CSNbbs
Great..part II - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Great..part II (/thread-936179.html)

Great..part II - mjs - 11-22-2021 12:49 PM

20-2 run by NIU to cut it to 7 with a little over a minute left. Nikola Maric is hurt on the bench. 10 minutes ago, I was quite excited with a 26-point lead. Now this game is more of a downer even if we hold on and win.

RE: Great..part II - mjs - 11-22-2021 12:53 PM

Now 61-55.

RE: Great..part II - mjs - 11-22-2021 01:03 PM

Final LR 67 NIU 60. Well, if I just saw the final score I would have been quite happy. My fault for listening.

RE: Great..part II - MICHAELSPAPPY - 11-22-2021 01:19 PM

At this point, I am wincing at the prospect of getting to attend the Fayetteville game. Probably will be a 40-point blowout.

RE: Great..part II - TrojanTeen2 - 11-22-2021 02:06 PM

I think we need to calm down a bit because let's face it, expectations shouldn't be high. Yes, that SIU win might've bumped things up a bit but we still have 4 guys out with injuries and even Coach Walker didn't sound as confident as usually does in his talk show. So yes we're not playing good, but do we have to act so surprised about it? I'm not, considering the past several seasons with Walker at the helm.

RE: Great..part II - mjs - 11-22-2021 02:26 PM

(11-22-2021 02:06 PM)TrojanTeen2 Wrote:  I think we need to calm down a bit because let's face it, expectations shouldn't be high. Yes, that SIU win might've bumped things up a bit but we still have 4 guys out with injuries and even Coach Walker didn't sound as confident as usually does in his talk show. So yes we're not playing good, but do we have to act so surprised about it? I'm not, considering the past several seasons with Walker at the helm.

I think blow-out losses, to other mid-majors, are always going to lead to an outcry from us die-hard fans. No one would have been upset by a single digit loss at LMU, and single digit loss to Sam Houston would have been disappointing, but not nearly as depressing. We are all looking for "signs" about how successful we will be this season, and 2 early blow-outs was a rather crushing blow. I don't know that anyone was expecting a "great" season, but most were, at least, hoping for a "good" season. Hopefully, we righted the ship today and that good season is still well within reach. We now have wins against SIU and NIU (I guess we are Illinois champions this year), who are likely as good as the average Sun Belt team.

RE: Great..part II - ez272 - 11-22-2021 05:07 PM

Wow, Sam Houston hit 13 threes yesterday and kicked our butts. NIU hit 13 threes today and we hang on to win.

When I heard we had all those injuries to start the season I assumed it would be another year like last year. But then we played good defense and beat a good SIU team and dominated the next two teams, which we should have, and I thought the 16.5 spread at LMU was a bit much. Figured we would at least cover that. Going into LMU was optimistic for a decent season. Now I am back where I was at the beginning of the season.

RE: Great..part II - mjs - 11-24-2021 04:11 PM

Nikola was at the women's game on crutches. I assume he is out for, at least, the Tulsa game.