CSNbbs
Where do all the ETSU students go these days to hangout and drink beer, mixed drinks - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: ETSU (/forum-335.html)
+----- Thread: Where do all the ETSU students go these days to hangout and drink beer, mixed drinks (/thread-938153.html)

Where do all the ETSU students go these days to hangout and drink beer, mixed drinks - I_Love_ETSU - 12-15-2021 05:36 PM

etc.?

When I was a student at ETSU in the late '60s most everyone that lived on or near campus when to the Cottage or Apex.

Just wondering what the favorite hangouts were today for the ETSU students?

RE: Where do all the ETSU students go these days to hangout and drink beer, mixed drinks - etsuandpurdue3 - 12-16-2021 09:07 AM

Depends on what vibe you want. Numan's I'd say the biggest hangout bar. Capone's more of a club. Tipton's is a decent spot. Wild Wing Cafe and Go Burrito are decent starting spots. I just wish we some big crazy bars but you got to got to Nashville or Knoxville for that. We got a lot of hipster bars too like Asheville.

RE: Where do all the ETSU students go these days to hangout and drink beer, mixed drinks - I_Love_ETSU - 12-16-2021 01:58 PM

(12-16-2021 09:07 AM)etsuandpurdue3 Wrote:  Depends on what vibe you want. Numan's I'd say the biggest hangout bar. Capone's more of a club. Tipton's is a decent spot. Wild Wing Cafe and Go Burrito are decent starting spots. I just wish we some big crazy bars but you got to got to Nashville or Knoxville for that. We got a lot of hipster bars too like Asheville.

Thanks, those are more chooses than we had back in the day. Like I said, it was the Cottage or the Apex in the late '60s. Now, I think, both of those places are close.

RE: Where do all the ETSU students go these days to hangout and drink beer, mixed drinks - Wadood Abides - 01-08-2022 06:45 PM

In late 60s legal drinking age was 18--basically any student. Now it's 21. I'm not naive to think there's no alcohol, but only seniors and super-seniors can hang out in a bar and drink.

RE: Where do all the ETSU students go these days to hangout and drink beer, mixed drinks - I_Love_ETSU - 01-10-2022 10:53 AM

(01-08-2022 06:45 PM)Wadood Abides Wrote:  In late 60s legal drinking age was 18--basically any student. Now it's 21. I'm not naive to think there's no alcohol, but only seniors and super-seniors can hang out in a bar and drink.

I was thinking it was 21 to drink beer in the late '60s but I could be wrong. My memory is not what it use to be. LOL!