CSNbbs
ESPN Says Rockets Win MAC Football - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: ESPN Says Rockets Win MAC Football (/thread-946217.html)

ESPN Says Rockets Win MAC Football - DetroitRocket - 04-15-2022 02:43 AM

Blade: The University of Toledo football team has the best chance of winning the Mid-American Conference, according to to the first ESPN Football Power Index of the 2022 season released Thursday.

ESPN’s FPI, a leading college football prediction metric, gives the Rockets a 37.8 percent chance of winning the league title this fall, well ahead of Miami (Ohio) at 16.5 percent and Buffalo at 15.3 percent.

Overall, Toledo is No. 68 in the FPI. The second-best MAC team is Buffalo at No. 95.

RE: ESPN Says Rockets Win MAC Football - rockytop - 04-15-2022 06:42 AM

Here we go again.

RE: ESPN Says Rockets Win MAC Football - Party on the hill - 04-15-2022 07:22 AM

WHY? Did we get a new offensive line & coach? I missed that announcement!

RE: ESPN Says Rockets Win MAC Football - falconplucker - 04-15-2022 07:36 AM

I can't even......

RE: ESPN Says Rockets Win MAC Football - DetroitRocket - 04-15-2022 07:37 AM

(04-15-2022 07:22 AM)Party on the hill Wrote:  WHY? Did we get a new offensive line & coach? I missed that announcement!

No. And Candle is still the coach, calling his own "offensive" plays and with a bunch of his buddies on the staff. In spring interviews he has said nothing about the offensive line giving up so many sacks, the incredible amount of penalties and game mismanagement that he is responsible for. You know, Candle is probably a decent guy, but he is so stubborn and won't change because he believes what he's doing is right.

RE: ESPN Says Rockets Win MAC Football - stpeterocketfan - 04-15-2022 07:48 AM

Once again, we will be in contention, but it sure would be nice to win more consistently.

RE: ESPN Says Rockets Win MAC Football - indianasniff - 04-15-2022 07:51 AM

Since ESPN broadcasts from Bristol so darn much anymore they probably are just looking at returning position players.

Oh how I wish he would have taken the Miami OC job

RE: ESPN Says Rockets Win MAC Football - rocket 51 - 04-15-2022 09:57 AM

Last thing we needed is more inflated pre-season hype. More things for this team/staff to read and ingest. Agree that nothing has changed since the last time we heard this type of info...just win and get back on the bus. Pure and simple.

RE: ESPN Says Rockets Win MAC Football - Springboromark - 04-15-2022 08:05 PM

Yes same song and dance !

RE: ESPN Says Rockets Win MAC Football - Boca Rocket - 04-16-2022 10:51 AM

W.ho am I to deny the obvious truth.