CSNbbs
Just a quick SBC Wide note: - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Just a quick SBC Wide note: (/thread-945822.html)

Pages: 1 2

Just a quick SBC Wide note: - chiefsfan - 04-07-2022 08:37 AM

Mods are in the process of relocating the Marshall/ODU/USM forums to SBCbbs. Marshall's board moved over yesterday. ODU will move in a few days, and USM will follow after that.

For now they will be under the "new members" section.

We hope to have all 14 forums located in their correct places within a few weeks so the banter can begin.

(I posted this on the conference forum as well, just putting it here for visibility)

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - chiefsfan - 04-07-2022 08:51 AM

ODU board has now moved over:
https://csnbbs.com/forum-688.html

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - ODUODUODU - 04-08-2022 07:43 AM

Ok.... I'm now an official more frequent "lurker" on the JMU Board. Happy to see the record breaking "Newest Conference Rumor" thread dead. Also happy we both are reunited in league competition.

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - JMad03 - 04-08-2022 07:57 AM

(04-08-2022 07:43 AM)ODUODUODU Wrote:  Ok.... I'm now an official more frequent "lurker" on the JMU Board. Happy to see the record breaking "Newest Conference Rumor" thread dead. Also happy we both are reunited in league competition.

THIS! And to think there was one almost as long on the old boards. It was a discussion far too long and couldn't be happier about the ending.
I'm happy that we are reunited as well. Rivalries are good.
A lot has changed, but I have no doubt we'll be hating each other again haha.

Just a quick SBC Wide note: - hburg - 04-08-2022 08:06 AM

The internal hate that JMU fans have for ODU and vice versa is real. We will have the greatest college rivalry in Virginia....well VT/UVA isn't exactly a rivalry.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - AssyrianDuke - 04-08-2022 08:14 AM

(04-08-2022 07:43 AM)ODUODUODU Wrote:  Ok.... I'm now an official more frequent "lurker" on the JMU Board. Happy to see the record breaking "Newest Conference Rumor" thread dead. Also happy we both are reunited in league competition.

RIP to the best thread on the internet.

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - JMad03 - 04-08-2022 09:21 AM

(04-08-2022 08:14 AM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  

Dbl post ignre disagrees.

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - AssyrianDuke - 04-09-2022 10:14 AM

(04-08-2022 09:21 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  

Ah good call. I also remember the "Shot down a Blue Hen Hottie" from the old CAAZone. Good times, gooood times.

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - ParentofJMUMRDs - 04-09-2022 11:07 AM

Also do not forget the classic punting cotti thread!!

Brian

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - JMaddy - 04-09-2022 09:41 PM

(04-09-2022 10:14 AM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  
(04-08-2022 09:21 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  

Ah good call. I also remember the "Shot down a Blue Hen Hottie" from the old CAAZone. Good times, gooood times.

That should have been a "Shot two into a Blue Hen Hottie last night (then dissed her)" thread

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - THUNDERStruck73 - 04-14-2022 08:24 PM

"Hiya folks! FBSDave here. I've been thinking. I know you all have just joined an awesome conference in the Sun Belt, but you all would be so much better off as FBS Indy! You wouldn't be restricted to anything and you could keep all of your other sports in the CAA. They would take you back with open arms."

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - BleedingPurple - 04-14-2022 09:07 PM

(04-14-2022 08:24 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  "Hiya folks! FBSDave here. I've been thinking. I know you all have just joined an awesome conference in the Sun Belt, but you all would be so much better off as FBS Indy! You wouldn't be restricted to anything and you could keep all of your other sports in the CAA. They would take you back with open arms."

That poster was one of those who shows up for a couple months then disappears, never heard from again.

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - JMad03 - 04-15-2022 08:08 AM

(04-14-2022 08:24 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  "Hiya folks! FBSDave here. I've been thinking. I know you all have just joined an awesome conference in the Sun Belt, but you all would be so much better off as FBS Indy! You wouldn't be restricted to anything and you could keep all of your other sports in the CAA. They would take you back with open arms."

