CSNbbs
SMU MBB 1/6 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: SMU MBB 1/6 (/thread-939563.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: SMU MBB 1/6 - skyblade - 01-08-2022 03:59 PM

I'd say Lakhin has the most potential of any player currently on the team. But he's clearly not very comfortable playing from the FT line against the zone. He wants to back his man down, but that's is a big ask starting from the FT line. He'd be better off (and I'd guess more comfortable) if he started out posted up much closer to the basket, but because he usually plays the 4, there's a 5 clogging it up for him down low.

From the middle of the zone he needs to be able to face-up on his man, assess the whole floor and be ready to pass it off as soon as the double comes. That's a lot to ask for a guy who is basically a freshman.

RE: SMU MBB 1/6 - rath v2.0 - 01-08-2022 04:07 PM

We saw vids of him in the workout facility last year knocking down 3 after 3 while rehabbing his knee. I thought he would be a stretch threat but we have him playing like he is Yancy Gates. That’s a big ask for a euro guy in his 1st year.

RE: SMU MBB 1/6 - BearcatMan - 01-09-2022 02:33 PM

(01-08-2022 04:07 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  We saw vids of him in the workout facility last year knocking down 3 after 3 while rehabbing his knee. I thought he would be a stretch threat but we have him playing like he is Yancy Gates. That’s a big ask for a euro guy in his 1st year.

Yeah...it is a bit odd. He obviously has some skill down low, but I figured he'd be a prime guy for a P&R role given the overall skillset.