CSNbbs
You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- (/thread-937220.html)

Pages: 1 2

You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - BinghamptonNed - 12-04-2021 07:10 PM

You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- Now that Penny has figured out what the problem is I'm sure this is going to correct itself pretty quick.

As soon as the upperclassmen start mentoring Bates this team will take off!

I'm glad Penny figured this out because I was thinking the problem was that Penny was playing his favorites who are not good enough to play at this level and that Penny subsitutes too often and never lets the players get in a rhythm. I had the problem completely mis-diagnosed.

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - TigerBlue4Ever - 12-04-2021 07:42 PM

(12-04-2021 07:10 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- Now that Penny has figured out what the problem is I'm sure this is going to correct itself pretty quick.

I'm glad Penny figured this out because I was thinking the problem was that Penny was playing his favorites who are not good enough to play at this level and that Penny subsitutes too often and never lets the players get in a rhythm. I had the problem completely mis-diagnosed.

04-rock

You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - cscottl1981 - 12-04-2021 10:55 PM

It does seem like we’re trying to lean more on our experienced players. However, since the start of the season we’ve leaned on Williams a decent amount and he hasn’t been great. We leaned on Nolley in the UGA game and he shot less than 33% on 16 shot attempts. I still think it’s the right move b/c the freshmen aren’t ready to carry a team.

However, I don’t know how you can boil it down to one thing as the issues seem to change from game to game. We’ve had several games where our defense was good, but our turnovers were out of control. Against UGA we cleaned up the TOs a good bit, but didn’t defend well. Against OM we bricked a bunch of FTs.

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - UMTiger117 - 12-05-2021 12:22 PM

(12-04-2021 07:10 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- Now that Penny has figured out what the problem is I'm sure this is going to correct itself pretty quick.

"No leader on the floor-aka PG"

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - MemphisTigerPawr - 12-05-2021 12:26 PM

I had kind of figured it like you, glad Penny has at all figured out.

Play Alo, Jayden, Tyler, and Malcolm each 25 mpg and we win out! Brilliant!

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - BinghamptonNed - 12-05-2021 12:40 PM

(12-05-2021 12:26 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  

I had kind of figured it like you, glad Penny has at all figured out.

Play Alo, Jayden, Tyler, and Malcolm each 25 mpg and we win out! Brilliant!
shows why we are paying for tickets and coaches are paid games-- they are the experts---i hope

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - TiminMem23 - 12-05-2021 03:02 PM

The problems:

Poor PG play - Lomax is not a high D1-caliber PG. Not going to debate that. Timberlake hasn't looked good yet. Bates is 17 and clearly not a PG.
Lack of scorers - As I see it, only Bates, Harris, Nolley and Williams are scorers. None of them are elite.
Fundamentals - The turnovers speak for themselves. Poor FT shooting, too.

Penny needs more shooters and scorers. He also needs to the scheme if that is what is leading to all the turnovers on offense. You can't turn the ball over 20 plus times a game and be successful.

This team is structurally flawed and has all kinds of chemistry issues. I don't see it being resolved this year.

NIT bound.

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - dwash - 12-05-2021 03:11 PM

(12-05-2021 03:02 PM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  The problems:

Poor PG play - Lomax is not a high D1-caliber PG. Not going to debate that. Timberlake hasn't looked good yet. Bates is 17 and clearly not a PG.
Lack of scorers - As I see it, only Bates, Harris, Nolley and Williams are scorers. None of them are elite.

Penny needs more shooters and scorers. He also needs to the scheme if that is what is leading to all the turnovers on offense. You can't turn the ball over 20 plus times a game and be successful.

This team is structurally flawed and has all kinds of chemistry issues. I don't see it being resolved this year.

NIT bound.

If lucky. This team will struggle with basic CUSA teams like Witchita and Tulsa.

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - BinghamptonNed - 12-05-2021 03:20 PM

NIT bound.

That all sounds logical , but Penny has identified the problem and it is not that. Let’s all hope he is correct!

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - jsw3ent - 12-05-2021 05:49 PM

(12-05-2021 03:20 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  

NIT bound.

That all sounds logical , but Penny has identified the problem and it is not that. Let’s all hope he is correct!

..but the other day he also said the problem was the offense --so he changed it----the losses continued---now he is saying the problem is the veterans---which is it ?-----did the vets just become the problem because we changed the offense ---they weren't a problem before we changed the O----SMH--excuses

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - tigergeorge55 - 12-05-2021 07:13 PM

(12-04-2021 10:55 PM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  It does seem like we’re trying to lean more on our experienced players. However, since the start of the season we’ve leaned on Williams a decent amount and he hasn’t been great. We leaned on Nolley in the UGA game and he shot less than 33% on 16 shot attempts. I still think it’s the right move b/c the freshmen aren’t ready to carry a team.

However, I don’t know how you can boil it down to one thing as the issues seem to change from game to game. We’ve had several games where our defense was good, but our turnovers were out of control. Against UGA we cleaned up the TOs a good bit, but didn’t defend well. Against OM we bricked a bunch of FTs.

wow this guy actually watched the games. I agree with you 100%

04-cheers

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - BinghamptonNed - 12-05-2021 10:37 PM

(12-05-2021 07:13 PM)tigergeorge55 Wrote:  
(12-04-2021 10:55 PM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  It does seem like we’re trying to lean more on our experienced players. However, since the start of the season we’ve leaned on Williams a decent amount and he hasn’t been great. We leaned on Nolley in the UGA game and he shot less than 33% on 16 shot attempts. I still think it’s the right move b/c the freshmen aren’t ready to carry a team.

04-cheers

Penny says the problem is not the crazy subsitutions ,it is not that he is playing his favorites at the expense of winning , it is not the defense or offense -- it is a few bad apples, once they leave we will be a great team ... I hope he is right

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - jsw3ent - 12-05-2021 11:09 PM

(12-05-2021 10:37 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  

04-cheers

Penny says the problem is not the crazy subsitutions ,it is not that he is playing his favorites at the expense of winning , it is not the defense or offense -- it is a few bad apples, once they leave we will be a great team ... I hope he is right

The other day he said it was the offense -so he changed it.--the losses continued --now its the vets---so I see -the vets weren't a problem until he changed the offense LOL SMH---what excuse will be next

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - 450bench - 12-05-2021 11:16 PM

When everyone can see what’s wrong with the team but the coach can’t, you’ve got a real problem.

We’ve got a real problem.

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - tigergg - 12-05-2021 11:19 PM

(12-05-2021 11:16 PM)450bench Wrote:  When everyone can see what’s wrong with the team but the coach can’t, you’ve got a real problem.

^This^

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - TigerBlue4Ever - 12-06-2021 07:47 AM

NIT bound.

If we make it that far.

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - TigerBlue4Ever - 12-06-2021 07:49 AM

(12-05-2021 11:16 PM)450bench Wrote:  When everyone can see what’s wrong with the team but the coach can’t, you’ve got a real problem.

It is PAINFULLY obvious to anyone with any inkling at all about how the game is played and coached.

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - Hoots - 12-06-2021 09:55 AM

(12-06-2021 07:47 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

NIT bound.

If we make it that far.

I think only South Carolina in 2005 and 2006 has repeated as NIT Champions. That could be a pretty cool goal to match. COGS

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - Eagleonpar - 12-06-2021 09:57 AM

(12-05-2021 10:37 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  

04-cheers

Your sarcasm is noted

RE: You can't improve until you figure out what is causing the problem-- - misplaced tiger - 12-06-2021 10:05 AM

There some may be other problems, but THE problem is obvious and it has been for the 3rd year in a row. No PG.