CSNbbs
Losing the city. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Losing the city. (/thread-940209.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Losing the city. - ncrdbl1 - 01-13-2022 11:52 PM

With the Griz now winning 11 in a row the Tigers are starting to lose some of their fanbase.

The average basketball fan, with no ties to the school, is now more excited about the Griz than they are the Tigers.

The team has to do something to get the energy and excitement back or they could be relegated to the number two spot in town for basketball.

RE: Losing the city. - jsw3ent - 01-14-2022 12:36 AM

The fixed/fake rasslin league coming to MEMPHIS is the worst thing to happen to the TIGERS---just imagine how worse it would be if the fixed/fake team over the years had started Lawler/Handsome Jimmy/Austin Idol/Bill Superstar/Fargo managed by head coach Mouth Of The SOUTH---the TIGERS would have already disbanded

RE: Losing the city. - PennyWise - 01-14-2022 12:41 AM

Go Tigers and Go Grizz!!

RE: Losing the city. - jsw3ent - 01-14-2022 12:44 AM

(01-14-2022 12:41 AM)PennyWise Wrote:  Go Tigers and Go Grizz!!

The GRIZZLIES disbanded in MEMPHIS years ago

RE: Losing the city. - Browning Hall - 01-14-2022 01:26 AM

Not this again

RE: Losing the city. - Cletus - 01-14-2022 02:03 AM

(01-14-2022 12:36 AM)jsw3ent Wrote:  The fixed/fake rasslin league coming to MEMPHIS is the worst thing to happen to the TIGERS---just imagine how worse it would be if the fixed/fake team over the years had started Lawler/Handsome Jimmy/Austin Idol/Bill Superstar/Fargo managed by head coach Mouth Of The SOUTH---the TIGERS would have already disbanded

[Image: 9c6334246c6eb681e7c68cbbed9fa71d3010adb1.gifv]

RE: Losing the city. - Tigerx3 - 01-14-2022 07:22 AM

05-nono
(01-13-2022 11:52 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  With the Griz now winning 11 in a row the Tigers are starting to lose some of their fanbase.

The average basketball fan, with no ties to the school, is now more excited about the Griz than they are the Tigers.

The team has to do something to get the energy and excitement back or they could be relegated to the number two spot in town for basketball.

05-nono

Both can share top billing but to stay in the hearts of the casual fan you must win. Grizz are winning big right now and the Tigers are not. Grizz have a superstar and the Tigers don’t. That can be flipped in a year.

What it is not is Grizz vs the Tigers. It is Grizz vs Grizz and Tigers vs Tigers. Win and either or both teams are fine and have full arenas.

RE: Losing the city. - Marc Mensa - 01-14-2022 08:26 AM

Right now, everybody’s losing to Ja Morant & the Grizz.
What a great story!

RE: Losing the city. - k2tigers - 01-14-2022 08:40 AM

Go MEMPHIS

RE: Losing the city. - ZachMan - 01-14-2022 08:43 AM

When you go to the games it's a very different crowd so not sure there is this huge overlap that everyone worries about. There may be a few but we had great crowds at Cincy and Bama and decent crowds at the rest. If the Tigers take care of their business there will ALWAYS be good crowds but as Tubby showed we cannot suck and draw, but we aren't there yet.

The Grizzles versus Tigers thing just isn't there, it's ok to root for booth. There is a million people in the county, win and there is enough to support both easily.

RE: Losing the city. - Atlanta - 01-14-2022 08:55 AM

(01-13-2022 11:52 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  With the Griz now winning 11 in a row the Tigers are starting to lose some of their fanbase.

That something would be WIN, and do so without so much unneeded personnel-related drama.

RE: Losing the city. - No2rdame - 01-14-2022 09:27 AM

Others have already said it, the average basketball fan just wants to see a good product on the court and right now the Grizzlies are providing that, the Tigers not so much. Unless you're a die-hard fan, which would you rather watch - A hot Grizzlies team lighting up their opponents or a Memphis team with the best recruiting class in the nation losing to Tulane and Ole Piss?

RE: Losing the city. - AlonsoWDC - 01-14-2022 09:46 AM

You can like and support both. Plenty of us do.

Props to the Grizz for overachieving bigly.

Tigers are doing quite the opposite.

RE: Losing the city. - passat25 - 01-14-2022 10:07 AM

Fair weather fans those so called Grizz fans.. Once a Tiger, always a Tiger.

RE: Losing the city. - Dynamos - 01-14-2022 10:25 AM

The Grizzlies passed the Tigers years ago and it would take a lot for that to switch back around. I barely even watch tiger games anymore and sometimes even forget to check the score after they play. I dont even know why I still post on this board now that I think about it. I guess because of football

RE: Losing the city. - 450bench - 01-14-2022 11:00 AM

(01-14-2022 10:25 AM)Dynamos Wrote:  The Grizzlies passed the Tigers years ago and it would take a lot for that to switch back around. I barely even watch tiger games anymore and sometimes even forget to check the score after they play. I dont even know why I still post on this board now that I think about it. I guess because of football

The grizz haven’t passed the Tigers at all. Maybe for you but not for the masses. Not at all.

RE: Losing the city. - UofMark - 01-14-2022 11:03 AM

(01-14-2022 08:40 AM)k2tigers Wrote:  Go MEMPHIS

True....and so simple.

RE: Losing the city. - mairving - 01-14-2022 11:26 AM

Plenty of room for both. If the Grizzlies were losing and the Tigers were winning then the buzz would be on the Tigers.

Leave to Debbie Downer to try to make something of nothing.

RE: Losing the city. - Mimi - 01-14-2022 12:02 PM

(01-14-2022 11:26 AM)mairving Wrote:  Plenty of room for both. If the Grizzlies were losing and the Tigers were winning then the buzz would be on the Tigers.

Leave to Debbie Downer to try to make something of nothing.

Yep

RE: Losing the city. - TGTiger - 01-14-2022 12:07 PM

I go to both games. If the tigers start winning people will jump right back in.

What I don’t think most realize is what a story the Grizz are - they are getting national bandwagon fans and nba fans who are commenting that the Grizz are quickly becoming their favorite or second favorite team.

People love a winner especially when there’s a story behind the winning