CSNbbs
TULANE GAME THREAD - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: TULANE GAME THREAD (/thread-939276.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - bearcatmark - 01-01-2022 07:36 PM

Tulane is a bad team and a great three point shooting team. It's ridiculous were letting them get so many jokes outside. It's the only thing they do well. Take it away.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - BrooklynRocket - 01-01-2022 07:40 PM

I'd be willing to give up Tolentino's scholarship so we can get the biggest head case transfer on the market next spring if they can shoot like Cook or Forbes on Tulane.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - UCBearcatlawjd2 - 01-01-2022 07:40 PM

terrible coaching, not prepared again

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - BearcatMan - 01-01-2022 07:41 PM

Tulane shooting 40% better from the field and 46% better from 3...yikers.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - BearcatMan - 01-01-2022 07:42 PM

(01-01-2022 07:40 PM)BrooklynRocket Wrote:  I'd be willing to give up Tolentino's scholarship so we can get the biggest head case transfer on the market next spring if they can shoot like Cook or Forbes on Tulane.

Agreed...when is the last time we've had a true knockdown shooter? Even SK was a volume guy who shot in the mid to low 30s.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - UCBearcatlawjd2 - 01-01-2022 07:45 PM

(01-01-2022 07:40 PM)BrooklynRocket Wrote:  I'd be willing to give up Tolentino's scholarship so we can get the biggest head case transfer on the market next spring if they can shoot like Cook or Forbes on Tulane.

Same here. I am already thinking Wes doesn’t have it either. Flush this roster, staff, everything about this program needs to go. Get the best name coach, give some generous NIL deals and pay dudes to come here. Take basketball seriously and win big.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - bearcatfan - 01-01-2022 07:46 PM

Well I turned this off. I'll find something else to watch.

I'll check back later.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - Billy_Bearcat - 01-01-2022 07:48 PM

The question now is whether UC can ever field a tourney team in the next 5 years. We’re looking at a total program rebuild. We might as well be Tulane right now. Dark days ahead.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - rath v2.0 - 01-01-2022 07:49 PM

I miss football.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - BrooklynRocket - 01-01-2022 07:49 PM

This team needs a serious talent infusion. Yeah, we're running bad offense but it's accentuated by most of these players being subpar in many facets of the offensive game.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - BcatMatt13 - 01-01-2022 07:51 PM

They need a complete talent overhaul.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - BearcatMan - 01-01-2022 07:51 PM

(01-01-2022 07:45 PM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  

Same here. I am already thinking Wes doesn’t have it either. Flush this roster, staff, everything about this program needs to go. Get the best name coach, give some generous NIL deals and pay dudes to come here. Take basketball seriously and win big.

If the choice is between taking football seriously or taking basketball seriously...I'd take Football over Basketball 11 times out of 10.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - Lurkercat - 01-01-2022 07:52 PM

(01-01-2022 07:49 PM)BrooklynRocket Wrote:  This team needs a serious talent infusion. Yeah, we're running bad offense but it's accentuated by most of these players being subpar in many facets of the offensive game.

Yes we have little talent. But we jack up threes 6 seconds into the shot clock. It's been a trend all year and will probably continue to happen until he benches guys. We aren't even running an offense lol just passing around the perimeter and Davenport shoots a contested 3

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - Former Lurker - 01-01-2022 07:52 PM

(01-01-2022 07:49 PM)BrooklynRocket Wrote:  This team needs a serious talent infusion. Yeah, we're running bad offense but it's accentuated by most of these players being subpar in many facets of the offensive game.

That doesn't explain how this team has regressed over the last month.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - Billy_Bearcat - 01-01-2022 07:53 PM

(01-01-2022 07:51 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

If the choice is between taking football seriously or taking basketball seriously...I'd take Football over Basketball 11 times out of 10.

Agreed. College basketball is becoming an afterthought. Give Wes free reign and see what he can do. I wouldn’t judge him until year 5.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - UCBearcatlawjd2 - 01-01-2022 07:53 PM

(01-01-2022 07:48 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  The question now is whether UC can ever field a tourney team in the next 5 years. We’re looking at a total program rebuild. We might as well be Tulane right now. Dark days ahead.

I really wanted to blow it up last year and still do today. I want a big time coach that instantly brings in studs.

I am not interested in watching Wes figure it out if this is what we are going to get. It’s time to pick a rotation and winning game plan and go for it. I still have no idea what they are doing.

The previous coach had no idea either and we are now at the point where this program as no identifiable plan to rebuild itself other than hope a young coach can recruit well enough not to get destroyed in the Big XII.

I want better for this program

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - UCBearcatlawjd2 - 01-01-2022 07:54 PM

(01-01-2022 07:53 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  

Agreed. College basketball is becoming an afterthought. Give Wes free reign and see what he can do. I wouldn’t judge him until year 5.

Take both seriously, it’s not either or.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - BearcatJerry - 01-01-2022 07:54 PM

(01-01-2022 07:21 PM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  I am sorry but the previous dude wasn’t even this bad.

I gave up on him back at the X debacle.

I'd be content to contribute to the "Buy Wes a bus ticket to the Carolina of his choice fund."

I hated Brannen this is worse.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - BearcatMan - 01-01-2022 07:55 PM

(01-01-2022 07:54 PM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(01-01-2022 07:53 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  

Take both seriously, it’s not either or.

It is when we have half the budget of most of the other power teams.

RE: TULANE GAME THREAD - Lurkercat - 01-01-2022 07:55 PM

(01-01-2022 07:53 PM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(01-01-2022 07:48 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  The question now is whether UC can ever field a tourney team in the next 5 years. We’re looking at a total program rebuild. We might as well be Tulane right now. Dark days ahead.

I really wanted to blow it up last year and still do today. I want a big time coach that instantly brings in studs.

I am not interested in watching Wes figure it out if this is what we are going to get. It’s time to pick a rotation and winning game plan and go for it. I still have no idea what they are doing.

The previous coach had no idea either and we are now at the point where this program as no identifiable plan to rebuild itself other than hope a young coach can recruit well enough not to get destroyed in the Big XII.

I want better for this program

I think the only big time coach that was actually on the table was Pitino. It's not like Mark Few is going to come here. Our best bet was young up and comer unless you were willing to overlook Pitino's sketchy past (which I was lol)