CSNbbs
I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address (/thread-945591.html)

Pages: 1 2

I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - falconplucker - 04-03-2022 08:23 AM

I was walking through the parking lot after the WNIT game, and I found what looked to be notes for a speech. I assumed it was coach Candle's speech

"First of all, thank you to all of the fans and alums for coming out to the Spring Game today. It was a spirited spring game. I've decided to answer a few questions that fans have sent to me in the offseason. It appears that people may misunderstand my philosophy.

Question 1 from Billy Stevens of Delta: "With all of the number one rated recruiting classes during your tenure, when do you expect that to result in another MAC championship?"

That's a great question Billy. As you know, most Teams in the MAC recruit the same players. Despite those rankings, the difference in talent between opposing recruiting classes is very small. We just happen to lose to all of those opposing recruiting classes.

Question 2 from Patty Johnson of Bancroft Street: "It seems like Toledo has better facilities and a stronger fan following than most in the MAC. Why can't you win big games?"

Great Question Patty! I believe a better MAC is a strong MAC. Following our championship in 2017, I decided to spread the wealth. I feel like the results have been pretty solid. Just look, NIU passed our program in only 2 years! Amazing!

Question 3 from Dave Patterson of Rossford: "What are you doing to address the penalty issues?!! How in the hell does that happen every !*$#+@? year?"

Appreciate your passion Dave! We like to challenge our players, especially on the offensive side of the ball during crucial downs. Anyone can make 3rd and 1 on regular basis. Rocket Nation is about challenge and adversity. We feel that converting a 3rd and 15 is much more fulfilling. Some schools like to be known as "Linebacker U" or "Quarterback U" . We want to be known as False Start U! Sometimes we throw in things for extra challenges. My favorite is to have 3 different coaches, tell 3 different platers, 3 different plays during a crucial down, and then sit back and watch them work through it.

Question 4 from Del of The 19th Hole: "How do you see this season playing out?"

Well, we like to take one game at time, but generally we like to create excitement early, then stomp it out with a close loss to bigger opponent and few disappointing losses to help bring our fans back to reality. I feel like San Diego State could be our "almost" game, followed by a blowout loss to NIU and maybe BGSU at home.

Last Question from I P Freely of Monroe: "I've heard rumors of a key player leaving the program. Any truth to that?"

Look, I believe there was some kind of misunderstanding with Winstead. I'm having our coaches address that by creating burner accounts and harassing Winstead about his decision. Hopefully that shows the other players what Rocket Nation is all about.

On a side note, there were some injuries this spring. Some were bigger injuries than others.

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - DetroitRocket - 04-03-2022 09:04 AM

01-ncaabbs

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - eastisbest - 04-03-2022 11:15 AM

Its always the Eastsiders with the potty-mouth :D

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - IamN2daRockets! - 04-03-2022 11:39 AM

Lolol…. Pretty much true and spot-on. Clever

However- I have a feeling we get over the mountain this season. I’m feeling it. I’m not going to beat a drum but I like this team and staff very much

Go Rockets!!!

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - Babes boy - 04-03-2022 12:44 PM

(04-03-2022 11:39 AM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  Lolol…. Pretty much true and spot-on. Clever

However- I have a feeling we get over the mountain this season. I’m feeling it. I’m not going to beat a drum but I like this team and staff very much

Go Rockets!!!

I have that feeling every year. After that game in South Bend I thought man this is going to be a great year. Only to be let down at home the following week. Or was it the ne t week. I’m trying to forget it.

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - rocket 51 - 04-03-2022 12:52 PM

That, was very good!

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - inductchuck16 - 04-03-2022 02:00 PM

Lmao! I can practically hear those words in Jason Candle's tone and voice. Spot on.

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - IamN2daRockets! - 04-03-2022 10:24 PM

(04-03-2022 12:44 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  
(04-03-2022 11:39 AM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  Lolol…. Pretty much true and spot-on. Clever

Go Rockets!!!

I have that feeling every year. After that game in South Bend I thought man this is going to be a great year. Only to be let down at home the following week. Or was it the ne t week. I’m trying to forget it.

The Colorado State loss was the worst loss ever for me as a Rocket fan. TOTAL INEPTITUDE AND STUPID PENALTIES It proved to be Carter Bradley’s Watlerloo. Our season and his career at UT were both over on the same game. I left the game thinking back one week and what could have been and what was not to be. 2021 was an exceedingly frustrating season.

I remain optimistic

Go Rockets !!!!!!!!

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - Boca Rocket - 04-04-2022 07:22 AM

(04-03-2022 10:24 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  
(04-03-2022 12:44 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  

Go Rockets!!!

The Colorado State loss was the worst loss ever for me as a Rocket fan. TOTAL INEPTITUDE AND STUPID PENALTIES It proved to be Carter Bradley’s Watlerloo. Our season and his career at UT were both over on the same game. I left the game thinking back one week and what could have been and what was not to be. 2021 was an exceedingly frustrating season.

I remain optimistic

Go Rockets !!!!!!!!

