CSNbbs
Tray Maddox Jr. is on board. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: Bronco Basketball (/forum-488.html)
+------ Thread: Tray Maddox Jr. is on board. (/thread-946397.html)

Tray Maddox Jr. is on board. - jubbasubba - 04-19-2022 01:00 PM

Spent two years at Oakland and two at Cal State Fullerton. Originally from Novi and will finish his career in Kalamazoo.

RE: Tray Maddox Jr. is on board. - okgc - 04-19-2022 01:24 PM

https://twitter.com/traveonmaddoxjr/status/1516462038922448904?s=10&t=NMnItW4lttM48VYf_4i3uA

RE: Tray Maddox Jr. is on board. - gobaseline - 04-19-2022 09:34 PM

https://bustingbrackets.com/2021/09/08/big-west-basketball-in-depth-look-at-cal-state-fullerton-star-tray-maddox-jr/3/

Write up before last season. Mack Smith like but a little longer.

Did get 50+ FTA up and cashed in at 83% an uptick from previous campaigns. Also signifies he has learned to take to the rim and not simply shoot 3's. Threat to drive slows up close outs giving cleaner looks and vice versa.

RE: Tray Maddox Jr. is on board. - HaymondAtThe4 - 04-20-2022 05:19 PM

Wow that write up got me excited. We might be decent next year. I wonder if they'll go small with a lineup like Norman, White, Hannah, Maddox, Hastings.

RE: Tray Maddox Jr. is on board. - ess - 04-20-2022 08:21 PM

Curious move.

There is now one scholarship left to give.

Given the current roster.

This means 1 of 3 things to me.

1. He REALLY likes Shemani, and doesn't feel the need to bring in another big.
2. He feels comfortable at the point, even with BAW recovering from an extensive surgery (Gus and BAW).
3. He's getting ready to run kids out of the program (clear some "cap space").

It will be interesting to watch.

RE: Tray Maddox Jr. is on board. - gobaseline - 04-20-2022 11:30 PM

(04-20-2022 08:21 PM)ess Wrote:  Curious move.

There is now one scholarship left to give.

Given the current roster.

This means 1 of 3 things to me.

1. He REALLY likes Shemani, and doesn't feel the need to bring in another big.
2. He feels comfortable at the point, even with BAW recovering from an extensive surgery (Gus and BAW).
3. He's getting ready to run kids out of the program (clear some "cap space").

It will be interesting to watch.

I think Ray mentioned that Bates had a Juco wing in his back pocket who was waiting to see how job security played out. Meaning a wing not a guard or a stretch 4 was still needed. Wonder if this signing mirrors that thinking.

Also Ray hinted at that another 4/5 or 5 was likely so when Titus sits someone is there to hold serve. Is the offer to Jamal, Stephens way of 2nding that thinking?

Regarding not renewing a scholarship there were two, in my mind that had yet to prove pending dividends. Kimble and Fuller. I mention Fuller because the previous staff opted to play Lobsinger and not Fuller. Hannah's presence with a "finer" skill set may pose a threat to Cam. But Hannah like Freeman isnt a true wing. The inclusion of the new player too may work against Cam. But maybe not.

Currently made up the remaining hole is as mentioned someone to split time with Titus (think Sparks of BSU) and as ESS stated at PG.

Time will tell.

RE: Tray Maddox Jr. is on board. - okgc - 04-21-2022 05:46 AM

^ Fuller was late addition & missed all summer workouts during Summer II. Easy call to offer Redshirt.

RE: Tray Maddox Jr. is on board. - gobaseline - 04-21-2022 07:43 AM

(04-21-2022 05:46 AM)okgc Wrote:  ^ Fuller was late addition & missed all summer workouts during Summer II. Easy call to offer Redshirt.

Why redshirt if he is better than say Owen? The staff knew they had a small window to produce a winning product. If Fuller was a difference maker I'd of thought he'd play and not scrimmage. Now since that time he may very well have bloomed and all. I get that. But that would be a significant move imo.

RE: Tray Maddox Jr. is on board. - rayray1 - 05-15-2022 04:05 PM

Elvis Nnaji out of Minnesota was the 4/5. He was coming until the coaching change. Just committed to George Mason.
Athletic and physical freak.

RE: Tray Maddox Jr. is on board. - okgc - 07-03-2022 06:01 AM

Maddox Jr. transfers to Western Michigan after 2 years at Fullerton
https://www.hometownlife.com/story/sports/2022/07/02/maddox-jr-transfers-western-michigan-after-2-years-fullerton/7777933001/