CSNbbs
Ducker leaving - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Ducker leaving (/thread-938521.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Ducker leaving - Red Dog - 12-20-2021 02:09 PM

Not sure if this has been posted. Entered portal. Total bummer. Guarantee he lands at Nebraska smh.

RE: Ducker leaving - chihuskie - 12-20-2021 02:12 PM

(12-20-2021 02:09 PM)Red Dog Wrote:  Not sure if this has been posted. Entered portal. Total bummer. Guarantee he lands at Nebraska smh.

Will not comment unless confirmed officially ...

RE: Ducker leaving - epasnoopy - 12-20-2021 02:17 PM

Don't see anything online to confirm. Would seem odd considering how much playing time he was getting.

If true, we will be fine with Antario Brown and Waylee. Rocky is pretty good at getting tough yards on the ground and on the fake handoffs.

RE: Ducker leaving - Rabid Squirrel - 12-20-2021 02:18 PM

Seems to be coming from Husker and Hawkeye people. We will see.

RE: Ducker leaving - Rabid Squirrel - 12-20-2021 02:20 PM

Here’s the source:

“ Damon Benning stated on his radio show this morning that Jay Ducker WILL enter the transfer portal. Knows from his family. Now that I know it wasn't Severe spouting it off I can trust this. Reason isn't known. Would be the RB add that I have wanted Nebraska to make.”

RE: Ducker leaving - epasnoopy - 12-20-2021 02:28 PM

Frost is about to get fired if they have another losing season next year. Some of the other coaches on the staff were already fired this season.

RE: Ducker leaving - Big Red - 12-20-2021 02:28 PM

Next man up.

You knew there'd be someone transfer. I was figuring a guy like Blakemore would transfer since he got the least amount of playing time but now, this just opens up another spot for a guy like that.

Plus, I'm sure there will be additions coming in as well.

This roster is far from settled.

RE: Ducker leaving - HawaiiToNIU - 12-20-2021 02:30 PM

If true, fine by me. Antario hopefully stays and Waylee gets to change the pace.

RE: Ducker leaving - Dog Fan - 12-20-2021 02:32 PM

Very sad news if true. I consider Ducker to be the best RB we have. He had some fantastic runs. You just knew there would be a nice gain when he touched the ball.

RE: Ducker leaving - Rabid Squirrel - 12-20-2021 02:34 PM

(12-20-2021 02:28 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Frost is about to get fired if they have another losing season next year. Some of the other coaches on the staff were already fired this season.

I dont know who Duckers dad is to Husker fans, but many are saying that Mr.Ducker absolutely hates Nebraska and that Jay will go to Iowa.

RE: Ducker leaving - HawaiiToNIU - 12-20-2021 02:34 PM

(12-20-2021 02:32 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Very sad news if true. I consider Ducker to be the best RB we have. He had some fantastic runs. You just knew there would be a nice gain when he touched the ball.

Very sad, but I wish him the best. We have more than enough to pick up the slack. Well, for now lol. Ducker is going to do great no matter where he ends up.

RE: Ducker leaving - HuskieDave - 12-20-2021 02:34 PM

Nearly 1,200 yards rushing as a freshman……..HUGE loss, if true.

RE: Ducker leaving - Big Red - 12-20-2021 02:34 PM

(12-20-2021 02:32 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Very sad news if true. I consider Ducker to be the best RB we have. He had some fantastic runs. You just knew there would be a nice gain when he touched the ball.

Success of running backs is often directly related to many other things, most notably the offensive line.

By the end of the season, the O-line started dominating their opponents. He's good for sure, but we have enough guys to replace him and maybe be better.

RE: Ducker leaving - Dog Fan - 12-20-2021 02:35 PM

(12-20-2021 02:34 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(12-20-2021 02:28 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Frost is about to get fired if they have another losing season next year. Some of the other coaches on the staff were already fired this season.

I dont know who Duckers dad is to Husker fans, but many are saying that Mr.Ducker absolutely hates Nebraska and that Jay will go to Iowa.

That makes sense, since we are the farm team for Iowa.

RE: Ducker leaving - DiehardHuskie - 12-20-2021 02:37 PM

Was talking to Jay and his mom at the pep rally down in Orlando. They have pretty good poker faces (if true). This is a tough one. Ugh.

RE: Ducker leaving - NIUfilmmaker - 12-20-2021 02:41 PM

The portal doesn't work out for plenty of players.

Odd to leave a team that looks like it will supply you (Ducker) with MORE than his fair share of:

1) Playing Time (& TV Time)
2) Conference Championships
3) Bowl Games

RE: Ducker leaving - NIU1981 - 12-20-2021 02:42 PM

I heard they came out with the spring depth chart showing Ducker third and he was not happy, understandably so. The coaches' choices were to create a depth chart, which they did, or say it would be an open competition next year with all three starting out equal. They probably felt that doing the latter would lead to an unpredictable result, not knowing who might leave. This way they made their choice.

I'm just guessing here, but I bet they didn't want to risk losing Brown so it came down to Ducker and Waylee. Ducker is Mr. Consistent, almost never losing yardage. Waylee has home run ability that Ducker lacks. Ultimately they chose the combo of Waylee and Brown.

RE: Ducker leaving - chihuskie - 12-20-2021 02:46 PM

Sounds like bull to me. Some local NE wannabe guy starting a rumor. And if it's more than that makes one question whether there is tampering.

RE: Ducker leaving - epasnoopy - 12-20-2021 02:47 PM

I assume Micah Riley-Ducker, who signed with Auburn, is his brother or somehow related.

I like Jay and think he's pretty good but I actually like Antario more. He is big, fast, and scores. He had 105 yards and a TD on only 12 carries in the bowl. He averaged 6.6 ypc on the season vs. 5.4 ypc for Ducker.

RE: Ducker leaving - Schaefer Beer - 12-20-2021 02:54 PM

(12-20-2021 02:42 PM)NIU1981 Wrote:  I heard they came out with the spring depth chart showing Ducker third and he was not happy, understandably so. The coaches' choices were to create a depth chart, which they did, or say it would be an open competition next year with all three starting out equal. They probably felt that doing the latter would lead to an unpredictable result, not knowing who might leave. This way they made their choice.

I'm just guessing here, but I bet they didn't want to risk losing Brown so it came down to Ducker and Waylee. Ducker is Mr. Consistent, almost never losing yardage. Waylee has home run ability that Ducker lacks. Ultimately they chose the combo of Waylee and Brown.

So this could be a "shoot before aiming" reaction to a depth chart list? If so, let's hope he calms down and has a sit down with Coach Ham before making a decision.