CSNbbs
Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? (/thread-937469.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - GaSoEagle - 12-06-2021 07:13 PM

I hope you guys are in next year for football even if not eligible for championship or a bowl. Count me in the camp of believing JMU will be immediately very competitive

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - James Madison - 12-06-2021 07:23 PM

No question. Yes

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - olddawg - 12-06-2021 07:31 PM

To be honest- I probably would have preferred maybe 5 Sun Belt games, plus the already scheduled Louisville, Weber St and Norfolk St.

While I have no doubt we can compete on any given Saturday, I don't think we need to go full bore FBS in the first year, week in and week out. Would prefer our first SB season to be at full scholarship, with at least 50% of our roster recruited to an FBS level JMU. Don't want a roster of 1/2 schollie guys that were given a 1 year stop gap scholarship for depth.

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - Purple - 12-06-2021 07:50 PM

Bring it! 8-game Belt schedule!

We will do fine. I am predicting top three in our division, which is the class of the conference.

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - Hart Foundation - 12-06-2021 07:55 PM

Yes. We would be favored over 2/3 of Sun Belt teams right now before even having a chance to recruit FBS quality players. Plus it would get JMU 4 guaranteed home games…add in Weber State and Norfolk State already at home and JMU could pursue an away pay game to go along with the pay game at Louisville. Duke, Miami, and Rutgers still have an opening for next year.

Beat Norfolk State and Weber State, win half the Sun Belt games over the weaker teams, then see if you can pull an upset against the top half of the league especially if they come to the Burg.

It would be a coup to play a FBS schedule next year. Essentially one year ahead of expectations.

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - JMUPride - 12-06-2021 08:07 PM

Would prefer 6, and mix a few more easy FCS wins in our transition year

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - AssyrianDuke - 12-06-2021 08:24 PM

If it could be done, that would be awesome. I had resigned us to a weird mix of FCS and FBS next year.

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - Longhorn - 12-06-2021 08:26 PM

Hell yeah! Bring it. 8 SBC, plus Louisville and 3 winnable FCS.

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - bcp_jmu - 12-06-2021 08:47 PM

Strong yes...but give us ULM and USM as our crossovers in year 1 pls

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - bcp_jmu - 12-06-2021 08:49 PM

1 of Duke, Miami, Rutgers
Nofolk St
Weber
Louisville (winnable)
App
Marshall
GaS
GaSt
USM
ULM
Coastal
Oduh

Yeah. That would be fantastic

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - KickItToScotty - 12-06-2021 09:07 PM

Absolutely, no question.

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - jmufan2008 - 12-06-2021 10:45 PM

(12-06-2021 07:55 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Yes. We would be favored over 2/3 of Sun Belt teams right now before even having a chance to recruit FBS quality players. Plus it would get JMU 4 guaranteed home games…add in Weber State and Norfolk State already at home and JMU could pursue an away pay game to go along with the pay game at Louisville. Duke, Miami, and Rutgers still have an opening for next year.

Beat Norfolk State and Weber State, win half the Sun Belt games over the weaker teams, then see if you can pull an upset against the top half of the league especially if they come to the Burg.

It would be a coup to play a FBS schedule next year. Essentially one year ahead of expectations.

This. If we can pull this off, or even something close to it, that would be amazing.

Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - JMU_Newbill - 12-06-2021 11:32 PM

I’m confused as to why this is even a question. Do some of you really wanna play Elon and William and Mary again?

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - bcp_jmu - 12-06-2021 11:34 PM

Hell no... but 6 random fbs and 6 random fcs is not as good as a full/unofficial SBC tilt

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - chiefsfan - 12-07-2021 12:22 AM

Everything I understand is the league is planning on 14 teams for football next year. I don't anticipate JMU being eligible for the league title, but there's no reason you can't play a full schedule.

Would provide 4 FBS home games, and allow the SBC to get rotations set up for your full entry.

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - fishingduke12 - 12-07-2021 07:05 AM

https://www.versussportssimulator.com/CFB/ConferenceSimulations/James%20Madison-vs-Sun%20Belt

Fun little simulator I found the other day. I'd take 7-3 any day

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - jmu007 - 12-07-2021 08:19 AM

(12-07-2021 12:22 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Everything I understand is the league is planning on 14 teams for football next year. I don't anticipate JMU being eligible for the league title, but there's no reason you can't play a full schedule.

Would provide 4 FBS home games, and allow the SBC to get rotations set up for your full entry.

Makes perfect sense. The, "wavier," would essentially just eliminate the 1st transition year for JMU. Putting us in year 2 in 2022 where we play a SBC slate, just aren't eligible for title or bowls as you've pointed out.

Hope it happens. 04-cheers

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - Rock House Duke - 12-07-2021 09:59 AM

(12-06-2021 08:26 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  Hell yeah! Bring it. 8 SBC, plus Louisville and 3 winnable FCS.

^^^ This!

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - lexduke398 - 12-07-2021 10:04 AM

Absolutely, even if we take our Lumps it will be make us better going forward! I'm sure we sneak a few W's out of the deal as well. Plus starts to get us familiar with our new regular opponents for the future! Not like we can make the playoffs anyways!! I am excited!

RE: Does JMU want 8 Belt football games next year? - JMad03 - 12-07-2021 10:26 AM

I would say yes. There's really only one FCS game I would love to play, and that would be NDSU at Bridgeforth. Aside from that, I don't think any other FCS team would really be all that exciting for me to see. I realize we are probably going to have a few FCS games, but hopefully none of those will be on the road. And there sure as hell better not be any CAA teams. Screw 'em.
I think the sooner we play those games, the sooner we start building those rivalries. I know I would be excited to play any of them at Bridgeforth.
It could also give us a pretty nice home schedule in our first year as a transition team. I know a lot of programs struggle scheduling in that transition year, so anything that can make it easier and more appealing I am all for.