Colorado St game:
Bradley passing 22-36 254 yds 0 tds 0 ints 1 fumble lost
Finn passing 3-7 16 yds 0 tds 0 ints 0 fumbles
Both UT QBs were sacked several times. A Bradley passing td was nullified by an OL holding call.
Toledo OL blew up a bunch of drives with penalties.
Rockets rushed 28 times for 13 yds, 0 tds.
UT Special teams gave up a 70 yd punt returns. The game's only td.

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - IamN2daRockets! - 04-04-2022 09:33 AM

Boca:

Numbers don't lie. He had an OK numbers game but that still was the end for him. Bradley was never ever the same after that game. Coaches lost faith in him very shortly. Poor touch and decisions. He'd have played if he could move the team.

It was the most frustrating game for me ever. I'm not laying the loss at Bradley's feet. We had crap line play all season. Some jelling started late in season but it was too little too late. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND OUR PERSISTENT LACK OF DISCIPLINE RELATIVE TO STUPID DRIVE KILLING PENALTIES!!!!!!!!

I'm still very optimistic for 2022

Go Rockets!

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - Boca Rocket - 04-04-2022 10:48 AM

(04-04-2022 09:33 AM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  Boca:

Numbers don't lie. He had an OK numbers game but that still was the end for him. Bradley was never ever the same after that game. Coaches lost faith in him very shortly. Poor touch and decisions. He'd have played if he could move the team.

It was the most frustrating game for me ever. I'm not laying the loss at Bradley's feet. We had crap line play all season. Some jelling started late in season but it was too little too late. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND OUR PERSISTENT LACK OF DISCIPLINE RELATIVE TO STUPID DRIVE KILLING PENALTIES!!!!!!!!

Go Rockets!

I don't think it was touch as much trying to get rid of the fb quickly trying not to be sacked. I also wonder about guys that were making catches a year dropping the fb in 2021.

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - IamN2daRockets! - 04-04-2022 11:58 AM

(04-04-2022 10:48 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Go Rockets!

I don't think it was touch as much trying to get rid of the fb quickly trying not to be sacked. I also wonder about guys that were making catches a year dropping the fb in 2021.

There was definitely a "hurry" issue all season for Finn and Bradley but Bradley was a laser throwing QB. Coaches always knew he had the strongest arm but touch/finesse was an issue. Dropping passes into tight coverage and throwing to "spots" were seemingly not his thing. IMHO. Is this Finns strong suit? Last QB on this level was Woodside. There were a lot of dropped balls. I think that's why Winstead lost his spot to Landers. I commented in another thread that we are thin at WR going into 2022. I'm expecting break-out seasons from Landers, Blankumsee, & Stephens. I'm expecting more from Newton but it hasn't popped yet.

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - Boca Rocket - 04-04-2022 12:14 PM

Receivers need to get better separation.

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - inductchuck16 - 04-04-2022 08:52 PM

(04-04-2022 09:33 AM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  It was the most frustrating game for me ever.

Did you not sit through the BG game in 2019?

Luckily, I was out of town for a wedding for the Colorado St. game, but hard to imagine any game worse than '19 BG. Both games during Candle's tenure, go figure.

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - Rocket_Fanatic - 04-04-2022 10:22 PM

(04-04-2022 08:52 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(04-04-2022 09:33 AM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  It was the most frustrating game for me ever.

Luckily, I was out of town for a wedding for the Colorado St. game, but hard to imagine any game worse than '19 BG. Both games during Candle's tenure, go figure.

I’ll never forget how shocked, pissed off and embarrassed I felt walking out of that stadium. I thought we’d win by 40. Thank God I had Polleyes to comfort me postgame…

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - Babes boy - 04-04-2022 10:42 PM

(04-04-2022 10:22 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  

I’ll never forget how shocked, pissed off and embarrassed I felt walking out of that stadium. I thought we’d win by 40. Thank God I had Polleyes to comfort me postgame…

I believe that game was close if not worsterest game ever. I say it the way I see it. The loss there was very hurtful. My hour and a half drive home along was no fun at all

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - eastisbest - 04-05-2022 07:14 AM

(04-04-2022 10:48 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Go Rockets!

He had one speed and trajectory on the ball, whether rushed or not. Fast and flat. That's how I recall it too.

But to the Colo St game, I believe he was knocked out of that game. I recall remarking that he didn't look like he wanted to be IN the game any longer, if body language can be read but injury was the official reason. Maybe that too?

It was a very frustrating game that looked like we had the talent to win.

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - rocket 51 - 04-05-2022 11:02 AM

Heard Coach Candle actually say this week at an event that "it was on him that they came out flat for CSU game but that you could understand after such an emotional game at ND". Am hopeful for this season but it has to be much better with us in the Championship fight to the end; No more of us being done at the beginning of November.

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - Boca Rocket - 04-05-2022 11:13 AM

Brian Kelly got bumped up to a $9.5 million salary for his 3 point win over the Rockets.

RE: I Found a Copy of What Looks Like Coach Candle's Spring Game Address - inductchuck16 - 04-05-2022 10:33 PM

(04-04-2022 10:22 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  

We were favored by 27.5 points FFS!