CSNbbs
UTA to the WAC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: UTA to the WAC (/thread-940091.html)

UTA to the WAC - mjs - 01-12-2022 06:58 PM

So I don't believe they did much better than us conference-wise. The biggest advantage is that the WAC has 13 members, so they are a lot "safer" with regard to remaining a viable conference. However, they also have a number of schools who will leave at the drop of the hat.

RE: UTA to the WAC - mjs - 01-12-2022 07:56 PM

Obviously continuing to play ASU appears to be a given. Seems like continuing to play ULM is a no brainer. I would kind of like continuing to play UTA, but I'm not sure that will happen or not. I think there was an unwritten rule for Sun Belt teams to avoid playing the "defectors" to CUSA. I'm pretty confident that the Sun Belt commissioner won't have any problems with his teams scheduling UTA or LR. However, with the league's move eastward, there are not that many Sun Belt teams that are an easy drive from Little Rock.

RE: UTA to the WAC - arkstfan - 01-12-2022 10:53 PM

(01-12-2022 06:58 PM)mjs Wrote:  So I don't believe they did much better than us conference-wise. The biggest advantage is that the WAC has 13 members, so they are a lot "safer" with regard to remaining a viable conference. However, they also have a number of schools who will leave at the drop of the hat.

I think they did worse. They are going under a banner they left recently and joining schools they had ditched to join the WAC the last time.

RE: UTA to the WAC - ez272 - 01-13-2022 02:01 PM

Worse, look at the footprint. Teams in Chicago, to south texas, california and seattle. Travel expenses will be stupid. It will hurt recruiting.

RE: UTA to the WAC - SMUstang - 01-13-2022 02:44 PM

(01-13-2022 02:01 PM)ez272 Wrote:  Worse, look at the footprint. Teams in Chicago, to south texas, california and seattle. Travel expenses will be stupid. It will hurt recruiting.

UTA will never play Chicago State. One trip a year to Seatle and California will not kill them. It may not be any worse than traveling at least 500 miles to all of their opponents. Arizona and Utah are no farther than Iowa, Indiana, and Illinois from Arlington. Plus they will get to play a lot of their Texas rivals in the WAC.