary" coming up? - pvk75 - 06-07-2022 02:57 PM

According to Mike Korcek, in a column or commentary in 2014, the home game vs. Presbyterian on Aug. 28, 2014, was the 257th game played at Huskie Stadium.

Counting forward from there, the Oct. 8 game vs. Toledo will not only be NIU's 115th Homecoming, but also THE 300TH GAME at Huskie Stadium.

(I counted each home game since #257 carefully, twice, but even then nobody's perfect. Double-check anyone?).

If my counting is correct, there's a huge opportunity here for NIU to put together a video of the biggest/best home game "moments" at HS. Maybe for pre-game showing in the HAF tent, on the stadium videoboard, etc.

Also might be a good time for a special stadium improvement fund-raiser.

I wonder if the A.Dept. is aware of this "anniversary" for the old Dog House.

RE: Huskie Stadium "anniversary" coming up? - epasnoopy - 06-07-2022 03:13 PM

Great factoid. Thanks for doing that research.

RE: Huskie Stadium "anniversary" coming up? - Schaefer Beer - 06-07-2022 03:27 PM

(06-07-2022 02:57 PM)pvk75 Wrote:  According to Mike Korcek, in a column or commentary in 2014, the home game vs. Presbyterian on Aug. 28, 2014, was the 257th game played at Huskie Stadium.

Counting forward from there, the Oct. 8 game vs. Toledo will not only be NIU's 115th Homecoming, but also THE 300TH GAME at Huskie Stadium.

(I counted each home game since #257 carefully, twice, but even then nobody's perfect. Double-check anyone?).

If my counting is correct, there's a huge opportunity here for NIU to put together a video of the biggest/best home game "moments" at HS. Maybe for pre-game showing in the HAF tent, on the stadium videoboard, etc.

Also might be a good time for a special stadium improvement fund-raiser.

I wonder if the A.Dept. is aware of this "anniversary" for the old Dog House.

Good point and I agree, let's hope they make it a memorable Homecoming/300th Huskie game experience for all the fans to enjoy and remember.

I just hate to see a good opportunity to impress everyone windd up like last year's 10 year anniversary of 2011 team with no fanfare.... Or players from the 2011 team.

The brass ring is there again for NIU to impress, let's hope they grab it this time.

PS, I would have liked to see Presbyterian be the 300th game so I can wear my blue hose again. (I know it is an old routing but the name Blue Hose still cracks me up).

RE: Huskie Stadium "anniversary" coming up? - HUSKiESbelieve - 06-08-2022 09:46 AM

That would be great if they could promote the anniversary game and do something special!