So you congratulate us on joining an awesome conference but think we'd be better off as Indy?
For context, Liberty was Indy and opted to join unarguably the worst FBS conference ever known to man.
Joining the Sun Belt has been proof of the strength of joining a conference. A group of schools working together.
As for your last point, the CAA is NOT that. The CAA was taking advantage of the size of our fan base and were doing it to JMU's face. JMU left the CAA for the Sun Belt in all sports for a reason. This was a long time coming. JMU wanted to grow with the CAA and the CAA was happy being what it was. The CAA penalizes the athletes- the same ones they say they care about. Don't forget that they didn't even acknowledge the petition that was signed by athletes of current CAA schools, essentially telling them their voice is meaningless, nor will they acknowledge them.
Good riddance to the CAA.

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - AssyrianDuke - 04-15-2022 08:50 AM

(04-14-2022 09:07 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

That poster was one of those who shows up for a couple months then disappears, never heard from again.

I believe that is the textbook definition of a troll.

(04-15-2022 08:08 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  

So you congratulate us on joining an awesome conference but think we'd be better off as Indy?
For context, Liberty was Indy and opted to join unarguably the worst FBS conference ever known to man.
Joining the Sun Belt has been proof of the strength of joining a conference. A group of schools working together.
As for your last point, the CAA is NOT that. The CAA was taking advantage of the size of our fan base and were doing it to JMU's face. JMU left the CAA for the Sun Belt in all sports for a reason. This was a long time coming. JMU wanted to grow with the CAA and the CAA was happy being what it was. The CAA penalizes the athletes- the same ones they say they care about. Don't forget that they didn't even acknowledge the petition that was signed by athletes of current CAA schools, essentially telling them their voice is meaningless, nor will they acknowledge them.

I think you missed the sarcasm in Thunder's (not FBSDave's) post. There was a poster named FBSDave that thought we should go Indy in football, and most people laughed off his arguments. Thunder is making a sarcastic, tongue in cheek comment in the guise of FBSDave to continue making the same stupid arguments that he made a couple months before the move to SBC was announced.

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - JMad03 - 04-15-2022 09:00 AM

(04-15-2022 08:50 AM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  
(04-14-2022 09:07 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

I believe that is the textbook definition of a troll.

I think you missed the sarcasm in Thunder's (not FBSDave's) post. There was a poster named FBSDave that thought we should go Indy in football, and most people laughed off his arguments. Thunder is making a sarcastic, tongue in cheek comment in the guise of FBSDave to continue making the same stupid arguments that he made a couple months before the move to SBC was announced.

I was being sarcastic too...... yeah, that's the ticket......

Wow, I thought he was being completely serious. I would like to apologize to everyone and myself for taking the time to write that haha.
Now that I read it again, I totally get it.
Thunder's post was far too accurate! Haha.
Thunder, my apologies. Well played.

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - bridgeforthduke - 04-15-2022 09:07 AM

FBS Dave last posted in February 2021 after saying he was being "voted off the island". Didn't even come back for the party once FBS happened.

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - JMad03 - 04-15-2022 10:33 AM

(04-15-2022 09:07 AM)bridgeforthduke Wrote:  FBS Dave last posted in February 2021 after saying he was being "voted off the island". Didn't even come back for the party once FBS happened.

Wasn't FBS Dave a Villanova fan? I recall many of his scenarios regarding Villanova being FBS even though they had never expressed interest or a plan for FBS.

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - AssyrianDuke - 04-15-2022 10:49 AM

If I recall correctly, they did vaguely express an interest back in the late 90s or early 00s I believe, but the renovations and expansion of the stadium made it essentially a non starter.

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - THUNDERStruck73 - 04-15-2022 07:46 PM

03-banghead I have failed.

EDIT: Saw your reply. No worries, brother. I was in constant argument with that fool. I always said if you all just stood fast, an invite would come. Hmmmm. Looks like Thunder knew better than Dave.

RE: Just a quick SBC Wide note: - THUNDERStruck73 - 04-15-2022 07:55 PM

But just for future reference, if you ever see me begin a post with, "Hiya folks, (insert poster) here,..." , it is very sarcastic. hahahaha