CSNbbs
Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble (/thread-941528.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - UnivCinBrct - 02-03-2022 10:58 AM

This always amazes me that our G5 school has something so basic that an NFL team doesn't. Amazingly excited about the Bengals run this season, but, just, wow.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-practice-bearcats-indoor-bubble-141222887.html

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - RealDeal - 02-03-2022 10:59 AM

(02-03-2022 10:58 AM)UnivCinBrct Wrote:  This always amazes me that our G5 school has something so basic that an NFL team doesn't. Amazingly excited about the Bengals run this season, but, just, wow.

Not to mention it's a resource that UC considers inadequate as they're building a full indoor facility.

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - cpawstoney - 02-03-2022 01:13 PM

How about a big donation from Mike Brown to get the new facility built. For a few mil, put his name on it and allow the Bengals to use it whenever it doesn't conflict with our use.

What a deal.

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - OKIcat - 02-03-2022 01:19 PM

It should be an embarrassment to a Super Bowl team to have to utilize a university's bubble practice facility to prepare for the biggest game in franchise history. I give credit to UC for making it available for the greater good of our city's pro team and the positive public relations it brings.

If there is no direct financial remuneration to UC for use of the facility, there better be some other benefit provided to our University or Bearcat football. I have no idea of the scheduling there the first week in February but I'd hate to think that our student athletes' voluntary football workouts or scheduled baseball pre-season training are being bumped for an NFL team. Especially for a franchise that proved unwilling to partner with UC on a shared facility when the current one was built.

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - Cataclysmo - 02-03-2022 01:22 PM

Yeah I was making this point the other day that this super bowl is about the fans. You can be happy for Mike Brown or whatever but he has always been a terrible owner and a dream run doesnt really change any of that. It's embarrassing our Franchise QB was out on one leg throwing under an overpass in 20 degree weather for the past few weeks.

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - CliftonAve - 02-03-2022 01:25 PM

(02-03-2022 01:13 PM)cpawstoney Wrote:  How about a big donation from Mike Brown to get the new facility built. For a few mil, put his name on it and allow the Bengals to use it whenever it doesn't conflict with our use.

What a deal.

If the arrangement is like in years past, UC charges the Bengals rent each day they use the bubble. I seem to recall the number is ~$5000 for a full day and $2500 for a half day.

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - bearcatfan - 02-03-2022 01:34 PM

Somehow Mike Brown managed to put a great team on the field this year.

But if anyone expects the Bengals to build their own indoor facility it will only happen if they can get the city/county/taxpayers to fund it.

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - Cat-Man - 02-03-2022 02:03 PM

For the Bengals, it sounds like it's more of a logistics issue than a cost issue:

Quote:Troy disputes the idea they are now more willing to build an indoor area, arguing hesitation comes due to logistics, not willingness.
“It’s an easy idea that’s hard to implement,” he said. “I think we’ve been willing from the outset, what we’ve struggled with is what is a great option?”

They point out the electrical substation’s lines to the Downtown power grid run under the Bengals’ current practice fields, making a structure built on top of them extremely complicated. For one, the power company would need access available to go underneath at any point. Also, with an indoor area, it would make holding training camp on the fields tough to pull off due to the need for more space. Also, the idea of adding a grass field under the bridges brings in the issue of not having enough sunlight.

“If we had 30 acres over there it would have been done,” Troy said. “We don’t.”

He went on to state the easiest solution would be to find 30 acres out in the suburbs and build a facility out there – much like we are seeing FC Cincinnati do in Milford – but doing so would take an employer out of Downtown and be a financial hit to the county losing the earning tax. Not something they are willing to do.

The additional space on the Hilltop property could open up new options and add feasibility for the addition.

“If it were simple, we would spend the money and build it tomorrow, it’s unfortunately not simple,” Troy said. “It’s something that has been in people’s eyes. I think it will continue to be in people’s eyes. We’ll give it a fresh set of looks again … That’s why that was put into the agreement, we’ve had the right to do that on the practice fields throughout, this maybe gives us another option you could take a look at.”

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/11/23/bengals-blackburns-paul-brown-stadium-viable-several-decades/2083179002/

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - Cataclysmo - 02-03-2022 02:33 PM

Ah yes, the logistics are terrible. Which is why the Group of 5 program a mile up the hill somehow managed to figure it out twice before you did.

Petition to bestow ownership to the Burrow family.

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - Crewdogz - 02-03-2022 02:34 PM

(02-03-2022 10:58 AM)UnivCinBrct Wrote:  This always amazes me that our G5 school has something so basic that an NFL team doesn't. Amazingly excited about the Bengals run this season, but, just, wow.

Some High Schools have them, Massilon High School in Ohio for one.

https://massillontigers.com/facilities/paul-david-athletic-center/

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - rath v2.0 - 02-03-2022 02:53 PM

After they win next Sunday give it a month before they hit the city up to pay for one.

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - RuckleSt - 02-03-2022 03:20 PM

(02-03-2022 02:53 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  After they win next Sunday give it a month before they hit the city up to pay for one.

They're going to swing for the fences and ask for a new $2B stadium.

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - natibeast2.0 - 02-03-2022 03:25 PM

(02-03-2022 03:20 PM)RuckleSt Wrote:  
(02-03-2022 02:53 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  After they win next Sunday give it a month before they hit the city up to pay for one.

Anyone know why the seats are green?

Steelers have yellow, Ravens have purple, Browns have orange, Bengals have green 01-wingedeagle.

Only reason I could think is to look more natural, but it's a flippin stadium and doesn't do that.

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - bearcatdp - 02-03-2022 03:32 PM

(02-03-2022 03:25 PM)natibeast2.0 Wrote:  

Steelers have yellow, Ravens have purple, Browns have orange, Bengals have green 01-wingedeagle.

Only reason I could think is to look more natural, but it's a flippin stadium and doesn't do that.

I have always thought the green seats were stupid. Black or orange makes sense but not green...just makes the stadium look obviously empty during bad seasons. When PBS was built, it was lauded as a beautiful place with cool architecture...with green seats.

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - RuckleSt - 02-03-2022 03:36 PM

Perhaps a tribute to the green seats from Riverfront Stadium.

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - Cat-Man - 02-03-2022 03:42 PM

Green was "stock" color. Black or Orange was "special order". 03-lmfao

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - bearcatmark - 02-03-2022 03:46 PM

Black seats probably aren't what you want given there are some hot early season games.

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - UCBearcatlawjd2 - 02-03-2022 03:54 PM

Jungle green?

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - cpawstoney - 02-03-2022 04:02 PM

(02-03-2022 03:42 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  

Green was "stock" color. Black or Orange was "special order". 03-lmfao

color of money

RE: Bengals Practice in UC's Bubble - ladeda - 02-03-2022 04:09 PM

"– but doing so would take an employer out of Downtown and be a financial hit to the county losing the earning tax. Not something they are willing to do."

That is the biggest load of BS I have ever heard. Dude, you are in the business of running the Bengals and putting them in the best position to succeed. Do you run every decision by the County before you make it? No. If there is no space available to build one in downtown Cincinnati, then you build it elsewhere-- because it is necessary for your team.

The Bengals as usual, constantly making excuses for not wanting to spend money.