CSNbbs
Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG (/thread-936033.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - Saint3333 - 11-20-2021 10:45 PM

It’s like peas and carrots, just feels right.

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - VNova - 11-20-2021 10:50 PM

The only two teams to compete in the CCG go at it again!

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - Usajags - 11-20-2021 10:53 PM

Did App fire Troy’s coach to make it to the CCG???

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - ericsaid - 11-21-2021 01:03 AM

(11-20-2021 10:53 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Did App fire Troy’s coach to make it to the CCG???

Troy had about 160 yards of offense so I'm thinking he's gone...

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - Cnelson203 - 11-21-2021 08:32 AM

Love this CCG matchup. Gonna be fun to watch.

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - Big Buds - 11-21-2021 10:15 AM

Gonna be a WAR! Can’t wait for December 4th.

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - EigenEagle - 11-21-2021 10:21 AM

(11-21-2021 09:54 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  Fortunately for you guys, you know the best watering holes in town so you should have no problem making your way there early on...04-cheers

A lot of people said Coastal deserved the credit they were getting. Quite a few others said Coastal with equal practice scheduling would flail a bit, and they have. Chadwell missed his shot last season when he ducked the championship game in favor of staying ranked, only to lose to Liberty Bibberty.

What people miss with Coastal last year is them going 3-1 in games decided by one score, 4-1 if you want to count App. There's always the question of how sustainable that is. This season they are 2-2, though if Coastal had the luck with QB injuries App and UL had they'd only have 1 loss.

In any case, I don't know why you guys (meaning App and UL fans) let them get in your head so much.

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - ericsaid - 11-21-2021 10:22 AM

FPI inexplicably says Apps chance to win is at 57% and Cajuns are at 43%. The only way App wins is by getting up on Louisiana and forcing Levi to pass in the 4th quarter. If Louisiana gets to run their script in the 4th, odds are they win. If App can force the offense to all but abandon the run, it's tee time for Nick Hampton.

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - Saint3333 - 11-21-2021 10:27 AM

Turnovers will decide the game, that favors ULL. App defense is playing much better though and it should be a single score game.

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - APPrising - 11-21-2021 10:28 AM

I recognize Louisiana as sole Sun Belt champion last year. Losing to Liberty should make you ineligible to be a champion the year you lose to them.

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - iStoopify - 11-21-2021 10:36 AM

SP+ has this as a game that wins by about 1.7. Should be a good game!

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - FrankyP - 11-21-2021 10:49 AM

(11-21-2021 09:54 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  Fortunately for you guys, you know the best watering holes in town so you should have no problem making your way there early on...and for LOTS of celebrating after, as well!!!04-cheers

A lot of people said Coastal deserved the credit they were getting. Quite a few others said Coastal with equal practice scheduling would flail a bit, and they have. Chadwell missed his shot last season when he ducked the championship game in favor of staying ranked, only to lose to Liberty Bibberty.
Went and finished that for ya.

Yes! There will be a whole lot of ‘gearing’ up pre-game. And I mean this sincerely: any app fan who attends the game should definitely come over for some of the best tailgating in the world. You will be treated warmly, offered libations and it will be some of the best and most ‘authentic’ ‘Cajun’ food and fun you will ever find!

And then come drown your sorrows with us after, either with the on-going tailgating or at one of the many places we have mentioned earlier.

04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - MUHERD76 - 11-21-2021 11:17 AM

Looking forward to watching that game. Should be a good one.

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - chiefsfan - 11-21-2021 11:40 AM

I expect this to be a far closer game than the first time they played. game 1 was a combination of UL playing their best game of the year and App their worst.

Still believe that at their best the Cajuns are the best team in the league this season, but I don't think the gap is incredibly large.

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - FrankyP - 11-21-2021 11:56 AM

Also, if you don’t plan on getting a car, you could always just Uber, but that might be tricky because covid caused a lot of drivers to move on. I haven’t used them in a while, but I’ve heard that has gotten much better lately. Most Ubers will set yiu back ~$10 bucks one way from most points in town, so that would be a lot less if you only plan a on a few round trips as compared to a car.

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - High Country Student - 11-21-2021 12:06 PM

(11-21-2021 11:50 AM)FrankyP Wrote:  
(11-21-2021 11:17 AM)High Country Student Wrote:  
(11-21-2021 08:25 AM)FrankyP Wrote:  
(11-21-2021 08:14 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  
(11-21-2021 05:16 AM)FrankyP Wrote:  Ok, I made a prediction back in July, bookmarked it, and have waited patiently since then to rub it in how right I was. (Well, not all of the P.S. part has happened YET, so we can re-visit this again 12/5.)

CALLING COASTAL12, come in please COASTAL12!!!!

Well, one half of your prediction has been proven true, the game is at Cajun Field.

And App, as of now, has its fully compliment of running backs back which in my opinion had a big impact on the last game...

We will see.
Well ya kinda missed the main predictions I made: that we would not face the chickens in 2021, and that we’d play the CCG at CF. I also clearly said the last part of us beating app twice this year has YET to come true. The main thrust of my OP was to the chicken poster.

I hope y’all bring a LOT of app fans on 12/4, and that is a good, injury free game. Those who do come will see what will be no doubt an epic showdown, but I promise y’all will alsobe treated to some great food, music, fans and LOTS of places to drown your sorrow following the game.

04-cheers05-stirthepot04-cheers

BTW, anyone seen coastal12???

Any locals have any inside tips on some less expensive travel options. Plane tickets are freaking expensive right now. If I could travel for $400 or less (not including hotel), I could book right now. Problem is all flights to Lafayette seem to be more than that and the ones to Nola/Houston that are less will end up being more once I take into account a rental cat to get me back and forth. Could use some tips.
There are a bunch of other, cheaper hotels around, but less convenient to get to CF, the main campus and downtown. I assume you are getting a car? If so, you could look around outside the UL area, or even in one of the smaller towns around the city. How much time would you be willing to spend driving back and forth from the game?
We also love Airbnb type stuff, so u could try that as well.

The issue isn't really the housing. I have a couple of friends already going and we are planning to do an AIRBUS. The problem is getting down there at a halfway reasonable amount (hopefully $400 or less round-trip). Any help would be appreciated to figure out a way. I'll get a car if it can factor into the travel budget of $400 or less.

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - FrankyP - 11-21-2021 12:22 PM

Well, if it were me, and you were already getting a car, the cheapest flights would be either Houston or NOLA. The drive time from Houston is about 3-4 hours, depending on traffic. Not just Houston, but they are doing stuff on both I10 e & w in Lafayette, which causes delays. I know. I drive I10W -E each day.

NOLA is just over 2 hours, but you MUST take Hwy 90 if you go that route. I10 through BTR is a nightmare most of the times, and believe us when we tell you that you want to spend as LEAST time in BTR as is humanely possible. There are fewer flights @NOLA than Houston, but still more options than LFT. The only other option would be BTR, but they have the same number of flights as LFT, so I doubt it’s any cheaper. Same goes for the smaller towns in the area like Alexandria or lake Charles.

If you do some searches and need advice on flight options let me know. I used to fly out of LFT for many years, so know the ins-and-outs of it pretty well.

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - APPrising - 11-21-2021 01:22 PM

I flew into Baton Rouge and drove 1 hour from there. That was the cheapest option 6 years ago, not sure about now

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - CoachWillRob - 11-21-2021 01:39 PM

I want to make this trip, but financially there is no way I can do a two flight games(2nd game being the bowl game). Lafayette is just a little too far to drive.

Is there a possibility of finding a permanent location for the SB Championship game that's driveable for most teams, especially with us moving to 14?

1st thought is Atlanta, but that's where the SEC game is. So maybe something like Chattanooga or Birmingham? That's right in between both East & West Divisions.

RE: Official: App@Cajuns in CCG - SpeedkingATL - 11-21-2021 04:07 PM

Myself and another Atlanta App purchased our direct flights to Lafayette and got the hotel reservations early this week. We were able to purchase tickets to the game on the drive back to ATL from Troy last night. I have been to Lafayette before but never to a game at UL and it would be a huge understatement to say that we aren't totally psyched to be coming to this CCG. Both of these teams are playing at a very high level right now and it should be a barn burner. I've enjoyed the few UL fans I've had the pleasure to meet at Kidd Brewer and I'm sure the hospitality will be welcoming at Cajun Field. See you Cajuns on the Friday night pre-game!